[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How cheap could I managed to build a mini "console"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 2013-10-23_17-03-25.jpg (201 KB, 1020x680) Image search: [Google]
2013-10-23_17-03-25.jpg
201 KB, 1020x680
How cheap could I managed to build a mini "console" computer able to play games like Street Fighter V, MKX, Killer Instinct?

At my campus we have a fighting game meetup and I like to bring a computer with alot of interesting games pre-installed. Maybe with a 480, could I build something in a tiny case that could manage to play all of these games at 1080/60fps? Any recommended parts?

Pic related.
>>
>>>/wsr/
>>
>>55446049
Check out /r/sffpc, and the various buildapc subreddits.

You can make one cheap, but that depends on your definition of "cheap" and your portability requirements. Also, maybe consider getting a pair of fighting game joypad controllers.
>>
>>55446123
Most people have their own but I'll pack some with me.

Speaking of which, I never thought of this but with people plugging in and out their usb controllers, are there any third party programs that help regulate that? I dont think everyone's sticks and shit uses Xinput. That's kind of a big deal I think.
>>
Also, RX480 might be overkill for 1080/60fps especially if you're willing to reduce some graphics settings. Look into getting some used components. You can probably get a used old generation GPU (and CPU) and it will do the job fine.
>>
>>55446064
Bump
>>
>>55446169
No idea. Hopefully it's all plug-and-play. If not, ask for drivers in advance or have them use the sticks you provide.
>>
>>55446176
Probably will but I would like some headroom because I dont know what Tekken 7 or Injustice 2 (assuming it comes to PC) will be like for requirements.

That said my budget is around $600 including the case, so its damn tight.
>>
>>55446212
>$600
i dont see a problem.
just grab a 970 for 150e the team green fansboys toss out of their systems atm and any kind of i5 or whatever equivalent amd offers.
these combat games arent that performance hungry anyway.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.