[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you locked your computer today /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Have you locked your computer today /g/?
>>
Don't have one. If someone wanted to, they could just crowbar the shit out of a tower case.
>>
>>55444520
No. Why would I?
>>
op pls explain this thread
>>
>>55444520
No I have a laptop and server which is locked and the network cabinet is screwed into the wall and floor.
>>
File: 2016-05-21 12.43.12.jpg (754 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-21 12.43.12.jpg
754 KB, 1152x2048
of course.
>>
File: axeman.jpg (35 KB, 299x470) Image search: [Google]
axeman.jpg
35 KB, 299x470
You think that can stop me? I'm an expert hacker.
>>
>>55444959
http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-08/app-tells-locksmiths-how-make-keys-photos
>>
>>55445095
are you retarded? If they can make a copy of angela merkle's finger print from a photograph and have it be good enough to fool an iphone fingerprint scanner, then no fucking shit they can make a copy of your key with a picture.

That probably could have been done 20 years ago.
>>
>>55445126
>are you retarded?
just trying to keep you secure, friendo.
>>
>>55445095
>>55445144
Wouldn't it be a significant security breach?
Storing literal keys from the apartment with money in it somewhere on a server?

If I was the one to make this app, i would steal the shit out of someones keys/
>>
>>55445126
Yes, it totally could, but CNC mills were expensive and thus a little tricky to get access to. 3D printers, not so much.

Never take pictures of keys.

And no, I don't lock the computers themselves. The rooms they're in are locked. That'll do. What could be my threat model for locking the cases as well?
>>
>>55445017
I see what you did there...
>>
Back in my day the keylock disabled the input devices.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.