[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
userscript propagation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: userscript.png (16 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
userscript.png
16 KB, 640x480
Let's pretend you have a web application that supports user scripts.
As soon as you allow users access to other peoples scripts, you may want to make sure people don't abuse it. so you need either to
a) filter js so that no endless loops/function definition(and therefore endless recursions) and unwanted API calls appear
b) Have a safe language compiled to JS on the server
c) Have a safe language interpreted at the client on top of JS
d) ???

What are the options, gee?
>>
>>55511430
Bumpedidump
>>
Do your own homework you stupid faggot.
>>
>>55511430
Filter is not an idea...safe language might be difficult to implement bit you can interpret it on the fly with JavaScript itself...or you can define a "secure" api
>>
You could define permissions to access your resources, and limited quotas to use them. That way no matter what your users do, they won't exceed over the limit they have assigned to them.
>>
>>55512402
>implying this is a OR THIS BIRD STABS YOU bread
>>
>>55512408
Thanks, that is the only answer that goes even remotely in to the right direction. Now, I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so: Does something like this exist already?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.