[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Built or Bought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: image.gif (5 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
5 KB, 650x450
Hello /g/ I was wondering what would be the better thing to do? Built my PC or buy a prebuilt one
>>
>>55548191
Definitely build your own. Not only is it cheaper, you can have a nice custom machine and possibly (if you don´t fuck up) the best possible for your budget. It´s definitely the best way to go. Inb4 Alienware bullshit.
>>
>>55548191
Buy a prebuilt one, disassemble it and build it together again.

Best of both worlds.
>>
>>55548191
Stop being a lazy faggot and build it yourself.
>>
File: warning.jpg (21 KB, 426x389) Image search: [Google]
warning.jpg
21 KB, 426x389
>>55548191
build it yourself or pay someone to build it for you, if you're too retarded

never EVER buy one of those prebuilt computers from the stores or online. it's just assembly line non-upgradable marketing speak garbage, has been like that for the past 15 years
>>
>>55550341
This.
>>
>>55548191
You can actually find comparable prebuilt PCs at bestbuy and the like. Building your own isn't the be-all end-all.
As long as you know the quality of the parts that you need, you can do either. The people at the store will be absolutely no help.
>>
File: jewed.png (475 KB, 816x541) Image search: [Google]
jewed.png
475 KB, 816x541
This is why you don't buy prebuilt desktops. They pull this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akVnl4HIHPY&t=16m50s
>>
>>55550422
I guess I should add, there's a sea of shit you would have to wade through. as well, you shouldn't do it online for the pure purpose of making sure you're getting what you paid for.
>>
>>55550425
> guy spends literally 4 hours ripping a shitty prebuilt a new asshole

Wew lad
>>
>>55550425
>external psu
I dont even
>>
>>55550425
Not sure if this was a comedy or an actual tech video. People buy that shit?
>>
>>55550109
Laff
>>
It depends on what you use your computer for. Generally it's obviously better to DIY, but if you do average joeshmoe things only with the computer, it's not going to be that much of a difference as long as you don't buy the cheapest possible prebuilt and avoid HP.
>>
depends how much your time is worth desu
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.