[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>By default the tor browser bundle doesn't use internal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: wake.jpg (173 KB, 800x522) Image search: [Google]
wake.jpg
173 KB, 800x522
>By default the tor browser bundle doesn't use internal relay
>only uses client mode by default
>offers no way to change it either
Either the Tor devs are completely incompetent or much like the javascript issue it's being done this way on purpose
>>
>>55496799
>the javascript issue
You mean users being too dumb not to use facebook over TOR, or browser fingerprinting exploits?
>>
>>55496799
I don't know about the internal relay stuff.
But TOR doesn't make you smarter, if you wanna protect your identity there is a serie of things you need to configure. Check out https://www.privacytools.io/
>>
>>55498748
No i mean the issue where javascript was enabled by default (most likely on purpose).

>>55498889
Tor has 3 modes:
Client mode
Internal relay
Exit node.

Being in client only mode means any traffic going from your PC into Tor can be deduced to being yours and yours alone.

Internal Relay is what should be default, You relay traffic for others but only internally.

Exit node should be avoided unless you have the means to host it.
>>
>>55499228
so you can change it or not??
>>
>>55496799
People don't want to be internal relays either, since it attracts the notice of some government agencies, like the NSA. If you turned it on by default, it would legit put people just trying it out in certain countries at risk. Also, most people in the US have shit bandwidth anyway.
>>
>>55499400
You can if you just run the tor program, I think it has a torrc file.

The TBB offers no way to adjust it, They should at least give the option.
>>
>>55499410
Bandwith is the only excuse not to use internal relay.

Bridge exist for those that can't connect directly.

Traffic correlation can almost certainly be done on client mode.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.