[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats everyone doing this summer? Studying cs at uni, I only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1459365125577.jpg (613 KB, 1200x1697) Image search: [Google]
1459365125577.jpg
613 KB, 1200x1697
Whats everyone doing this summer? Studying cs at uni, I only have an intro level c++ class and and intro to comp org class under my belt. What are some cool /g/ related projects to do this summer? I have a nice pc and an old dell dimension in my basement to work with.
>>
>>55477255
huff petrol, or drink bleach
>>
>>55477296
alright
>>
File: 1467757964027.png (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
1467757964027.png
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>55477255
>>
>>55477255
install gentoo
>>
>>55477255
This summer I'm working overtime earning 12 pounds an hour. Feels good man. Just ordered a new pc, final part arriving on Monday.
>>
>>55478078
nice, howd you land that job?
>>
>>55478182
Sucked the boss man's dick.
>>
>>55477588
Rollin'
>>
>>55478278
>credential validator
Fuck that. I have done that kind of shit a million times before and it is never interesting.
>>
>>55478078
People normally lose weight when they stop being NEET.
>>
>>55478182
The chick interviewing me was pretty chilled, and asked me questions that were actually logical, ones that I could answer easily. Almost every other interview I've been to has been full of BS. Not to mention I usually have potato salad pouring out my pockets during interviews, nevermind spaghetti.
>>
>>55477255
Currently self-studying linear algebra using KA, doing pretty good so far but I wish it had more exercises for practice.
>>
>>55478311
I'm as thin as a reed already, don't need to lose weight.
>>
Also feeling somewhat depressed because I read that Elisa Sinclair story floating around /b/. Was not prepared for the feels.
>>
>>55478392
You're gaining 12 pounds an hour, you planet.
>>
>>55478434
GBP you mongol. Nice you baited my reply.
>>
>>55477588
why is git necessary?
>>
>>55478557

git or github can be used as a personal portfolio to showcase programs you've made. Which would prove you're not a newbie
>>
>>55477255
>get into some UAV research thing, got advantaged because I'm technically on the spectrum and get minority points
>initially try to get shit installed on a RasPi, otherwise have no idea what the fuck I'm doing
>went fuck it towards the end, am throwing together a shitty 2D simulator to test artificial potential fields with fixed-wing aircraft (got the backend done, just need to make a GUI and an interface for flight plans)
>this was my second-to-last week of the program

There's the possibility I might break off and write my own paper since I essentially broke off from my group, but I'm also a fucking retard so whatever.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.