[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I'm looking for a piece of hardware that is the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 71lI8WP2GdL._SL1500_.jpg (64 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
71lI8WP2GdL._SL1500_.jpg
64 KB, 1500x1500
Hey /g/,

I'm looking for a piece of hardware that is the opposite of pic related. To be clear, I would like a PCIe x16 slot filler. So that I can plug a x1 card into it and the card is flush with the back of the case in order to be able to plug stuff into it. Does such a thing exist? Thanks for your help.
>>
>>55449108
a x1 card will plug perfectly fine into a x16 slot. try x4 slots are designed the same way.
>>
File: download (1).png (355 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
download (1).png
355 KB, 360x480
>>55449128
Here's a shitty pic. It fits and works, but I want to know if there is some sort of bracket that will make it so this usb card will be up against the back of the case.
>>
Secondary question: why do so many people need a thing to expand a PCI e x1 slot into a x16 but I can't find the thing I want?
>>
Bump for bump's sake.
>>
File: PEXUSB3S23.main.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
PEXUSB3S23.main.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>>55449196
What the fuck kind of card is that? Every PCIe x1 card I've ever seen looks something like pic related, which has the bracket at the back where it should be. Nothing exists like you want because nobody has that mutant card thing you have.
>>
It's basically that with 4 ports. I took the bracket off so it would sit where there's that partition in the connector but maybe I don't have to do that and I realize now I may be dumb?
>>
>>55449701
It's hard to tell what's going on from your tiny pic, but it seriously looks like you've plugged it in wrong. PCIe cards are always connected at the end closer to the back of the case. The short section at the back past the divider inthe connector is only used for power, while the rest of the connector is used for the PCIe signal. I'm amazed that you say it actually works like you have it.
>>
>>55449196
mobo model? something's odd here
>>
>>55451927
-- if it's a prebuilt (which i'm feeling it is), then the model of the machine is fine
>>
File: faggot.jpg (20 KB, 600x326) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
20 KB, 600x326
>>55449196
Op, stop being a faggot and get something like pic related.
>>
>>55449283
Because you DON'T NEED TO DO THE REVERSE
>>
File: yuzu_what_1.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
yuzu_what_1.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>55449196
What the fuck am I looking at?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.