[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Windows rot How often do you guys reinstall windows? I was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: GeorgeWBush.jpg (2 MB, 2267x3000) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeWBush.jpg
2 MB, 2267x3000
Windows rot

How often do you guys reinstall windows? I was thinking about it to free up some hard drive space but I don't know if it's worth it. Thoughts?
>>
get better storage

i was on the same install for about 7 years and i only had a 10k rpm drive. only formatted to do fresh install to 10

if that shit slows down over time it is 100% user error
>>
>>55529684
I used to reinstall xp about once a year. I haven't found the need to do the same with 7 or 10
>>
>>55529684
Not very often. My windows VM hasn't slowed down for ages. Probably because I don't use it very often
>>
Never, because I refuse to use Microshit's operating systems. Why? See OP.
>>
>>55529684
Just nuke your install partition and leave your home partition alone.
Download some minimal iso and burn on a USB drive.
It'll only take a few minutes and you'll be up and running with the latest drivers and software.

Wait, windows?
First you need to find your licence key...
>>
6 years and counting
>>
>>55529684
I reinstall windows 7 pro about once a week, sometimes twice or thrice a week.
Seriously. Not a big deal.
>>
>>55529764
>First you need to find your licence key...

Okay, now what?
>>
>>55529684
a debian iso
>>
>>55529684
Windows doesn't "rot" at all if you know how to take care of it.
>>
File: lololololololol.jpg (11 KB, 231x190) Image search: [Google]
lololololololol.jpg
11 KB, 231x190
>>55529764
>>
>>55530622
>dubs of utter falsehood
>>
File: 1464963936059.jpg (73 KB, 562x600) Image search: [Google]
1464963936059.jpg
73 KB, 562x600
Haven't reinstalled in 6 years. Win 7. Works like a charm, only one BSOD in those 6 years and never had a complete freeze requiring hard reboot.

Why?

Because I have it set up PERFECTLY for my autistic needs. Each program, game, folder, setting is the way I like it. Nice and comfy.

Not planning to change in the next 10 years. Got it saved as a backup image on another HDD if I fuck up something.

On the other side of the spectrum I have a friend that reinstalls it almost every day, but he likes to play around with it and fuck shit up.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.