[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have been in IT for 9 years now. Mostly between two helpdesk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1465511088998.jpg (421 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1465511088998.jpg
421 KB, 1920x1080
So I have been in IT for 9 years now. Mostly between two helpdesk gigs. One corporate and the other for a megachurch. (In before hurrdurr helpdesk are you retarded?) I am seriously done with IT at this point as I just got downsized at the corporate gig and I honestly can't even think of doing IT anymore. I had something lined up at a govt office and I turned it down because I started getting panicky about "here we go again for another half decade." I really want to do something else but man I am only good at IT bullshit. Has this happened to anyone else who did IT for a while and then got the fuck out of the career entirely?

TL:DR boohoo I am burned out on IT what the fuck do I even do now.
>>
>>55478406
>I have been in IT
>helpdesk
lmao
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaaa.gif (180 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaaa.gif
180 KB, 640x360
You can start by posting your favorite GCCX episodes
>>
>>55478427

Yeah yeah. I know people are going to laugh, but I do feel like I know more than the average person. I can do AD, I can fuck with switches and APs, I can build VMs and get them setup. I really have a lot of experience, just not enough or interest to focus on one.

>>55478457

Murderous Intent is great, but I really really like any of the adventure game/mystery ones where he uses the whiteboard and has character magnets.
>>
>>55478488
>I really have a lot of experience
nigga, most IT people I know do that shit in 1 year tops, even people whose jobs don't involve it

why were you doing it for 9 years?!
>>
>>55478511

No other options. Megachurch had 3 workers, the actual Network admin and the systems admin while I did whatever they wanted/needed me to do.

Corp had no room for improvement as everyone was pretty trenched into their positions. Like I got moved to Helpdesk 3 but that was a paybump only.
>>
>>55478576
>>55478406

Ever heard of certifications?
>>
>>55478849

You actually have to be good at test taking for those. Help desk positions are rudimentary middle class cave man jobs.
>>
>>55478488
The mystery ones are easily my favorite. It's surprising how well Arino can catch on to the twists.

My favorites were Clock tower, Mansion of Hidden Souls, and Night of the Sickle Weasel, though all of the mystery ones were good. I think the only adventure/mystery one I haven't watched yet is the Famicon Detective Club.
>>
>>55478849
>>55478884

I have passed Network+ (one of the lead pastors made it mandatory for the position during my final year), CWTS, CCIA, RHCE, and a handful of MS certs for Office.
>>
File: 1467560060335.jpg (23 KB, 337x278) Image search: [Google]
1467560060335.jpg
23 KB, 337x278
that's your own fault. did u not listen in class when they told u to move on to bigger jobs than ur previous one.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.