[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ubuntu: Windows 10 Update to Allow Users to Run Linux-Based OS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Where were you when this finally happened?

http://www.techworm.net/2016/07/ubuntus-unity-desktop-environment-can-run-windows-10.html
>>
Better yet, you can run gnu+linux all by itself.
No wangblows required.
>>
S E L L O U T S
E
L
L
O
U
T
S
>>
I've been running ganooloonicks natively for at least a decade now.
>>
>>55511934
>finally happened
You say that like it's a good thing
>>
>>55511934
Embrace
Extend
Extinguish

Canonicuck btfo
>>
So why don't they just build a POSIX compliant system of their own over the Winblows kernel? Would be 10x better than this frankenbeast. I can't even begin to fathom the thought-process of the engineers behind this.

>Devs don't want to use our OS anymore
>They complain that our lack of a real shell and utilities makes it hard to use
>Let's just take another OS which is supposed to be like 10x shittier according to our corporation and put it on top of our OS
>Now people will want to use Winblows to develop
>Not bloated and hacked together at all
>Please develop on us
>>
>>55512866
>So why don't they just build a POSIX compliant system of their own over the Winblows kernel?
They did, years ago.
>>
>>55511934
check the catalog, newfag
>>
>>55511934
I want to know whom they want to catch.
Linux users already use Linux and they won't use Win10 because of telemetry.
Windows users won't give a fuck.
So, what are they doing and why?
>>
>>55512958
A desperate attempt to gain back the absurd ammount of college kids who program on OSX/Linux.
>>
>>55512958
Open source is the new thing now. They wants to show people they are a nice company, that is open and not hidding anything.

>>55511934
>you can now use unity on windows
>you can't install it easily on a distribution that is not ubuntu.
>>
It already could couldn't it? It was a pain in the ass, but you could get entire DEs going under cygwin.
>>
>>55511934
Windows owns 90%+ of the desktop and are actively fishing for a small fraction of the <2% who still use Linux.
This is what you do when you run out of things you can do.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.