[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im new
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160705_202958.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160705_202958.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
Hey /g/ im new here and i Have been hanging around for 2 weeks and I dont
>understand
>shit
Where do I start? How do I start learning how to program?
Also, any websites or forums are welcome.
>>
codecademy or automate the boring stuff

Also, fuck off
>>
>>55490600
Try Python and write a simple program which takes two inputs and multiplies them.
>>
> this isnt ironic
do you have a goal? a thing TO program? if not there's no point in learning. Its like learning to build a car and never actually building one.
>>
you fuck yourself
>>
Start by installing Gentoo
>>
>>55490600
Why would you care about programing if you don't work in such an field? It's not like you'll become some anonymoose hacker just by learning how to code.
>>
>how do I get to my non-existent goal???

Don't learn programming, or coding, if it doesn't interest you. You don't become a secret hacker, or part of the cool club.

What you should do:
>take an old PC, disassemble and reassemble
>make your first desktop
>keep it, use it
>buy a business laptop either Dell or Thinkpad
>learn to take that apart, upgrade it, reassemble
Both the laptop and desktop experiences are to train yourself, so that you do not step foot into a PC shop or have to ask for help again
>install Linux on a VM, learn to use your distro of choice
>install that distro
>use it
>????
>profit

What you shouldn't do:
>install or use Windows 10
>use an apple device
>lol I just bought a _____ , am I cool now??? (Mac, Smartphone, Overpriced laptop such as Dell XPS or gaming laptop)
Those purchases are unnecessary and they don't actually teach you anything, except consumerism
>>
>>55490600
> I don't understand shit
thats 90% of people on /g/
and being able to acknowledge your own ignorance puts you in the top 10%
>>
>>55490600
I want you inside of me
>>
Install GNU/Linux, rice it, learn to understand a UNIX-like environment. After this, teach yourself the basics of shell scripting in order to understand the general syntax of programming.

Afterwards you should build a PC, get nice headphones, and be a /g/ meme master.

After this initiation, you have to remember the gnu/linux interjection by heart
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.