[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holy shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: LQFhglg.jpg (38 KB, 700x521) Image search: [Google]
LQFhglg.jpg
38 KB, 700x521
holy shit
>>
That is an interesting hack.
>>
>>55529713
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzcnWEC17JI
>>
>>55529713
Not make one into a belt buckle.
>>
Always break the plugs
>>
>>55529748
Hardware breaks over time and businesses throw away what they don't use. I see this as someone repurposing up a switch that was destined for the trash heap.
>>
>>55529805
I made a company website for a small A/C company a guy in my town started.

All of his hardware is about 8 to 10 years old. I asked him what was up, and he said he got most of it for free after a business closed down. He said 90% of what they do is email, word processing and spreadsheets, so he saw no reason to invest in new hardware.
>>
>>55529926
I work with some of the nation's biggest retailers. If it weren't for tightening compliance for PCI and other things, they'd never upgrade a thing. A retailer with over 800 stores in the US ran gear that hadn't been supported (much less sold) since 1999.
>>
>>55529713
The little clamps on the male connectors are gonna break very quickly. You can see, number 6 is already broken.
>>
>>55532162
That's why you use this:

www.ebay.com/itm/Siemens-RJ45-Plug-90-Industrial-ethernet-connector-metal/171980929864
>>
I wouldn't want to carry those around in my pocket. Ethernet connectors can have sharp edges, not to mention the zip ties it looks like they used to secure the loops.
>>
>>55533280
But he's clearly not using those. So he's idea is not very clever.
>>
>>55533280
$14 dollars for a ethernet connector.
only 4 pins

Whoever said you get what you pay for is full of shit.
>>
>>55529713
>holy shit
really makes you think...hmmmm
>>
>>55529713
>instead of attaching carabiners to each cable and leaving them in the switch
>he said fuck that
>and carries 5 cat5 cables in his pockets instead
Is he some massive fat slob that wears XXL pants or what?
>>
>>55533448
He own's a pretty recent Audio, so I don't think hes fat.
>>
>>55533524
Audi* for fucks sake auto correct
>>
>>55533348
Those physical connectors appear to be for the super high bandwidth shit like in IEEE 802.3bq. I think "Category 7/8" ethernet cabling requires the use of IEC 60603-7-7 metal connectors if you choose to use RJ45.
>>
>>55532162
I have a feeling they used defective patch cables destined for the trash heap also. That broken connector was probably already broken during the time when it used to transport megabits from the interweb.
>>
>>55529713
explain how this is better than a goddamn key hanger
>>
>>55529964
A computer wholesaler in Aus, Synnex, held on to DOS computers with old as fuck hardware. I think it was the i386? Not sure.

They upgraded to core 2 duos around 8-10 years ago and they haven't upgraded since.
>>
>>55529964
>>55535245
If it works, why change it?
>>
>>55535184
its not better, this is key hanger!
>>
>>55535184
You get to post pictures of it online and have strangers gush over how """clever""" it is.

I actually think its pretty neat.
>>
>>55533524
>>55533604
That makes a lot of sense
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.