[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I a failure if I have to resort to copying code from stack
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1390684230412.jpg (17 KB, 470x376) Image search: [Google]
1390684230412.jpg
17 KB, 470x376
Am I a failure if I have to resort to copying code from stack overflow?
>>
Only if you don't understand the code
>>
>>55448806
Yes
>>
We're all failures at some point. In the end, we fail to keep living.
>>
>>55448806
All my programms are clusters of ripped off code snippets from stackoverflow.

Thank goodness for memory management and garbage collection
>>
>>55448882
Well said
>>
>>55448806
yes
>>
>>55448806

No. There are plenty of successful web developers that leverage stack overflow's copy and paste feature.
>>
>>55448806
No. Who the fuck doesn't. If all of your code from stack overflow then you have a problem.

Only johnny badass codes everything from scratch.
>>
>>55448806
Yes, there is nothing with askimg for help online, but any meaningful answer will be to broad/vague to reply with code snippet
>>
>>55448806
Isn't that what 99% developers do?
>>
>>55448806
if you understand the code and maybe next time you reuse that and make something new with it, the answer is no.
If you build shit with snippets and sweat like a pig while googling around for snippets to save the day... then you are a fucking failure.
>>
>>55449174

You cried. I know you did, onii-chan.
>>
>>55448814
fpbp

literally took the words out of my mouth
>>
>>55451147
ok, this was a stupid use of literally
>>
If you need help with the logical aspect of the program itself, then potentially no. If you're straight up just forgetting syntax and shit, yes.
>>
>>55451390
I would say the opposite. Syntaxes come and go, but the logic is pretty much the same.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.