[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scrolling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: qtkishi.jpg (49 KB, 640x854) Image search: [Google]
qtkishi.jpg
49 KB, 640x854
I have carpal tunnel, and need a solution for scrolling. The ergonomic wired mouse I use is fine when I have a desk, but honestly I use my laptop a lot in bed. I've been considering one of those clickers used for presentations, but I wish those had a physical scroll on them for better control. Any suggestions?
>>
>>55514013
Get a trackball instead of a mouse?
>>
>>55514064
The mouse isn't the problem, it's just too big and unwieldy to use in bed. That's why I was thinking of something smaller and more importantly, thumbable.
>>
>>55514013
>>55514107

I call bullshit.

Get you a hard flat surface like a smooth piece of wood or a pad and move the mouse over that. Your bed can't possibly be small enough to where you lying down leaves not enough room for such a setup to the side of the bed.
>>
If you use/have steam at all, I have found the steam controller to be great for just general desktop (read: internet) browsing.

Wonky as dick for games though but I haven't made a real effort to accustom myself to it
>>
>>55514414
It's not really about not having the space to have a mouse on the bed. It's more about the angle. Basically I need my palms up. In order to use a regular mouse comfortably, I would have to turn it upside down. With the ergonomic mouse, more like 90 degrees.

I'm actually looking at some finger trackballs that >>55514064 suggested, but unfortunately they're not very common.
>>
>>55514548
I was actually quite tempted to buy one during the sale. How do you scroll on that? Left stick? I suppose it's customizable.
>>
>>55514013
Do you just browse in bed? A tablet might be a better form factor for that in general, though if you type I'm not sure.
>>
>>55514602
Default is scrolling with the left trackpad, its default set to a circle scroll so clockwise scrolls down.
Its nice because you don't have to pick up your thumb to keep scrolling, you can just endlessly scroll. Typing is super intuitive for a controller as well. I got pretty fast with it.
>>
>>55514013
I've been using one of these for almost 10 years.
>>
>>55514013
...found...chink...armor.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.