[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously, what the fuck. I had issues with Microsoft before,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8
File: fucking bullshit.jpg (3 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
fucking bullshit.jpg
3 KB, 300x168
Seriously, what the fuck. I had issues with Microsoft before, but this just reached a new fucking level.

Like everyone else, I got forced to install Windows 10. I always deactivated auto-updates for this reason, but no, it updated even if I didn't want to. Woke up in the morning with this crap.

Then, I couldn't find my files, they were in Windows.old. Phew ! Still there ! Woohoo !

No. Everything is deleted now. Since my computer was relatively new, I had no backups.

I am looking on the interwebz and this happened to so many people; Windows 10 installed itself without the consent of many people and it deleted their windows.old folder after one month, without warnings. What the fuck is this ? This should straight up be illegal.

I searched on the net and I can't find anything to help me. Is there any way to recover my deleted files, or are they really permanently deleted ?

This is bullshit and if I can't recover my files, I will never buy any products from Microsoft ever again, nothing. I will pay a Mac 5x the price, I don't give a fuck, at least they won't fuck me in the ass for no reasons. I didn't have really important files, but it is just a matter of principles. It is MY computer, don't fucking touch it you fucking Microsoft faggots.

What the hell, this shit should NOT be tolerated.

Thanks for your help
>>
>Microsoft doesn't wanna deal with laggard faggot normies
>Update-rape
>Idiots who don't backup get BTFO
>'wahh muh windbows! muh data!'
>"I'm downgradin!!!"
>I calmly sit and sip my tea like a real man while Cortana tells me jokes
>>
>>55454217
my nigga
>>
>>55454217
Even If you do a backup every day, Microsoft would still have deleted some of your files and if you havent done a backup a second before it, you lost some files. I don't understand how you believe this is actually okay
>>
File: 1437397833396.jpg (365 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1437397833396.jpg
365 KB, 1000x1500
>>55454179
Fuck off retard. Not your personal tech support.
>>
>doesn't have backups
>didn't run gwx control panel or never10
>didn't even manually change the two registry entries that prevent the windows 10 update
>he installed/didn't uninstall the updates that cause the windows 10 update to appear in the first place
>even leaves his computer on while gone, so there's absolutely no chance to manually cancel the update
>didn't downgrade despite having 30 days to do so
>instead waits ONE FUCKING MONTH to recover files

>Like everyone else, I got forced to install Windows 10.
>Like everyone else
elmayo

what the fuck are you doing on a tech board?

install gentoo

>>55454267
you make a backup every time you write a new file, not just once a day or some shit. that's the entire point.
>>
>>55454421
dem toolbars
>absolutely_disgusting.jpg
>>
>>55454179
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55455397
Ah I love rich dummy computer.
>>
>>55454217
>backing up is the new stability
>t. Windows 10 power user
>>
>>55454179
fuck off. W10 update doesn't delete shit.
>>
>>55454179
the only way to avoid windows 10 now is to downgrade to vista or posready 2009. or install a linux distro.

microsoft is phasing out 7 and 8, they don't want to waste time supporting them.
>>
>>55454179
>but no, it updated even if I didn't want to.
It was your fault, you didn't configure properly. Now fuck off to reddit if with your blogshit
>>
>>55456267
Calm down, Pajeet
>>
>>55454421
Fuck yes. Nice OC. It always annoyed me
>click
>click
>click
>click
>click
>waaah my PC is now fucked stoopid compooters!!!!!!!!!!
fucking hell
>>
>>55454179

>Like everyone else, I got forced to install Windows 10.

I wasnt forced to. I told my Windows to ask me first and it did. Same on my laptop. Same on my co-workers desktops and laptops. Same even on my mother laptop and she doesnt really care.

In short, nobody with a brain was forced to upgrade. If you did, dont blame MS for taking control, if you let them to.

>Then, I couldn't find my files, they were in Windows.old.
>No. Everything is deleted now.
>...and it deleted their windows.old folder after one month, without warnings.

So you basically waited whole month, without reading about the entrie proces, rollbacks and all, keeping your files in temporary folder and now cry they are gone.

Plus
>I had no backups.

For fucking sake, this MUST be a bait, people are not this stupid.

Even if they do, it is like MS did them a favor of taking control of their PCs before they can do harm to themselves. They shouldnt be even using Linux, since they would most likely screw it over even more, without so many idiot proof barriers.

Holy shit, Im mad. Here is your reply, took the bait, 10/10.
>>
You know, I just noticed something. By default 10 as the power option to perform scheduled tasks on a sleeping laptop if power cable is attached.

Starting with the issue that the windows can perform something while SLEEPING. That task was just to REBOOT. That's all the info I could get out of from the logs. There was no reason for it. Just rebooting. At 3 AM. No other tasks. No warning. No reasons.

Like WHAT THE FUCK? This is rising way too many questions.
>>
>>55454421
>Install updates automatically
>Not Check for updates but let me choose what to install
>>
All your file will be right where you left them.
>More Microsoft lies.
>>
>>55454179
>2016
>Running Windows
>>
>>55456203
bullshit i run 7 and have no issues since running gwx control panel
>>
OP here, you guys are total autists who believes everyone who doesnt spend 16h a day on his computer is a retard. No, I have a job, a wife, kids and a life. I just took for granted that my files will still be there tomorrow, since microsoft has absolutely no rights in deleting what is MINE.

Also, updates were never installed automatically on my computer, and I dont see why it changed with this one. Owait, microsoft is bullshit, thats why.
>>
>>55454179
>I got forced to install Windows 10
>I always deactivated auto-updates
Pick one.

>my computer was relatively new
>Then, I couldn't find my files
No shit? Try your old computer, dumbass.

>and it deleted their windows.old folder after one month
It took you a fucking month to realize that your files were gone? Obviously they weren't that fucking important.
>>
>>55461041
all of your problems could be gone if you just install gentoo
>>
>>55461091
Auto-updates were deactivated and it still updated during my sleep. That didnt only happen to me. Fuck auto-updates, I never wanted them and they will never be activated on any of my computers for obvious reasons. This windows 10 didnt respect that.

I dont have access to my files that were only on this computer. Never thought windows 10 would PERMANENTLY delete them for absolutely NO reason but "to free up 10gb of space". Bullshit

I found my files in windows.old the day after, then I didnt use the computer for a month. When I wanted to use it again, files were gone. Why would I have relocated them ? I knew where there are, and having them permanently deleted by windows 10 was the last thing I thought was gonna happen.
>>
>>55454421
Windows 10 is now a recommended update you dumb hindu nuffin
>>
>>55461233
>Auto-updates were deactivated
Obviously you fucked up. If you have Automatic Updates and BITS enabled in services then automatic updates aren't disabled.
It literally tells you that they'll delete Windows.old when it tells you that your old shit is in there.
>>
Spread your ass for Microsoft you gaming artist. WAHHH MY GAME SAVES ARE DELETED

No one cares.
>>
>>55454179
>win10 bullshit

step 1...
stop bitching op, you brought this on yourself by choosing m$

step 2...
you dont need to exchange an ass rape (m$) w/ a wallet rape (apple)

step 3...
install a linux distro (probably stick w/ ubuntu or one of its derivatives like linux mint or elementary since you're a fucking noob) on your shit ass laptop

step 4...
dual-boot w/ win if you're too much of a pussy to go all out *nix
>>
>>55461468
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
>>55461655
Well, every time you upgrade, you should always back up you retard.
>>
Sue Microsoft OP, they just hand out money
>>
>>55461041
>wife
>have
>i
jej
>>
>>55461710
>apropos of nothing fuck tard
backing up is a given you goddamn pedo
>>
>>55454179
>installs botnet
>complains about results of botnet
OP, seriously.
>>
File: poop.png (316 KB, 1800x1400) Image search: [Google]
poop.png
316 KB, 1800x1400
>>55454179

haha

>>55461260

Are you retasrded?
>>
>>55461873
retarded*
;_;
>>
File: Fedora Doggo.jpg (260 KB, 900x948) Image search: [Google]
Fedora Doggo.jpg
260 KB, 900x948
>>55460648
Same here in W8.1
>>
>>55454179
I feel sorry for you.. I left windows too.. similar story. My irritation reached a certain level..
>>
File: 1448299913468.jpg (48 KB, 439x439) Image search: [Google]
1448299913468.jpg
48 KB, 439x439
>>55454179
>things that didn't happen
>>
>>55454179
Learn to install GWX Control Panel, lazyass
>>
>>55461873
>>55461888
>agreed *ron* is a fucking poser retard...

>runs >command prompt (w/ admin privileges oooh) like you can actually do any sort of meaningful shit in windoze
>has task mgr & sys info open in background like a faggot> nuff said there
>running vlc w/ console to view fps (wow)

*ron* you're fucking *worse* than the goddamn op
>>
>>55462115

OP is honest. He's not clinging to something shitty.. He is not an autistic twat defending what he's used to.
>>
>>55462115
The ``console'' is ffmpeg transcoding Alien (1979), so good job there. Also, no1currs.
>>
>>55462144
OP is far from honest.
>deleted files ``one month after''
>>
Sue Microshaft and get your $10k.
>>
>>55454217
fucking hell Pajeet, this is just shillery to a new level, doing backups won't do jack to prevent very very recent files from getting deleted because no one does backups every goddamn second, unless you of course do Shadow Copies which this event would have deleted anyhow.

Also, tell Satya to go suck a dick
>>
>>55462172

He's being honest. He tells what he truly feels. You just don't agree with his opinion. You are being a cavil twat.
>>
>>55462149
>no1currs

well look what we have here. another fucking ass fag who can't spell. let's be original and try spell a word in the most fucked up way possible. stupid cunt. ...and yes, it's a mother fuckin' console, you gui cock sucker.
>>
>>55462198
No, he is not being honest. Feelings shouldn't even being taken into consideration. Feelings have nothing to do with the fact that he was ignorant and lazy.
>>
File: medium.jpg (8 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
medium.jpg
8 KB, 64x64
>>55462219
That's nice.
>>
>>55454179
>This is bullshit and if I can't recover my files, I will never buy any products from Microsoft ever again, nothing. I will pay a Mac 5x the price, I don't give a fuck, at least they won't fuck me in the ass for no reasons. I didn't have really important files, but it is just a matter of principles. It is MY computer, don't fucking touch it you fucking Microsoft faggots.
>
>What the hell, this shit should NOT be tolerated.
>
>Thanks for your help
nice blog post bro, +1 subscribed
>>
>>55462228

He tells you what he feels. He is being honest. You don't agree with what he believes to be true. I don't believe you know the definition of "honesty".. go and tease your sister or something..
>>
File: 1456252005610.jpg (62 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1456252005610.jpg
62 KB, 690x460
>>55454179
>What the fuck is this ? This should straight up be illegal.

You agreed to the EULA when you first installed Windows. Microsoft did nothing wrong.
>>
fuck this thread, I need w10 pro key, anyone got any spare? not a student and dont want to pay
>>
>>55462276
http://forums.mydigitallife.info
>>
>>55462276
Piracy is bad you moron.
Pay for the things you want like the rest of us.
>>
>>55462255
He is not honest, though. Just re-read his stupid post again and you can clearly see this is complete bullshit.
>Like everyone
Not everyone was forced to ``upgrade''. ( this is also a lie )
>I always deactivated auto-updates for this reason
This is a lie. ( also no ``feelings or ``opinions'' so far )
>Then I couldn't find my files, there they are, Phew. blah blah I didn't back them up
This is what? True honest feelings and opinions and the reason Microsoft is such a shitty company?
I bet OP is an Arch fag.
>>
>>55454508
>Needing to rely on backups so your OS wont erase all your data
>>
>>55462311
ugh cant find shit there
>>
>>55454508
This. Win 10 has been out for about a year now. There's no excuse to not have taken action by now. I used aegis voat to for my win 7 machines of anything to do with win 10 last year and zero problems. It's not even 10 minutes of work.
>>
>>55454421
>settings that YOU set
Nigga 95% of windows user don't even know what the control panel is, nevermind being aware that windows updates has settings you can change.
Installing 10 is the default setting, not a choice made by the user. One has to go out of his way to deactivate it.
Regardless, it's fucked up as all hell that the *recommended* option (aka what's supposedly best for people who don't know shit) is automatically changing OS and deleting old files after a while, I can't understand how can people defend this shit.
>>
Did anyone here REALLY BUY Windows or yall are joking?
>>
>>55463563
stop being a nigger, buy your Windows because all cracked versions of Windows have built in backdoors by the nigger who cracked it hardcoded viruses and malicious code into your nigger ridden Windows version. Either pay Microshit or be smart and get GNU because it's free
>>
>>55463694
You just download the untouched version, mod it as you like it, then crack it.
>>
File: 1436501788673.jpg (208 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
1436501788673.jpg
208 KB, 728x546
>>55462671
>Nigga 95% of windows user don't even know what the control panel is

Funny since there's no default setting period. You literally cannot get past the installation without manually choosing what updates are installed.

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>55464724
>Not choosing ask me later
Windows 10 is labeled as an "important" update now
>>
>>55465155
No it isn't fuck off moron.
>>
>>55465168
Then why are people with automatic updates enabled get it automatically? Optional updates don't install automatically even with automatic updates enabled
>>
>>55465183
see >>55454421 then fuck off.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.