[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I had a evga 560 gtx , that I think came overclocked out the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: EVGA_GTX580_results.jpg (199 KB, 1013x672) Image search: [Google]
EVGA_GTX580_results.jpg
199 KB, 1013x672
I had a evga 560 gtx , that I think came overclocked out the box , that was getting 250 pretty close constant fps on cs on medium high settings.

That card died on me and I just bought a evga gtx 580 which according to everything i read is much better yet im getting slightly less fps on the same settings as my 560, it also seems to dip down lower fps during intensive scenerios more then my 560.

I am pretty computer / tech illiterate and was wondering why this is happening? Is it because my 560 came overclocked and this one isnt? I was expecting higher fps on higher settings.

Pic related was the card i got
>>
560 has a +210mhz core clock, and much faster memory

the 580 wasnt heavily overclocked like the 560 was

if you were moving around cards like this, you honestly should have gone with something much newer than jumping up 2 cards from 2010

shoulda gone 750ti
>>
Why did you bother getting a 580?

You could have got something like a 750ti that would have been cheap and significantly better.
>>
>>55512531

i got 2 580s for 150. my case isnt able to run 2 at once though, so il need to buy some shit before i can sli them
>>
>>55512531
He didn't say how much he paid. I have a 580 here I paid $15 for.

>>55512454
From what I've gathered, CS framrates are going to be CPU limited, unless you're running something like 16xSSAA. Load up GPU-Z and see if you're even hitting 100% GPU load in-game.

It could be you loaded a new driver that has more CPU overhead, or you didn't clear out the old ones.
>>
>>55512570
>Pay $150 for 2 580s
>Spend some more to sli them
>Now have a house fire that still is shit compared to a newer single gpu
>>
>>55512669

i actually think i can put 2 in my case i just looked, i dont know how tho, if i just plug another 1 in will they work in sync?
>>
Literally an AMD 480 is $200 and will last you for 10 years without upgrading if you don't want the latest, which its obvious you don't. You are a fucking retard
>>
>>55512692
First make sure you have the power supply for it. If you don't have a good quality 800W+ PSU I wouldn't even try.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/geforce_gtx_580_sli_review,14.html
>>
>>55512783

I payed 150 (cad) which is like 100 american. I pretty much paid 50$ each american. pretty sure i got a decent deal, also, i only play cs on low settings, so i really dont need much more then even 1 580 desu. i
>>
the 580 is a lot faster than the 560 so idk.
>>
File: kek.png (600 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
600 KB, 800x533
>>55512874

>SLI 580s
>slower than a 750ti
>housefire included
>cs
>>
>>55512913

Do you just get off trying to tell people off on the internet? I only have 1 in at the moment and its doing everything I need and more. I can either sell the other 1 or sli, it really doesnt even matter, the bottom line is i got a good deal for what i needed. stay mad
>>
>>55512938
no, you got a bad deal for what you needed

a new GTX 750ti is between 90 and 110$
most models dont require external power, and a single one outperforms a 580 sli

ya fucked up
>>
>>55513149
Not OP but I'm really not sure that a single 750ti outpaces 580's in SLI
>>
>>55512570
That's a bad decision and buying more shit to run SLI using cards from 2010 is definitely another bad decision. Sell them yourself and recoup your losses as much as possible and buy a more modern card, there's absolutely nothing those old things will do better and you definitely don't want SLI when a new card can be both faster and more efficient.

Maybe sell your 2nd card and keep using 1 if that's fast enough for you, but definitely don't go around buying more shit in order to get SLI to work.
>>
750ti outperforming a 580 sli? Are you guys fucking retarded or just pretending? For the record i use an i5 2.5k at 4.5g with a stock 580 and get a constant 100 fps on 1080p with ultra/high settings. The 580 is around 670 performance. The 750ti is around 660+ performance. The op must have fucked up the drivers or use a shit tier cpu.
>>
>>55513353
i think a 580sli is only slightly better, but it also uses about 400 more watts of power and may or may not be hot enough to turn your PC into an easy-bake oven
>>
>>55512874
Are you from Halifax?

I saw a guy on Kijiji selling two GTX580s for $150.
>>
>>55514267

no but interestingly enough the guy said he was moving their in a month
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.