[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an idea.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 21
File: gmsQwzQ.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
gmsQwzQ.gif
1 MB, 250x250
I have this idea for a website. Similar-ish idea to 4chin when it comes to anonymity. The big difference is content hosting. The website will store ZERO data.

For example, if you make a thread. Your thread gets sent to the main server then that server broadcasts your thread to anyone watching. however if you are not sitting listening to the site and you miss the broadcast. That data is gone. The server only holds it for a second to send it out then that data is destroyed.

You would obviously have much more lurking because you need to watch for every post. but no posts could get deleted or removed. no images or files could be deleted or removed.

Im sure I did an awful job explaining this. What do you guys think?
>>
Like a chat room without logs. Whoever is on atm, gets to see it.
>>
File: xVWU8xU.gif (2 MB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
xVWU8xU.gif
2 MB, 400x320
>>55464033
Exactly like that! I didn't know that was a thing but it sounds right.

You have to be watching when the post is made if you want to see it. obviously you can implement auto lurking for multiple threads but thats the main idea.
>>
>>55463995
What would the point of this be?
>>
Hm the thread could be like a git repo. Distributed over whoever is on, not persisted on server. Everytime someone would post, it would submit a commit to everyone listening to that repo. It would go on until the last listener would quit. Then there would be no more of that thread.

One issue is... how does one find a thread? The server only has addresses, not content? And clicking an address just means 'subscribe me to future commits'. ?
>>
File: bb.png (488 KB, 481x813) Image search: [Google]
bb.png
488 KB, 481x813
>>55463995

Bumping for interest

inb4: i'll get started on the logo
>>
Kinda reminds me of p2pchan, except you can't see older threads.
>>
Sounds good. I'll get started on the logo.
>>
File: yeuYmTU.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
yeuYmTU.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>55464072
I dont really like the idea of relying on other users to "host" the content. but if your saying what i think you mean i like that idea. if your in a thread you see all the new comments. if someone joins late they dont ever get to see the earlier comments. There can be a reply trail that is persistent but the comment content would be gone.

also there would be a main page that would constantly refresh on the user side. This would show any new posts that are made while watching.
>>
I kid you not, I'm starting to work on this tommorow.
>>
File: zPQq5Oa.gif (999 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
zPQq5Oa.gif
999 KB, 500x700
>>55464068
Mainly so you can post freely without your post ever getting "removed". if you know the people in the thread you can make a post and they all get that comment/image/file. and as long as you stay in the thread that data will always be there. no one would have the power to delete that post. not even the site owner.
>>
>>55463995
I can work on the logo
>>
>>55464162
if your serious send me an email real quick so we can stay in contact

[email protected]
>>
Sounds cool, but too similar to like a chatroom.
What sets it apart from that?
>>
>>55464220
90% of "new" apps are just old ideas with maybe one or two new features and marketed differently.
>>
>>55464220
a cool UI...

fuck i dont know. I havent seen chatrooms do what im thinking. I definatly havent seen a (i hate to say this) 4chan-style chatroom that you can post any content without fear of it being deleted.

what would you recommend to set it apart?
>>
At least make sure that the chat is encrypted.
>>
I can see a potential for cheezy pizza. Post pizza. You get to see it but it does not stay on the server.
>>
How about this: instead of letting the content pass through the server first and then rebroadcasting it to visitors, use webrtc to communicate the content directly. The server only establishes the link between users and they receive and send content between them.
>>
>>55464250
A website that hosts the names/identifiers for chatrooms.
A chatroom is created when someone OPs a "thread".
The unique identifier is kept track of by the server for a short time, enough for people to join the chat.
After that period of time, that identifier is removed from the board, but the chatroom stays open until the last person leaves.
The only way you can join a chat is by having the "thread" identifier, if you leave, you better have it noted.

I dunno, just my interpretation.

This is starting to sound too much like IRC.
>>
Tor it
>>
>>55464275
Thats a really interesting idea!

im not familiar with webrtc(il look into it now), would it be fast enough to be feasible?

also how can you do post numbering(IDing) if multiple people can post at the exact same time?

side point, would it really be a concern that the sever holds the data for those 5seconds? what could be done in that time to make the server look bad. it would never be caught with illegal data on it.

i guess if they catch you in those 5 second while the server still has it would be bad,
>>
>>55463995
I played around with an idea like this in the past. The reason I abandoned it was because it made it impossible to deal with spammers (no IPs = no bans). I thought about implementing some workaround with tripcodes but didn't come up with anything that wasn't both over engineered and likely to fail.

The diaspora project is decentralized. You may want to read up on how their project works in order to get some ideas about how to implement your own site.

Here's a blog post where they explain why only using MongoDB was a mistake.
http://www.sarahmei.com/blog/2013/11/11/why-you-should-never-use-mongodb/

If you do go that route, do not use ruby. Instead use node.js or something more modern.

>>55464250

There are some anonymous services out there that effectively act somewhere between a message board and a chat room with file hosting. They are however prone to spam and housing pedophiles (pedos incentivize law enforcement to attack the service). Also, the technology behind said services has to be fairly sophisticated to do what it does.
>>
>>55464308
What if instead of being arranged like a chat room, which would make it a lot like IRC, it is styled and ordered like an image board. Once you join the server you start receiving newly created threads, which you can then participate in, sharing text and images in a similar way to 4chan.
>>
>>55464183
So where is the content hosted? On my machine?
What if the connection is slow and I don't get to download the file (I suppose the biggest file would be an image or a webm)?
>>
>>55464308
no uniqe id would be kept on the server. defiantly not long enough for someone to find the thread. also the chat room would never "close", because its never open. data is just sent to all watchers as soon as someone makes a post. then immediately that data is destroyed.
>>
>>55464271
the point of this is not to help pedos. defiantly not to host cp. but the idea is to allow people to share whatever data they want. its all on the person, zero fault on the server.
>>
>refresh page
>everything gone
great idea bro :^)
>>
>>55464368
Then how do you filter threads? I may not be understanding clearly, but how does one choose what to look out for and what not to?
>>
>>55464329
Webrtc is basically p2p, facilitated by a server. You are reliant on your own network connection to receive all the traffic the site is experiencing at any point. This architecture would make it hard for /b/ style traffic to be supported, but if it's mostly compressed text it should be doable. The only issue (or in some cases, advantage) is that you can only join threads created after you joined.
>>
>>55464355
Exactly! once you find a thread you want to be a part of and start lurking, it will just the same as 4chan.

there would be a main "thread" as the home page where you start your lurking and wait for someone to post into or make a new thread in that main one. then you can join it.
>>
>>55464033
so IRC?
>>
>>55464357
the content would be "hosted" on the server. but only for literally milliseconds.

it gets sent the data.
it broadcasts that data to anyone listening
then deletes the data.

so its never hosted for long. i dont know if it would even really be called hosting.
>>
>>55464357
fuck im a tard and didnt answer your second point.

and thats a really good one.

im not sure how it would work out if the server sends out all the data and on your end it gets fucked up. connection was too slow or data gets corrupted.

thats a really good point il need to think about.

THANK YOU!
>>
>>55464456
what if somebody is on a slow connection?
>>
>>55464406
i guess inside the main thread there could be some sticky threads. in those threads would be categories.

good point though.

it will be reeeally hard to find something specific but thats the point, its kind of just chance what you see.
>>
File: 1460592752243.jpg (6 KB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1460592752243.jpg
6 KB, 250x240
>>55464183
>>55464448

Yeah. Like IRC.
>>
>>55463995
Third parties will archive that shit.
>>
>>55464352
Great info my friend!! thank you I will definitely look into this stuff! great starting point.

i understand hosting illegal content will draw attraction from law agencies. hopefully though this concept would be enough to show the server and operator did nothing illegal and never hosted illegal data.
>>
>>55464523

Good for them. No server raids.
>>
>>55464523
true. and there would be bots lurking and joining every thread from the beginning.
but at that point they are hosting the illegal data not me
>>
>>55464500
>>55464406
You receive everything currently going on, so searching through the current content will get you interesting topics.

>>55464479
>>55464480
Compressing data should help with this, but downloading large files shouldn't be a problem if the p2p model is used. The sender will just need to adjust the upload speed.
>>
People would just write lurker bots for the boards they want to follow, just like the IRC ones
>>
>>55463995
Why centralize this shit in the first place? Distributed also allows some short-term persistence so that one can catch up on the 8 hours they slept without staying connected.

Anyway, zero content control means you're going to need darknet-level anonymity and it will be even more of a shithole than this place. Waste of time unless you're a pedophile. Have fun with the media and eventually FBI.
>>
>>55464594
The first point is spot on! That's exactly what I was thinking.True you will need to let it lurk for a bit so you have a good pool to search though, but it would work.

Along with images/webms I'd also like to allow files. So the p2p is what I'm leaning towards. With the current website design speed would be king to make sure you get every post submitted. Would p2p be fast enough for this? Also how anonymous can you be in a p2p network?
>>
>>55464669
Awesome. I was actually thinking of making an official one for the site. So you can lurk and walk away and still be loading shit. That is ideal. If people want to do it on their own I'd encourage it. I really dont see the downside
>>
File: 1467498316551.jpg (72 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1467498316551.jpg
72 KB, 612x612
i would love to help but i dont have programming knowledge. i need to get myself to learn, so what language(s) are going to be involved so i can focus on those when i get home tonight
>>
>>55464686
With WebRTC it is hard to be anonymous. In fact, it is a known exploit to find the internal IP of a machine using the browser. While I initially thought this was a good idea the more I think about it the more this sounds like an invitation for people to come in and beam pizza to unsuspecting people...
>>
So IRC
>>
>>55464677
Thats my main fear of having it more p2p style, lack of anonymity. Thats really the main reason for the centralization. A

All the extra layers of anonymity are up to the user, it definitively wont be required(although highly, HIGHLY recommended).

I love this shit hole because of what people post. I don't agree with most of it but the rest is awesome and cant be found in many other places. If I could make and even "freer" place I will.
>>
>>55463995
How would I find threads then Anon? Find threads in something like the Catalog here. My suggestion: Maybe each time you make a thread it redirects you to it so that you, being the first reader, is the one keeping that thread alive. If you make a thread and close the tab, it's gone. Your thread your responsibility type of thing. That, or a timer of sorts.
>>
Better would be a torrent chan

You could filter threads by tags easily, you could make file-sharing and image hosting easier. People are responsible for their own stuff. It can be used via proxy, but people can just ban your id (visible IP would probably be too dangerous so there needs to be another form of verification, but no one stops you from using 5 accounts for trolling and bumping)

Only threads that someone seeds will be available. If it's a shit thread it will only be the OP seeding so it will be among the million of dead threads with one seeder.

Popular threads stay up as long as enough people are seeding

You can choose which comments, pictures and threads to bump (seed) so whatever kind of people aren't tolerated in any given sub can be silenced if no one seeds them.

You can block people and you can also block people that seed a certain post (all dub getters in a single move)
>>
File: fuck.png (345 KB, 1676x690) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
345 KB, 1676x690
>>55464352
Im still lost when it comes to dealing with the spammers. Using something like a tripcode is a good idea, although like you said there must be flaws.

These fucking awful captchas might work.
>>
>>55463995
what will stop this from being a cesspool of people spamming cp
>>
>>55464677
It's still interesting to push the boundaries of a "self regulating" online community.

Best case scenario: say there's a pedo thread and everyone leaves (to kill the thread) except for OP who's keeping it alive. There could be a rule that kills threads kept alive for more than X minutes by more or less than X amount of users.

Worst case scenario: pedo thread filled with bots the site can't detect, thus keeping the thread alive indefinitely.
>>
>>55464802
huh. That's a really good idea. That's a REALLY good idea.

From what I'm understanding though the thread"torrent" would be a different torrent then every file in that thread. What I mean is if I start a thread and seed it. I dont necessarily seed a post made by someone in that thread. I dont want to seed the cp that guy just posted in my thread.

How would you deal with that. Manually choose every comment to seed?

Seriously good idea, I love that thinking.
>>
>>55464594
that's not the point i'm making. Size isn't the issue. You say the server keeps the file until everybody has it. What happens if somebody comes along with a flakey connection? Do you just not give them the files?

why not just outsource file hosting to other sites like many other sites do? Let puush or imgur deal with it.
>>
>>55464842
Absolutely nothing. The good news is that mods don't have to delete anything because it's already gone.
>>
>>55464802
>in any given sub
And that's when I knew you were a redditor
>>
>>55464842
The posters would be reported. I think the authorities will go after them and not the server.

>>55464877
I like the auto killing of threads idea.

The only people at fault in those pedo threads would be the posters and lurkers. If there is a pedo thread but no one is in it, is there really a pedo thread? Everyone in those threads would be persecuted and watched.

>>55464894
My idea was that the server only send the file out one time to each person. You bring up a good point in lag. We could implement a timeout where as you said, those people probably just wont get the all of the big files.

Outside hosting isnt an option because no one would allow it for long. The main point is that the data isnt hosted anywhere. Its just sent one time, if you miss it your SOL.
>>
>>55463995
>The big difference is content hosting. The website will store ZERO data.

This only works until some agency wants it.
>>
>>55464899
Seriously. No one would be liable but the poster and possibly long time lurkers. But as in 4chin I'm sure there would be ways of weeding them out(spiderman for example).
>>
>>55464921
even more so, there was something like reddit just as op is tryig to do

cant remember the name, but as op, it was dead on arrival. no users, no point
>>
>>55464963
What do you mean? They can ask for it and I can show them the servers and all the code. They will see the servers dont actually host any data. It just acts as a middle man for one second. They could try to wiretap it with a subpoena, but there can always be a warrant canary on the site.
>>
>>55465027
Marketing is everything.
>>
>>55463995
actually, I made a web interface to text-to-speech engines so it could be used as "anonymous vocaroo":
http://nask.co
and one of the ideas I had was making an "anonymous voice chat"... no one uses my website, though, so I lost motivation. (I also added video/images support so you can make videos with voices)

btw, can you guys criticize my website? I want to know if the UI/UX / voices / domain name are terrible, if if the webapp as a whole is useless.
>>
>>55463995
Even if the data is removed, someone else will scrap your website, store the data and make a clone. Just look at the 4chan clones out there. And that could happen EVEN if you try stopping them. Many private forums have been cloned....
>>
>>55464520
>have a znc server
>don't have to be online to get messages
>get a buffer for every device i use
I'd recommend something else for OP's idea
>>
>>55465152
But then the archive site takes the heat, not the main site
>>
>>55465152
take a look at these.

>>55464523
>>55464563

and these

>>55464669
>>55464710
>>
>>55464594
So it would be like 4chan except everyone would be able to see your IP?
>>
>>55465223
True.

>>55465254
Sorry, I hadn't read the thread before posting..

>>55465107
Actually... I remember someone mentioning forums that worked like this, that were running in the onion network (for maximum security), but I can't find info on this.
>>
File: Thank you.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Thank you.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>55465223
You get it.
>>
>>55464200
>your
nvm, we won't be compatible
>>
What if you like found a way to make 4chan, but with IPFS or some other P2P protocols? That way you wouldn't even need a central server.
>>
how can you post in a thread and get others to see it if the server doesnt hold data

i am pc noob
>>
>>55465347
The server holds the data for maybe 5 seconds while it sends it to everyone who's in the thread at that time, then it deletes it

If you weren't there, then you missed it.
>>
File: Thanks-For-Joining-Us.jpg (46 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
Thanks-For-Joining-Us.jpg
46 KB, 600x338
>>55465295
Not a promblem. Thanks for the input! If you have any other ideas/concerns please voice them.

>>55465301
That and the 10 minutes for that email address is way gone.
>>
I'll make the logo
>>
>>55463995
sounds like volafile, what do you need such anonymity for? are you a pedophile?
>>
>>55465372
so how would you know which thread to join?
none of the threads have any content. the only thing the server would have is a list of people watching a thread and some thread IDs.
>>
I like the idea, it really reminds me of Snapchat and how they're fucking up Snapchat. The one issue I have is how do you prevent bots from sitting there and hoarding the data? I would hope you could have private threads that only certain people have access too.
>>
>>55465372

oh right, so it would be real time updated not refreshed, sounds interesting

do you need a logo?
>>
>>55463995
>anon never heard about online chatrooms
>"wow i have a great idea"
>makes said "great idea"
>someone creates a scrapper for it
>scrapper runs 24/7
>scrapper allows anyone to view complete history/archive
>scrapper also comes in the form of an "app"
>people start to use the scrapper "app"
>scrapper app gets functionality to post content
>people now rely on the scrapper app instead of the original website

was anything of value lost?
>>
>>55465420

Basically this.

>>55464355
>>55464429

And i think it was answered better somewhere in this thread.

You will have to sit for a bit(maybe a bot will do this) and watch the threads as they populate. then you can choose which one/s to enter.
>>
>>55463995
>>55464183
T-there's two of them.
>>
>>55465462
Sounds good to me! If the site still works as intended(people can freely and some what safely post anything) I dont care who runs it.

I brought this idea to /g/ because I hope someone can take the basic idea and run with it. I just want the freedom for people to do what they want online.
>>
>>55465153
>that could be applied everywhere
>you can't stop people from archiving
>>
File: 1430052046001.jpg (60 KB, 400x583) Image search: [Google]
1430052046001.jpg
60 KB, 400x583
>>55463995
How about a decentralized peer2peer 4chan?
>>
>>55465420
Perhaps it could store just the topic or the OP for as long as the thread is "live"
>>
File: Capture.png (6 KB, 355x102) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
6 KB, 355x102
>>55465489
...I wish

I just changed my trip. I like "TRIPcuck" more than my first one.
>>
>>55465502
reading comprehension
>>
>>55465502
so yet another online chat room? hmmm ok, good luck getting people to use it
>>
File: trips.png (63 KB, 1125x681) Image search: [Google]
trips.png
63 KB, 1125x681
>>55463995
>Guys wants to build a new imageboard
>Doesn't respect the values of the imageboard he's using
>>
once it's done, i'll be the guy who saves an archive of the entire thing on a mirror so it'll all be pointless :^)
>>
Actually I have been thinking about a p2p Chan, too.

Just a single server to get a list of all peers, but the data is transferred between the users.

Well, I will probably never do it anyway, so have fun
>>
>>55465573
If you read your picture you see even it says trips are fine for one thread(as is this one) and to help identify[the true op].

I even changed my trip to "TRIPcuck", hmm maybe theres a reason or it.

TOP KEK
>>
>>55465594
>btchan is a great idea
>being part of an actual botnet
>letting others push images and text onto your browser without any restrictions
mommy, the computer has a sad smiley face again
>>
>>55465590

I hope this is a troll, or does really no one read the thread they post in?

>>55465152
>>
A decentralized system like this can't have monotonically-increasing post IDs, so instead of
>>55463995
post replies might have to look more like
>>4343a669-d2ad-4123-b36a-0afeeb3a9553

Which isn't exactly a big problem, just one of the things to consider.
>>
>>55465668

Very true, referencing would be difficult. I think as you suggested randomly generated id's would be the best bet. The chance of two posts hitting the same number at the time of posting is really unlikely. Even if the collision did occur we only lost two posts.

Good point, Im sure someone can figure out a way to address this issue... I can't.
>>
>>55465668
You could just assign each post a number between 1-1000, assuming you can't crosslink
>>
To these guys posting "me/someone else will just archive the whole thing". Are you fucking serious?
That's the fucking point, you piece of shit, you can archive and seed whatever the fuck you want, but when the partyvan arrives, it wont be for the mods, it will be for the fucktard who's hosting all the illegal files on his PC and seeding it. Remember, you don't have to open any illegal threads and seed its content, but if you do so, it's all on you, bitch.
>>
>>55465769
generate some hash based on the number of seconds since unix epoch?
>>
>>55465769
Not just randomly generated: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_unique_identifier

>>55465770
The trouble is: how do you assign those numbers without two posts accidentally getting the same number?
Actually, if it stays centralized instead of p2p, the server could do it I guess.
>>
>>55465816
The goal is to make it near-impossible for two posts to get the same ID. With your approach, it's not only possible but relatively easy for two posts to occur in the same second.
>>
>>55465791
>p2p
>fbi running scrapper
>faggot sending in loli directly to fbi archive
>faggot says that "great idea" site allows him to do it
no faglord, its YOU who is gonna get fucked, not the archives
>>
>>55465645
>being part of an actual botnet
Fuck off with your memes, you don't call your last torrent a botnet, too

Anyway, I thought more of an app, maybe a bit like yodel (An anonymous textboard which only shows you "threads" near your location which is getting really popular at unis in Germany right now).
It would probably mostly be illegal stuff but I kinda like the idea of a decentralized system
>>
nigga that's irc.
>>
>>55465870
So append a random 2-3 digit number to the end of timestamp. If it uses milliseconds then the chance of collision is very low.
>>
>>55465898
I do assume people will run scrappers. Thats not an issue. I wont post any illegal content. If I do it will be stolen files or some shit definitely not cp. This site was never intended to shelter those people posting illegal content. it's meant to shelter the server. If you post that shit i hope you get fucked in jail. This site wont cover your ass at all.
>>
>>55465910
>downloading from random peers
>seeding copyrighted content
yes i do call it a botnet, torrenting died long time ago in my book, even if you are down/up-loading free content there is always that random peer fucking your shit up when you least expect

>chatrooms

>chat
>rooms

>r o o m s
>>
>>55465940
Then we are just back to generating random numbers and hoping they dont collide. I dont disagree with this idea, I cant think of anything better either
>>
>>55465947
ok so you don't like cp, we get it.
>>
>>55465947
>my "tool" provides access to online chat rooms where cp content can be found
guess which door the coppers are gonna knock on first? you fucking millennials...
>>
>>55465976
The other option is that the server stores how many posts have been made so far. This could even reset every once in a while.
>>
>>55465898
Well, following your logic other "great idea" called image hosting websites would also allow pedophiles to post content, but they don't because they know if the feds get their IP it's not the server that's going to be raped in prison. Image hosts are in fact a lot more prone to that than what OP suggests, because the files would never be stored in the main server, only on users who choose to seed it PC's.
>>
>>55466014
Because all the members of the Tor Project have been arrested, right? 7620
>>
>>55465898
>>55466034
Isn't there some catchy law about this? I read something about youtube that said it was liability free from user-posted content as long as it complied and deleted stuff after the fact.
>>
>>55466048
Yep. That's exactly what I meant.
>>
>>55466014
I get your point, I really do. But I doubt that I would be that liable. You don't go after chrome because its a "tool" used to access cp or whatever.

Clearly I'm not a lawyer so im not going to test this in court. I just dont think it would be the servers fault. We wont condone it and we will gladly give up IP's or anything we have to help catch those posting and lurking.
>>
>>55464183
i'm pretty sure this "no one can delete posts" thing is/was a feature of one of the 4chan plugins. if a post gets deleted but you have a copy of it, the thread continues to show it but marks it as deleted
>>
>>55466043
>i have a central indexing server for online chat rooms
>its just like tor
ayy
>>
>>55463995
Market it as an ethereum app?
>>
>>55466071
>we will gladly give up IP's or anything we have to help catch those posting and lurking
why? everyone already has that info at that point, including the archives! the question will be, who provided and facilitated the transactions with that info.
>>
>>55466117
They are liability free
>>
>>55463995
Have you tried not being a retard and/or a fag?
>>
>>55466117
So if someone post CP on 4chan, the mods are liable for the user's action? Hell no!
They just delete and ban the fucker and problem solved.

Your "who provided and facilitated the transactions" bullshit would never stick here or in courte. If this was the case the internet wouldn't even existe, because it is facilitating transactions of CP since it was born.
>>
Idk if this has been mentioned in the thread or if it's even a good idea. But maybe rather than board centric it's a stumble upon type of deal. Where you can either get the thread by being linked it or you just randomly find it via clicking a button on the home page.

It's almost like a nod to old 4chan where all you can really do is reminisce about the things you found. Idk if that makes sense but I always thought it would be neat
>>
>>55466191
Well no linking would be possible because by the time like link is made the content is gone. BUT as i stated before you would have to just sit and see whats posted. So that is kind of the sumbpleupon idea because what you find is random unless your already in a thread
>>
>>55466176
>>55466127
oh im laughing alright
ok then, implement yet another online chat room, post cp in it from an internet caffe and then post news about how its going (not on this board though, /adv/ would be nice, maybe youll catch a lawyer lurking)
gl
>>
>>55466226
That's true. I guess my issue is more so the whole getting traffic type stuff. Maybe something like a "hosted" link where the person that sends the link will essentially be transferring what content they've seen in the thread to the person they're sending the link to
>>
>>55466260
The server/site is liability free. Not the poster.
>>
Why not just use each peer as a node and have the content bounce between nodes indefinitely
>>
I smell a project.
>>
>>55466082
Nobody working on Snapchat has been arrested despite the mountains of underaged selfies everyone knows they store
>>
>>55466117
>criminal uses burner phone
>burner phones are providing and facilitating criminal transactions
>criminal: it wasn't my fault m8, mobile carriers made me do it!
>fbi: we obviously should put all mobile carrier owners in jail, leave this guy alone, he dindu nuffin
>>
>>55463995
if you went p2p with the data for slow connections, you could never use images, the first time cp gets posted, that would make everyone using the service culpable for distribution and possession.
>>
>>55466299
thats what you think, but the truth is that both the poster and the site are liable, the copper will go after the site owner first because its just easier
but, hey, if you got nothing to worry about, no problem in trying it, right?
>>
>>55466368
Give us something to back up your reasoning or shut the fuck up.
>>
>>55466329
>i cant distinguish between digital transactions and physical ones
wow good stuff mate, thx for the blog post, wanna make it available on my chat room?
>>
>>55463995
Sorry could you post the OP again? I wasn't here when it was posted the first time.
>>
>>55466387
you know that set of rules your country has in place and you have to abide to? yeah? that!
>>
>>55466443
Oh yeah thanks I memorized every single law applying to every county OP could be a part of.

How about show me a specific law you piece of shit?
>>
>>55466449
why? its YOUR obligation to know the law, you think the police is going to fall for the "i dind no"?
>asking for legal advice on /g/
sure, but you need to subscribe to my chat room feed first
>>
>>55466487
http://www.cjr.org/behind_the_news/user_generated_content_litigat.php
>>
>>55466421
Show me how that would go differently in a "digital transaction" then, instead of this ad hominem bullshit.
As I said before, if you were right 90% of the web wouldn't even exist.

Fuck it, even though I liked it, we all know that OP's idea will never get out of this thread, so there's no point in keeping this duscussion alive. Keep fishin', brah! Have fun.
>>
>>55466539
Ouch.

Your totally right though. I dont have the skills to make/maintain the site. Although the reason for coming here and saying my piece was to get the idea out. I hope someone comes along, fixes the idea and makes it a reality.
>>
>>55466608
ive been thinking about it, even considered programming something in java/python to test the idea.. how would boards/threads work? I actually had the idea of using a boolean expression of hashtags (..yes.. hashtags) to "subscribe" to a conversation ie: (#g & #sqt) would get you to a "stupid questions thread"-like conversation on /g/
>>
>>55465529
Underrated
>>
>>55466535
>text comments that might have links
>the same as distributing and aiding in the distribution of cp
implement it mang!

>>55466539
>Show me
shut up millennial white nigga, you dont know no kung fu
>>
>>55466632
Not OP but if you were going to do a tag system, you could have it to where the threads were generated by the tags. So boards would end up being irrelevant unless you set up a standard for how topics were declared.

For example you could do something like http://xyz.com/#tech_sqt and just doing #tech would bring you a random thread with the "tech_" prefix
>>
>>55466632
Sorry for late reply.

There are ideas for threads/boards in this thread. I cant help you out any more because I really dont know.

Id love to stay in contact with you and help with the coding/concepts.

[email protected]
this is a 10MinMail account. send me an email here and il send you my real email from it.
>>
>>55464066
What is that in your pic?
>>
>>55466882
Not that guy but I'm interested in the project, do you have another 10min mail?
>>
Maybe I'm just being a retard, but the main pro I see out of your idea is less of a need for moderation specifically CP spam. 1chan recently had to shut down because of that.
>>
>>55467248
Iv actually been adding time to that one so its still up. Il send you an email from my real account after, I dont want to post here for obvious reasons.
>>
>>55463995
call it snapchan, OP
>>
Do we have a logo yet?
>>
>>55463995
I really like this idea I hope someone makes it and it becomes popular.
4chan culture + total freedom to post whatever you want... well, you get the picture ;)
>>
>>55464183
I can't stop watching this gif. Send help.
>>
>>55463995
This is kind of like what 0chan on zeronet does. Pages are served in a bittorrent swarm.
>>
>>55463995
Make an IRC channel or something to discuss this in. I suggest Rizon.
>>
Does no one remember p2pchan?

Everyone ran their own little web server which talked to a server to find peers.
Peers replicated post information. All images hosted on imgur.com.

The source code still exists on GitHub.
>>
>>55467287
Because pizza, got it
>>
>>55464958
>The posters would be reported. I think the authorities will go after them and not the server.
just like the silk road, right?
>>
>>55467763
Great idea.

Im planning on making a new thread tomorrow and posting a link to a channel.
>>
Pie pieper
>>
>>55464842
>what will stop this from being a cesspool of people spamming cp

That's the only reason OP wants to make this site.
>>
>>55464399
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>55465590
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
File: 1466965086793.jpg (46 KB, 480x813) Image search: [Google]
1466965086793.jpg
46 KB, 480x813
>>55468575

Shit, went to sleep and your idea is still alive.
>>
>>55470038
Hey, I never said I was sleeping. The thread just slowed down, i though it was going to close.

The idea lives on!
>>
The server would have to keep data for a reasonable amount of time, because it would have to send it to everyone subscribing, and people with slow connections would take their time downloading it.

And forget about p2p. Users need to connect to each other for p2p and that is incompatible with anonymity.

Also distributing illegal content, even if you don't host it, can still be punishable buy law.
>>
>>55470183
Thats true about the slow connection. I'm not sure if you are the same person I talked with before about this.

>>55464357
You can read my two replies.
I didn't really have a solution other than possibly those with slow connections wont get full files.

although i was just thinking what if every user or unique IP would have a set buffer while they where connected. Say 15mb per user, and that buffer or cache would still only live for and extra nominal amount of time(not sure, 5 seconds maybe? 15?).

I was coming to the same conclusion with the p2p. I couldn't think of a way to make it anonymous. Im sure its still possible but I dont know how.

So we are still stuck with the slow connection problem along with any corrupted data. because if it gets fucked up in transit, theres no fixing it.

Im not a lawyer and I definitely wont test this idea in court.As of now its just an idea. I think it would work if we could somehow still weed out the people that post super legal shit.. We could still do ip bans.
>>
>>55470298
I guess there can be an option for crazy compression. so people with those slow connections can get something.
>>
File: networks.jpg (31 KB, 437x281) Image search: [Google]
networks.jpg
31 KB, 437x281
>>55463995
This will not work for a big amount of users.
What you are proposing is a star network. The server is in the middle and all the clients are its outside nodes. A server has a limited amount of ports it can use for keeping all these sockets alive and distributing the data will take a shitload of time.

How is this supposed to be implemented? All over HTTP(S)? I guess you would need Ajax for that. It wouldn't scale for shit and if you where to use mutliple servers at one point, managing the clients and database could be tricky.

The idea itself is interesting but the star network will have to be replaced by something else and at that point you are leaving the simple HTTP(S) space and need to make your own TCP/UDP based thing.
>>
File: 1464651148174.gif (48 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1464651148174.gif
48 KB, 480x270
Why aren't there any decent anonymous text boards it seems like they'd be way easier to manage than an imageboard
>>
>>55470415
Im a networking noob so I appreciate your info! Could you explain how my server idea(the star) would be any different than say 4chan. Multiple users all connecting at one time.

You also bring up a good point. With a ton of users the server could get fucked. Although it wouldnt be sending any more data than any other server with that many users.

Fuck I dont know. Why would this be any different than any other larger server?
>>
>>55470494
HTTP in itself closes its connection after serving the client.

So let's say that you are connecting to 4chan. You get served the website and the connection closes. If you hit the auto-update on 4chan, your browser asks the server if anything new has come up. Not the other way around.

Your idea makes the server the active part. The server has to remember who is connected and "reading". It then has to go through all of the clients and send the new data everytime something new has come up.

So let us improve your idea. You could make the server passive and let the users poll it (just like the 4chan auto update thingy). But now you have another problem: When can you safely delete a post from the servers memory?

The problem is this. If a user isn't polling anymore he either isn't connected anymore or has a connection problem. You can't delete the post from your memory until you didn't serve the client or otherwise your service is faulty. So how long do you keep your stuff in memory?

Let's say that you instruct every client to poll every 10 seconds and your posts are in memory for 10 seconds. You have a client listening and polling every 10 seconds. Now he has a slight network problem and his polling takes 11 seconds. He didn't get the post eventhough he didn't do anything wrong. Your service is faulty.

10 seconds polling time would be hell for the server btw if you have alot of clients. This is why 4chans auto-update makes the waiting time longer and longer each time.

The big difference from any other large server(farm) is that you need to keep track of all your users because if they have a small problem the data is LOST for them. This is why 4chan works a million times better. The data is stored for a while. So 4chans servers shit out the whole thread everytime and because 4chan doesn't need to really keep track of users you have a network of servers accessing the database and serving the clients.

4chan closes connections again. Your idea doesn't.
>>
>>55470415
You can put as many servers as you need in the middle. One central would handle updates and propagate them to other servers which in turn would send stuff to users. Scale it as big as you want.
>>
>>55464183
Go share your CP somewhere else, you fucking pedo.
>>
>>55470585
GET /g/thread/55463995.json HTTP/1.1
Host: a.4cdn.org
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
If-Modified-Since: Fri, 08 Jul 2016 09:39:28 GMT
Referer: http://boards.4chan.org
Origin: http://boards.4chan.org
Connection: keep-alive

>Connection: keep-alive

The connection is kept, not closed.

Nothing stops OP from using the same system with his site - he'd use the same system but all submiswsion would last for, say, 5 minutes.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-08+at+12.26.07).png (4 KB, 311x143) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-08+at+12.26.07).png
4 KB, 311x143
>>55470924
A persitent connection has a serverside time-out.

In the case of 4chan this seems to be 15 sec.

Even after sending a GET-Request with keep-Alive it took 4chan 15 sec to disconnect. It would make no sense keeping a connection up for ever.
>>
>>55463995
To further your idea, maybe some sort of client that torrents data between users the exchange of which is brokered by a website, or set of websites that maintain a list of all open and registered threads, ie the main website does not host anything except for a set of magnetic links, a thread will stay open so long as it remains hosted by at least some minimum number of users(greater than 1 for obvious reasons)
>>
>>55463995
Sounds good some form of chat service running through a relay on the internet? What could we call this internet relay chat?
>>
>>55463995
>ItsMe

The author of all my pains?
>>
>>55471545
>What could we call this internet relay chat?

Relayed Internet Messaging, Jointly Over Broadband? No wait that may be hard to search for.
>>
>>55463995
this is probably illegal somehow, you can't just say 'lol i got nothing' if the feds turn up wanting to seize servers and except to get away with that
>>
File: 1466824115819.png (310 KB, 478x258) Image search: [Google]
1466824115819.png
310 KB, 478x258
>>55471573

How can it be illegal? Relaying information? In that case, are public hotspots used to send illegal information illegal?

Are getaway cars illegal?
>>
It already exists, here: https://github.com/losvedir/ephemeral2

Have fun
>>
If the content is hosted on the posters computer whats to stop them from just writing malicious code? Or are you hosting the html file (webpage), but images and text data are stored on their computer? Even so they could just add malicious code.

You'd need some sort of sanitation, otherwise it would just be full of shitty script kiddie code.

Maybe you could have the data pas to the server, encrypt it then send it to the poster. Then the encrypted data is sent back to the server, decrypted, and sent to the users.
>>
>>55464368
>>55464388
ffs, learn to type "definately"
>>
>>55471944

Working site at http://ephemeralp2p.durazo.us/
>>
all the ideas in this thread are shit and you should all be ashamed.
>>
>>55464520
so why not just use irc?
>>
>>55472106
>being this stupid
>>
>>55463995
Why don't use Freenet + FMS (Freenet Messaging System) they even have an 4chan Board.
>>
>>55470415
Kek
http://highscalability.com/blog/2013/5/13/the-secret-to-10-million-concurrent-connections-the-kernel-i.html

>>55470585
Have none of you fuckers never used websockets? Like wtf
>>
Didn't read the thread, hope you didn't get off-track, but I like it and it's a good idea. I'd especially love it if you could find a way to allow for data sharing. Of course, with this anonymity you'd have certain 'human abuse' issues. Are you going to moderate it intensively also?
>>
File: 1456914489391.jpg (42 KB, 800x479) Image search: [Google]
1456914489391.jpg
42 KB, 800x479
b u m p i n g
>>
This would just require a websocket implementation. Actually pretty easy. Take any modern embedded chat that doesn't use old AJAX polling, it's using websockets. All you'd have to do is instead of sending a message and appending it to the chat, send a message and append it to a board div.
This is perfectly feasible honestly, you could make a small prototype in a couple days
>>
>>55472502
How am I supposed to post may mays in irc. Link to them?
>>
>>55464141
Sounds like a pretty simple concept.
You say 4chan like dose that mean multiple "feeds" or boards determined by the site creator or will user be able to create there own "channels".

Clearly we have to work out the terminology for this thing.
>>
Has nobody in this thread heard of W E B S O C K E T S

It's like you all learned your networking from a 2003 textbook
>>
So this is just 4chin what the server stores nothing and you have to have the page open to get content??
>>
holy shit, the "online chat rooms" thread is still alive...

>>55470494
>Im a networking noob
everyone could see that from the get-go

anyone in jail already? or is the summer level so high that there isnt even a crappy implementation?
>>
>>55463995
You might also consider hiding peoples identities via the system that Wikileaks uses, by buring the relevant data in hundreds of gigabytes of irrelevant data
>>
>>55475543
this

IRC is awesome but the protocol is ultimately text only and has nothing to do with the "web"
>>
>>55477318
Why don't you write it faggot
I would if I wasn't working on my other site today. It literally wouldn't take more than 1 hour to implement text and maybe another 2 for images.
>>
>>55467021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkmBLPHGp0E
>>
>>55464352
>use node.js
Nice b8
>>
>>55464448
IRC has logs
>>
>>55464068
Cheese pizza no tip
>>
>>55470482
Let's write one, somebody make a repo.
>>
>>55465529
28 years old.
Check.
>>
>>55465628
yes
>>
>>55463995
I won't respond to this since I was not there when you broad casted it
>>
>>55463995
The name of this is Zero Net and already exists.
>>
So basically a new kind of cp site. You sick op
>>
File: image_33.jpg (51 KB, 637x455) Image search: [Google]
image_33.jpg
51 KB, 637x455
bamp!!
>>
https://zeronet.io/
>>
>>55464097
ill get started on the logo, i'll boot up gimp!
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.