[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tails
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: tree.png (487 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tree.png
487 KB, 1920x1080
I need help /g/. I'm not very tech savvy but recently I have begun exploring the deep web. I'm not doing anything illegal, however I would like to keep total anonymity. Some people have been telling me TAILS is flawed. Is this true? Are there any better alternatives? Also any advice/help is appreciated friends.
>>
What flaws does it have?
>>
>>55535203
I'm not entirely sure. Someone told me that by using it you are more at risk of being deanonymized than when using TBB
>>
>>55535181
Just today we found out that anyone using tails is put on an NSA watchlist of potential extremists so I'd tread lightly if I was you.
>>
>>55535241
where did you hear this from?
>>
>>55535241
>today
Did you check the date on that article?

That news is not months old, no, but years old.
>>
>>55535271
Know of any similar programs that are more "under the radar"?
>>
>>55535302
You already blew it by posting this thread, it's too late now.
>>
>>55535357
aw fuck :( good thing im keeping it legal :)
>>
>>55535302
the most thing to do to be under the radar is knowing what you're doing. for example, the silk road guy gave personal information(an email) in some forum and that's what they used to trace him. it wasn't a Tor flaw, or the operating system he was using.

tails give the basics to be under the radar, but since you're being stupid, there is nothing it can do.

also check this out:

https://www.qubes-os.org/

>Qubes OS is a security-focused desktop operating system that aims to provide security through isolation. Virtualization is performed by Xen, and user environments can be based on Fedora, Debian, Whonix, and Microsoft Windows, among other operating systems.

interesting concept
>>
>>55535430
where do I learn what I'm doing. I don't like the whole idea of learning as I go along.
>>
File: Qubes-OS-Desktop.png (688 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Qubes-OS-Desktop.png
688 KB, 1600x900
>>55535430
like each window of a browser is using a different VM, so if anything is compromised it keeps in it and doesn't compromise the operating system or the browser itself.

>>55535471
I can't say because I don't know what you're willing to do. for example, if you're going to buy/sell illegal stuff and you give your cellphone or some kind of regular email that can be traceable by police. it doesn't matter if you're using Tor or internet explorer.
>>
>>55535491
I really just want to browse. But I'm trying to prevent stumbling upon something illegal and becoming associated. Do you know anything about Qubes? I really need someone to chat with who can walk me through safe browsing. Doesn't have to be you anon, I'm just trying to get as much information as I can
>>
>>55535533
if you're just browsing, I don't think you'll have any problems just running Tor in your current operating system tb.h

it's like watching a streaming or downloading a torrent(actually acquiring a pirated version of some software/movie/audio with copyrights). in some countries, if you download it you'll be sued and pay a few hundred bucks. by watching, 'you're just browsing'.
>>
>>55535567
Really noob question but what is the easiest way to navigate the deep web?
>>
>>55535589
I'm not into deep web to give you valuable information, but since you're using Tor, you can access hidden services(.onion) "deep web"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.onion
you'll get better information here and in the Tor Project page itself.

check out https://freenetproject.org/ and https://gnu.io/
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.