[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RX 480 Crossfire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: crossfire.jpg (456 KB, 4240x2832) Image search: [Google]
crossfire.jpg
456 KB, 4240x2832
Can you /g/uys sway me to either a GTX 1080 or crossfire RX 480, taking into account all factors, including budget?

If 480 crossfire can really outperform a 1080 like AMD claims, it would be fucking revolutionary for the budget scene, and myself as I'm building a new PC.

Help?
>>
Don't bother unless you're into one game that you play 90% of the time like say Battlefield that supports it. Sure you can get better performance than 1080 for less but you can't rely on games supporting crossfire. I say this as someone that had crossfire 290x.

Maybe things will change with DX12 but I wouldn't count on it yet. By the time it does Vega will be out anyway and there will be 480 price drops. So either buy a 480 now and live with the performance and then buy another 480 later or just go for the 1080.
>>
Crossfire works only in select titles, AMD hardware only beats Nvidia when DX12 is involved
Microsoft is looking to make DirectX12 utilize multiple GPUs better

Youre basically taking a bet that all of the games you want to play use DX12
>>
I bought a single 480 with a plan to upgrade to a flagship when this generation is fully fluffed out - so Fury successor/1080ti - and we have a good idea of what parts of the new tech will affect anything in the big picture and what won't, so it's not blind guessing over whether DX12 multigpu will mean anything and so on and on
>>
>>55514025
Have to add that I also ordered an HTC Vive along with it so the features are more important to me than raw performance - as both AMD and nVidia have their own sets of VR specific features that might/will make a huge difference but we just don't know what will stick yet
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.