[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just trying to have Sim fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_20160708-163337.png (457 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160708-163337.png
457 KB, 1080x1920
So I got this laptop that had a smart card reader in it given its a corporate lease refurb.

I have been trying to find fun things I could do with it with little luck.

Only thing I've found that might work is this adapter to use my Sim card and get my phones network on the laptop.... Would this work??

Bplus B1108A : SmartCard to Starndard SIM PCB adapter - Credit Card size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008Y9CDXQ/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_vFdGxb9ZRYANA
>>
B... Bump?
>>
Maybe we can just talk about what fun things there are to do with smart card readers?? And not necessarily help an amon on with his shopping advice how does that sound?
>>
>>55480572
SIM cards might be fun but yr phone has the contacts and the info can be spoofed with software on the phone. though an LTE connection on yr laptop would be cool

>>55480868
PGP key?
>>
>>55480918
I am definitely trying to get my phone network through its SIM card onto this laptop so I don't have to rely on Wi-Fi... And every smart card adapter that you can put a SIM card in only says it will let you read the SIM card but doesn't give you the phone's Network... So I am asking for advice on how to use my phone SIM card to give my laptop 4G
>>
File: IMAG0123.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0123.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
Well op here I am definitely a fuck boy. The laptop has an actual Sim card reader already in it next to the SD card slot.
>>
>>55480950
hmm a quick search reveals the problem might be you need extra hardware to run a modified OpenWRT that does 4G over USB:

https://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/router_openwrt

it's probably just easier to buy a surf-stick:

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/laptop/how-get-mobile-internet-on-your-laptop-3524133/

you could probably use it to make backups on programmable SIM cards, which might be useful for travelling
>>
>>55481257
Thanks for the surfstick link!! I have Googled for something like this with no results. They need to fix their marketing.

Ps: my fucking phones Sim card is one of those micro Sim card and won't fit... Off to Amazon.
>>
>>55481287
idk what brand he plugs but you can get them from cell providers prepaid

you can also get SIM card adapters, black plastic molds with a clear window. i keep my cards at nano and put them in the relevant adapter
>>
>>55482175
yea upon further research the only crap popping up for suffstick are useless german sites
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.