[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I vote with my phone yet? There ought to be an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 184643738.jpg (37 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
184643738.jpg
37 KB, 640x360
Why can't I vote with my phone yet?

There ought to be an election app.
>>
>>55551942
There might as well be. The US is irreparably fucked.
>>
File: cms-image-000400802.jpg (114 KB, 956x500) Image search: [Google]
cms-image-000400802.jpg
114 KB, 956x500
are you americans already electronic voting?
>>
>>55552385
Electronic, yes, Networked, no (at least I don't think so) You are handed a card which you place in a machine. You vote by touchscreen. Once you are done you are prompted to remove that card and hand it back to the volunteers. I'm not really sure if the cards are read on site or if they drive them to a central location where they are read and tallied.
>>
Because people from other countries will vote using VPNs. TCP based voting systems make it impossible to count legit votes because the count is incremented each time in SQL.
>>
>>55552481
that's definitely not the only way to inplement it, and TCP has nothing to do with how you count the votes
>>
>>55552385
>Brazil, making elections easier to rig since 1996
>>
>>55552481
>TCP based
As opposed to?
>>
If you want electronic voting, we need the government to set up a national database of EVERY citizen and issue ironclad identity verification that can't be faked, or would require incredible investment to fake. Then, you have people use these to log into a secure government site where they access all their services (like paying taxes, applying for federal programs, etc.), and during elections, this is where they'd place their vote. Because each vote is tied to an individual that is verified, voting fraud becomes much harder, and people can come forward if their votes were tampered with because it will display it on their page.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.