[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ – Small Questions Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: dwight.jpg (57 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dwight.jpg
57 KB, 1024x768
(aka Stupid Questions Thread)

Previous iteration: >>55430189
>>
My HDD has 2 partitions, C for windows and software, and D for files like movies, music etc

If I reinstall windows on C, will I lose my files from D or will D remain untouched?
>>
Javascript question... So here's an Object:

{code]var post = {
board: "/g/",
user: "anon",
solved: false
}[/code]

I am writing a routine to print its structure like this:

post.board
post.user
post.solved

Here it is, defined then called:

function showStructure(obj){
var a;
for (a in obj){
console.log(obj +'.'+ a);
}
}

showStructure(post);

And the output:

[object Object].board
[object Object].user
[object Object].solved

How can I get the variable name of the object rather than a handle?
>>
Why is there no standard or standard-like thing for config files?

The hipster use JSON which is not even meant to be human-readable, but most other programs use their own command processor/weird language like viml, some use lua...

Why not inifiles?
They've been working fine since forever right?
>>
Should I unplug the ethernet cable while doing a fresh install of Windows when I'm connected to a router with a bunch of untrustworthy computers?
Is there a chance I'll get raped before I have the firewall and shit up?
>>
>>55437773
I expect you can reinstall your OS on drive C without touching drive D, but we never know. And a backup is always a good idea.
>>
>>55437983
>Is there a chance I'll get raped before I have the firewall and shit up?
Clearly, as you're installing windows. And I'm only half-joking here.
>>
>>55438022
Is there a way I can make a copy of the cookies and all that so I don't have to re type all my usernames and passwords?
>>
Is it worth paying for MBAM premium?
>>
>>55438070
What browser are you using?
>>
>>55438079
chrome
>>
So I bought an SSD, and Windows 10 would not detect it, even though BIOs did.

I even went ahead and installed Windows 10 on that SSD, but still my original drive would not detect it. It isn't in Device Manager, isn't in Disk Management. The SSD is obviously not faulty so..

What gives? Even when I boot from my SSD, it would not recognize my first hard drive.
>>
>>55438090
Copy over the folder in AppData. I'm gonna assume it's something like Google\Chrome\User something
>>
>>55438108
thx
>>
>>55438100
Both of them are GPT?
>>
I'm going to start a small ISP, does anyone have resources so I can learn about how it's done?
I know the basics of how everything works but nothing really about networking.
I know I have to buy bandwidth from someone like level3, get some routing equipment and lay cable.
But after that, I have no idea.
I'm only going to start out with 30 or so customers outside the city, there is /no/ internet here. I have to pay tons of money for my local ISP to lay cables anyway, why wouldn't I do it myself and make money?
Going to eventually start a thread but I want to do more research first.
Reading the archives and googling right now. Anything will help, thanks.
>>
>>55438090
IIRC Chrome stores its cookies in a .sqlite file. Locate it and keep a copy to overwrite the one in your next install. And if that fails, you'll have to enter them manually one-by-one, so don't forget to copy them from the account manager or whatever in Chrome.
>>
>>55438123

I don't know, how do I check?

Also, when I first installed the SSD, it wouldn't show up at all in Windows, but it did in the bios. To verify that it was working, I went away and installed windows on it from a thumbdrive and it worked, everything boot up and stuff.

Problem is, when booting up Windows from either of the drives, none of them would recognize the other.
>>
Are all plug-ins for all browsers essentially the same set of codes with slight variances between most browsers? Where as maybe one or two are actually compatible with others that have not released said plug-in in their stores?
>>
>>55438141
In disk management right click on disk> properties > volumes
If one's gpt and the other mbr that could be the issue.
>>
>>55438262

Okay I swapped around the SATA port and now for some reason it works, both drive can detect each other now..

Weird. Assuming I wipe the SSD clean, how do I migrate my OS over there? My SSD didn't came with any migration software
>>
how can i find a safe link for Win7 DazLoader ? (activation)
all the sites seem pretty shady
>>
Does anybody have a guide or website that teaches how to maximize productivity in eclipse?

Useful shortcuts and features, templates, that kinda stuff
>>
if I download and install android update using PIC related, do I loose all my files?

its a 1+1
>>
Will my files in Local Disk C be deleted if I decide to upgrade my Windows 10 Enterprise Evaluation to a Full version?

Is there a way to just remove the license countdown without paying for anything or upgrading my OS?
>>
>>55438409
mydigitallife has all the activators you'll need
>>
>>55438481
THE UPGRADING PROCESS IS A MESS
THEY ALREADY GOT SUED OVER IT
Better do a clean install of Gentoo and forget about all that "Microsoft" jazz
>>
Is there a SATA/Power supply cable inside a laptop? I need one right now and computer stores are too far away from where I live.
>>
I have an i7 960 CPU.

How shit is it and how badly will it bottleneck me if I have a modern GPU?
>>
Alright so if I install Windows on my new SSD, how do I make all my old programs on my previous HDD run the way it was before?

Because installing Windows on my SSD and booting up from it would mean that my SSD becomes the C drive, and my HDD becomes something else. How do I make my OS drive something else besides C?
>>
>>55438554
clone HDD to SSD
>>
>>55438545
its ok
i dont think it will bottleneck much
check performance in videocardbenchmark.com
>>
Where do I go to learn about networking? Specifically ISP-teir networking?
>>
I want to do a windows 7 clean install but my PC manufacturer did a pre install so I don't have the CD and can't download shit from microsoft.

I'm honestly thinking about downloading a cracked version, of windows 10 pro while I'm at it.
What are the cons?
>>
>>55438574
fuck that
torrent official iso off corenoc digital river since microsoft are dicks and removed it off their site
grab windows loader off mydigitallife
>>
>>55438530
Anyone?
>>
>>55438586
what's windows loader?
>>
>>55438595
>You will immediately cease and not continue to
>access the site if you are under the age of 18.
Rule 2
>>
>>55438595
Daz Loader, disables windows activation process and makes windows think you payed
you can get the link from the reddit thread, i think thats the safest one
>>
File: SS_2016-07-06_18.png (48 KB, 576x336) Image search: [Google]
SS_2016-07-06_18.png
48 KB, 576x336
>>55438595
>>
>>55438357
Macrium reflect, clone disk. Then change your bios boot order to SSD first. Unplug the HDD and make sure windows boots ok, then you can format the HDD. Finally, go to system properties, windows experience index, Re-run assessment to let windows know it's on an ssd now so it can change it's settings
>>
>>55438617
So I use the iso file to install windows
Then at what point do I use the windows loader?
Won't windows ask me for an activation code before I can run any software?
>>
Can it be right that there is no way to adjust the camera settings of an iPad?
Got one from Work and since I'm an autist that don't want Pictures to take up more than 500KB I wanted to lower the settings but can't seem to find any.
>>
>>55438639
You can skip that, windows will show as non-genuine, that's when you use the loader.
>>
>>55438594
There ain't one, it's all slim connectors directly in mobo or tapes. Get your ass to a store.
>>
>>55438554
I think you might be confused. If you are putting windows on an ssd, there are 2 ways you can do it. #1 you clone, or copy the exact current contents of your hdd to your ssd. From the programs perspective nothing has changed. #2 you reinstall windows and programs from scratch on your ssd, and choose witch programs to install to your HDD and witch ones to install SSD
>>
>>55438649
ok thanks
>>
>>55438662

So I got to reinstall all my programs? Because what happened is, I installed Windows 10 on my SSD, boot up with it, and when I tried to open Steam, it couldn't open, gave me some error that it wasn't installed correctly. Steam was located in some other drive, not C at that point.

Do I have to reinstall everything on the HDD again?
>>
What are the advantages of server hardware?
If I want to build a simple machine for media storage and possibly steam streaming, can I just go with regular desktop stuff?
>>
>>55438545
That's the first generation of i7 so it's pretty weak, but if you aren't doing VR that helps. Also Nvidia is usually easier on CPUs because of their architecture
>>
>>55438691
>Nvidia is usually easier on CPUs because of their architecture
What about Nvidia's architecture makes it easier on CPUs?
>>
>>55438639
>>55438676

You don't need loader. You can use the key on the side of your pc to reactivate windows once it's installed, so you will have your legit license
>>
>>55438718
Not if the OS he installs isn't the same version.
>>
>>55438677
You want to make sure you are actually using the SSD. Windows gets confused when it exists on more than one drive. Unplug the HDD, and see if the system runs ok
>>
>>55438718
>>55438727
ok thanks guys
I'll download the iso for my current version, use my legit code, then in the future I might upgrade and use windows loader
>>
>>55437872

JSON is used to structure data to make it easy for other systems to parse. An init file is specific to a system so the parser can be custom the system.
>>
>>55438718
btw do I have to get the same language?
The current one is in spanish, I want the one in english because tutorials get confusing when you have to translate back and forth
>>
>>55438770

I'm using the SSD, I set to boot using the SSD. Anyway, now the SSD is blank and reformatted, how do I go about making it as a OS drive, while making sure all of my programs back in my HDD works the same as before?
>>
>>55438717
It has to do with the way Nvidia preps their environments. More of it is done onboard without asking the CPU for help. But for DX12 games AMD will be able to work around this a lot more.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-why-directx-12-is-a-gamechanger
>>
>>55438804
If you want to upgrade you should do it now, no cracks. As soon as you have windows 7 activated, upgrade to 10, then go back to 7 if you want. That way you'll have a 10 license.
>>
>>55438858
Install Macrium reflect, clone the HDD to SSD. Unplug the HDD and make sure windows boots ok, then you can format the HDD. Finally, go to system properties, windows experience index, Re-run assessment to let windows know it's on an ssd now so it can change it's settings
>>
>>55438972

Unfortunately I can't fully clone the HDD, because my SSD isn't large enough, only 480 GB while my HDD has eaten up 500+ GB of space.

Can I clone like half of the HDD only?
>>
>>55438686
>Real RAID controller
>Build quality / PSU redundancy
>iDRAC
>Pizza

Steaming music try AWS, free for half a year, no?
if ur desktop is 7/16gb/ssd and higher, u could slap a hypervisor on it
>>
My fucking Fly link router resets the wifi connection every fucking day at random times, and of course, my party wipes because the healer disconnects. How the fuck do I fix this shit?
>>
Is it possible to get a download link for a file inside a remote mega folder i.e. one that isn't mine?
I can't download through the website anymore for some reason and started to use megatools which is more convenient anyway.
>>
>>55438430
Depends.
For some updates you can do a dirty flash and only wipe dalvik cache and cache and then reboot your phone normally. For major updates you'll need to do a clean wipe which would mean flashing the update and then wiping everything.
I'd recommend checking the xda page for your phone and rom.
>>
>>55439007
>Can I clone like half of the HDD only?
Not with a free program. You can copy your extra files to an external drive and then clone to your ssd. If you have more free space than full on your HDD you can try shrinking it's partition to the minimum, making a second partition and copying the files over to that, then cloning the main partition.

Otherwise you're just going to have to reinstall everything on the ssd.
>>
>>55439239
Man that is going to suck, I would basically have to reinstall every programme in the HDD if I were to use my SSD as the OS drive?
>>
>>55439103
>2016
>MMO
>Gaming
>Gaming over WIRELESS
plug a fucking Ethernet cable

>backup configurations
>hard reset router
>try again, if still, throw into garbage
>>
>>55439266
If you can't clone it, yeah. Most people are able to remove enough files to get their system drive under half a terabyte. If you really have that much stuff you care about you should get an external drive immediately and start backing things up. Anyway you can backup steam before you go any farther and restore your games from the backup when you're done. That should save a lot of time downloading.
>>
Do routers block outgoing spoofed packets by default? I can't seem to fire off spoofed packets.
>>
>>55439328

Man this is going to suck. There's so much time involved, I think I might just give up using the SSD as an OS drive.

But how do I remove windows from my HDD?
>>
>>55439386
It really doesn't take that long if you're doing it right. Also pretty much everyone should own an external drive, unless you're hella dedicated to using the cloud. They only cost like $50.

If you're not planning on copying the contents of your HDD to another drive and back again, then I would just delete the folders you don't need anymore, Like boot, program files, windows, and the parts of users that don't have your files in them. Your my documents, desktop etc actually wont move, you're just going to tell your new copy of windows where to find them
>>
Why is the 1070 base clock lower than the 1080?
>>
>>55439365
do you re-calculate the checksum ?
>>
>>55439712
No idea, I'm using hping3 to send spoofed packets with --rand-source. They take effect when I send to a local server, but not when I send to an external one.
>>
i want to enable hotkeys in mpc-hc when using Word (so that i can control mpc-hc with hotkeys whilst Word is the active window)

any ideas
>>
Dumb question probably, I know.

If I try and root the new Moto G in the same way as it's suggested to root an old one on google will I fuck my phone? Can't see anything for the G4 there specifically yet.
>>
Should there be any problems when cloning SSD to a HDD instead of the usual HDD > SSD?

I might be taking a SSD from a desktop for my new laptop and clone the SSD to HDD in that desktop, is there any issues with that?
>>
>>55439735
It could be your provider.
Put your local server behind your router to check if it's your router or ISP.
>>
>>55439901
No it should be fine. Be sure and go to system properties, windows experience index, Re-run assessment to let windows know the disk type has changed. Then to double check, go to derangementer and make sure windows has scheduled C drive
>>
>>55439921
My local server is behind my router. So it must be my ISP then I guess. I thought no ISPs did packet filtering to check for spoofed packets, as that could be expensive operations.
>>
>>55439980
Well, it generally helps against certain DoS attacks so probably a lot of them are eager to have it filtered.
>>
File: 1433453357003.jpg (29 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1433453357003.jpg
29 KB, 640x480
>>55439967
Thanks
>>
whats more detrimental to a GPU's longevity - idling at 60 degrees with the fans off, or idling at ~38 degrees with the fans at 30-50%
>>
I'm on xubuntu trying to check a sgdq vod from twitch.tv
but I can't drag the player slider, I'm using chromium and firefox does anyone here have the same problem?
>>
>>55440020
To the GPU? Idling at 60.
To the fans? Idling at 30-50%

Though as long as the fans are somewhat decent quality they will always outlast the usefulness of a GPU, so just keep it cool. Fans really don't fail.
>>
File: 1456858150112.gif (897 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
1456858150112.gif
897 KB, 800x430
I have a file full of objects. These objects have properties. One such property that these objects have is connections. Each connection property has its own set of properties about the connection such as size, type, etc etc. My need is taking all of these objects and put them into a file that can be read by another piece of software.

At the moment, it is a relatively crude CSV file that is responsible for transferring this information. This worked because, going back to my connector property, we would be limited to 4 connectors for each object, however; this has changed. Objects now can have a variable amount of connectors, again with their own sets of properties.

I realize in a CSV I *could* make this work, but it would be fucking ugly and messy.

My question then, what would be the best container method that would allow me to dump the information for these objects? It seems like XML or JSON would be a good option. XML getting a slight edge because I'm working in .NET and there are native tools for dealing with XML.

Any input?
>>
>>55439463

I have a external HDD but it's only left with 200+ gb, should be enough. I will see what I can do I guess.
>>
>>55438135
i remember some anon made a thread baout it long ago, he imported a bigass cable drum from china but hte hardest part was digging the cable trench and getting permission for that

there have been several news stories about local DIY ISPs, just find one from a similar legistation area and ask for advice, since you are too far away to compete, and they have the same mindset of "fuck the monopoly" im sure they will be glad to help
>>
Question for my liquid cooling lads. My radiator had to be screwed in on the top part of the case, with a fan positioned on top of the outside of the case (right above the radiator). Should the fan on top of my case be blowing air in to the radiator or sucking air out? I've read that you want to blow air in to the radiator, but I've also read thay fans on the ceiling of your case should always be sucking air out of the case since heat rises. Am I better off blowing air in to the radiator, or should I be sucking hot air from the case through the radiator and out of the top of the case? My temps are usually pretty good, idle around 19-24C and rises up to around 40-50 while under stress. Please help an idiot.
>>
>>55440104
If you need to hunt down the files that are taking up space, windirstat is a pretty helpful program
>>
>>55440127
Thanks for your input senpai. I'll check.
>>
What kind of DVI cable do i need to fit this hole?
>>
My power supply just gave up on me and I need to buy one, problem is I only have like 10$ from my parents and I'm on my uni and I need my PC to code all day, word/powerpoint, watch anime, play dota in spare time and I don't have a money for a laptop either.

Should I buy generic PSU? or just wait for a miracle so I can afford a Corsair VS450?
>>
>>55440191
How much power do you need and what's your overall budget?
>>
>>55440191
Tell people you will fix their computer for money, if you can.
>>
>>55440199
10 usd, I hate being a poorfag in a third-world country.
>>
File: wat do.png (106 KB, 621x409) Image search: [Google]
wat do.png
106 KB, 621x409
how do I get the look in the blue circle?
>>
>>55440167
Well that's a DVD-D connection, but pretty much any dvi cable should work
>>
>>55440199
I only have a 9500 GT so >250W

>>55440206
The only thing that stops me from doing that is me being socially awkward
>>
File: ss (2016-07-06 at 03.48.48).jpg (37 KB, 502x344) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-06 at 03.48.48).jpg
37 KB, 502x344
>>55440230
Even pic related with those 4 little pins? If so, then im all set for new computer.
>>
>>55440228
I don't know about the windows version but the firefox theme is ft deepdark.
Type something like this into google:
windows (your version) black theme
>>
>>55440255
ft deepdark theme and windows10 dark where both on durin the pic.
>>
>>55440144

It's mostly the vidya and other programme like DAWs, now sure how I'm going to approach that.
>>
>>55440245
Yeah those just mean that your cable can work on both types. Good luck with your build
>>
>>55440270
https://google.de/search?q=make+windows+10+black+%2Btheme
>>
>>55440297
Cheers mate
>>
File: IMG_20160706_145554.jpg (601 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160706_145554.jpg
601 KB, 2592x1944
will these cables work in lui of actual component cables?
>>
>>55440282
Use steam backup for your library, delete original games. Any non-steam games you have disks for copy the gamesave files then delete game. Do a disk cleanup on your C drive and click cleanup system files, and maybe download ccleaner. Windirstat helps you find any chucks of large files on your computer you might not have been aware of, without having to specifically dig through each individual folder.
>>
>>55440311
Yeah, if you can keep from mixing them up you're fine
>>
>>55440301
That was active while I made the image
>>
>>55437745
Best GPU between 250-300 USD?
>>
I'm thinking of going full Ubiquiti and getting a router+switch+AP combo
Should I connect the AP to the router or the switch?
>>
Any sane alternative to JDownloader on Windows?
>>
>>55439850
dumb, wouldnt risk it
>>
>>55440433
Why would you connect the AP to the switch? It probably wouldn't introduce much additional latency but their no point in nesting equipment unnecessarily
>>
Best Free VPN to use?
>>
>>55440406
Apparently not.
>>
>>55440482
I just de- and re- activated it to make sure.
I can tell its on because the settings menue changes to dark propperly.
>>
How does banning on 4chan work if you have dynamic IP. Does it ban mac adress or something else?
>>
I don't have the money to run a website so where do I get hosting?
I'm not sure if free hosting will be enough, I want to host 16GB of moot pictures and videos + a wiki to catalog it all and gather everything we possibly could.
Where to host this? Any suggestions on the software also?
>>
Where can I get a free windows 10 iso file?
>>
>>55440868
reddit
>>
>>55440823
If you have dynamic IP, your IP still won't change pretty much ever until your router is off for 30mins to an hour
>>
>>55440921
My IP changes when i restart router. However, the ban was there until its expiration (24 hours)
>>
I just got a call on my cell phone, the number came up as "Restricted".
I answered, nobody there, any ideas? USA by the way.
>>
>>55440946
Did you clear your browser data/cache/cookies?
>>
>>55440906
I don't even know if that was a joke
>>
>>55440989
Windows 10 is garbage
If you really want it, get it from microsoft website there's a downloaded tool that allows you to choose what ISO you want to download
>>
>>55440971
Nope
>>
>>55441002
There, 4chan checked it's own cookie
>>
I have a shitty old PC with 3GBs for SATA 2 with a 80GB HDD running at 5400rpm, any difference in performance if I buy a cheap ssd?
>>
>>55441061
yes
>>
>>55441101
I mean like any huge difference? Maybe like 50% or something?
>>
File: 1464908641371.gif (2 MB, 260x462) Image search: [Google]
1464908641371.gif
2 MB, 260x462
I want 4chan to queue a sound every time i get a (you), how can i achieve this?
>>
>>55441133
A noticeable difference for sure, assuming you install the operating system to it
>>
File: 1463534374159.jpg (110 KB, 960x946) Image search: [Google]
1463534374159.jpg
110 KB, 960x946
How fucked up can my shit get if I do a straight upgrade to Windows 10 instead of a clean install?
>>
>>55441161
Get off /g/ if you're the type of faggot to consider getting Wangblows10
>>
>>55441183
I just want to try it out. I'm planning to revert to Windows 7 and keep the free upgrade for later if I need it.
>>
>>55438135

If you want to do it on the sly, you train a shark to take your own private cable and bite it into one of the cables laying at the bottom of the Atlantic ocean. This is called a wireshark. Lots of people already do this and it's really hard to detect and the only cost is the price of a long cable and the amount to train the shark.
>>
>GPU was idling at 45
>jumped to 50 over a few days
>give it a good clean, fresh paste, new pads
>idles at 55
why. I did everything right.
>>
I have a Dell Dimension 3000 that I wanted to reinstall Windows XP on (just for fun). I opened it up, took the hard drive out and formatted it.

The problem is that whenever I try to boot from CD to reinstall it, it was "An operating system was not found".

How can I fix this?

>pic related, it's the disc I'm trying to use.
>>
There is a small insect apparently stuck beneath the glass (plastic) of my monitor. Has anyone had this happen to them? What the hell do I do, bumping the monitor doesn't seem to scare it away, and I ain't gonna wait until it decomposes.
>>
Do spammers actually need botnets?
What is stopping them from spoofing everything?
I made a pretty basic program that can do that, is there some detection of spoofed emails?
>>
how the fuck do i disable these? It keeps popping up every few days
>>
>>55441713
go into the bios and set the primary boot device to the CD drive

to get into the bios, you usually have to press F8 during the post screen, but this may not be the case for that specific pc
>>
>>55441801
>yahoo search
I dont think i should even consider installing win10 anymore
>>
>>55441810
There's an option to check/uncheck them, and there's an option to move them up in down (in order of priority).

Should I uncheck all of them except CD Drive, or just move CD drive to the top?
>>
>>55441859
Move the CD drive to the top
if that doesn't work, uncheck everything else
>>
What is the maximum post length on g? Are there any limits besides characters?
>>
>>55441931
>aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
this
>>
Just built my first computer, installed graphics card drivers but I can't play, for some reason. Game doesn't open after I start it in Steam though, it shows that I'm ingame but the game isn't open. (The game is open in the task manager though)

What did I miss? Never built a computer before so I don't know what to install from scratch.

My components are:
i5-6600k
Asus GTX 1070 Strix
Z170 Pro Gaming
>>
>>55442033
did you plug the monitor into the GPU or into the motherboard
>>
>>55442033
Is the game installed on c drive or d? Did you install drivers from disk, and is Geforce experience showing everything up to date?
>>
>>55442056
I think in my mobo, where else could I plug it in? I mean, I'm posting from the computer right now, everything is working. I just can't play.

>>55442071
Game and drivers are all installed on C. I installed drivers from the website because the CD was kinda buggy and didn't install the GeForce Experience entirely.
>is Geforce experience showing everything up to date?
This is a weird thing. After I installed it, I installed the driver. After I installed it, I rebooted it and opened it again, yet it shows me that I should update again, even though I just did it and there shouldn't be a new one. So I installed it again, rebooted and it still shows me that there is a new update lol. So I just ignored it and thought it was a bug. Maybe it didn't install?
>>
If I already have had Windows 10 on a computer with a Microsoft account and everything but I installed a different OS can I reinstall Windows 10 for free again?
>>
>>55442120
lol
plug it into the gpu you fucking dummy
>>
>>55442176
Sorry for being dense, but I'm new to this. I just plugged the cords into the back of my computer, which is the mobo, I assume. How do I plug it in the GPU?
>>
File: 1459990754140.jpg (71 KB, 604x483) Image search: [Google]
1459990754140.jpg
71 KB, 604x483
Want to start a Java course from Duke University on Coursera so I can get certified without spending an arm and leg for similiar through college.
Good idea or bad idea
>>
I have a Win7 ultimate PC that has been giving me grief for a while. It randomly locks up in one of two ways:

1) loading circle cursor for 3-4 seconds (can move it) and then the cursor freezes, clock doesn't update, can't ctrl-alt-delete. Forced to hard shut down with power switch. Hasn't done this since I dusted it 2 weeks ago.

2) I have 2 sets of mice/keyboards connected so I can have a standing / sitting desk. One of the sets stops working (no loading circle just complete lack of input on kb/mouse). Clock continues to update as well as other programs but no input, the second KB/mouse works but if I ctrl-alt-delete it sits at a black screen and never gives me a task manager. Forced to hard shut down.

No events in event viewer, ran a sfc /scannow and it has detected a few corrupt files but cannot repair them. I use a USB windows install and not sure how to point the SFC to use that as the clean files?

sfcdetails.txt log:
http://pastebin.com/VADLp4Bi

I am completely lost. Next thing I am going to try is to use sfc and somehow point it to use the usb key Win7 installer as the clean back up. Would I do this by doing the following?

sfc /offbootdir=h:/

h:/ being the USB key?

There is no windows folder on the USB key only:
setup.exe
bootmgr.efi
bootmgr
autorun.inf
upgrade
support
sources
efi
daz
boot
>>
>>55442250
same way you do as the mobo
1070 should have some ports to plug in. probably some HDMI and some Display ports

just look for them
>>
First time PC builder here, about to start ordering parts so I'm looking for last minute suggestions:

Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler
Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H-A Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
DIYPC Shadow-H01-W ATX Mid Tower Case
Rosewill 500W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power Supply

For my video card, I'm waiting to see if AMD can unfuck the 480, but if not I'm open to suggestions in the $200-$250 range.
All my external parts I'mrecycling from older computers for now, so their price is negligible.
>>
Whats the best anti virus for Windows? I installed a illegal copy of Windows 10 and added the exceptions on Windows Defender to avoid it from deleted the files that allow the activation. I only use Windows for gaming and streaming.
>>
>>55442300
Ah, now I get what you mean. I just checked, I have my DVI cord plugged into my GPU and my VGA cord into the mobo. Could this be the problem? Should I remove the VGA cord entirely?
>>
>>55442374
probably not the problem, seems unrelated but still fix your shit
Have you tried anything else other than steam? Origin etc
maybe you need to reinstall/delete some drivers
checked google?
>>
>>55442336
Common Sense Home Premium 2016

But seriously, 9/10 antiviruses are malware/adware in their own right.
>>
How to adapt VGA output to component video input or HDMI?
>>
>>55442466
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=vga+female+to+hdmi+male
>>
>>55442516
Pardon me, vga male to hdmi female
>>
>>55442436
So what would you recommend besides common sense?
>>
>>55442604
windows defender is enough
and every now and then a malwarebytes scan if you feel paranoid, no real time scan with it though.
>>
>>55442604
MBAM, CCleaner, TDSSKiller

Alternatively, install Ganoo slush linucks.
It really isn't a meme, it isn't hard to use. Just use Ubuntu or Linux Mint if you have to.
>>
>>55442604
NOD32
>>
What's that website that makes it easy to build a new rig?
It's got a really weird and unrelated name (the website).
I know one of you know what I'm talking about...
>>
>>55442693
Logical Increments
PC Parts Builder
Newegg
>>
>>55442693
pcpartpicker?
logicalincrements?
>>
>>55442713
>>55442708
>logicalincrements
das it mane
>>
File: epub.jpg (35 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
epub.jpg
35 KB, 480x480
What software on Windows can read .epub files?
>>
>>55442772
sumatra.
it should be your default pdf reader already anyway.
>>
>>55442772
SumatraPDF, Calibre

SumatraPDF is the best PDF/epub/other file reader I've ever used, because it does not contain bloat or a laggy UI. Very fast.

Calibre is bloaty, but it is a good book manager.

Use Sumatra if you want to just read it, use Calibre if you are managing a digital library or need to convert books to files readable by e-ink devices.
>>
how can I fire off HTTP requests I have written
>>
>>55442874
curl
>>
why are the 4chan boards separated into different brackets at the top?
>>
Is there any tool where I can select the code for a class and have it converted to a cpp and h file? It sucks to manually update both.
>>
How can I check my memory card really can take declared amount of data without corruption?
Would creating a large file with dd reading from /dev/urandom, copying it into said card and checking checksums be enough?
>>
>>55442900
thanks bud

+1 rep
>>
>>55442784
>it should be your default pdf reader already anyway.
Now it is.

>>55442805
Thank you for your input.
>>
File: ProcesingIsDumb.png (78 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ProcesingIsDumb.png
78 KB, 500x500
Dumb processing question... Even though the API says size(int, int) must be the first piece of code in the setup() method, when I put size() in setup(), I get an error.

However, when I put size() in settings, it works fine.
>>
Can I download windows 10 iso from microsoft and activate it with toolkit? Or do I need the Volume license version like office?
>>
>>55442942
Because segregation is the only way of having a working society
>>
>>55442942
They are categorized into related interests.
Look at
https://www.4chan.org/
>>
>>55437773
Windows setup will see 2 HDDs and you can safely format your C without it touching D. make sure you know which is which though. (Disk Management)

Now for my stupid question, i just bought a shitty turtle beach headset and it has a single jack, i only want the mic, but whatever port i put it into on my motherboard, the earpieces (speakers) are acting as the mic. Im on win7 and its a recon 50 headset. plz send help.
>>
Does anyone know how to get Iridium Browser on Ubuntu 16.04?

I follow the directions on their page but I get
E: Unable to locate package iridium-browser
>>
File: 1323975007393.jpg (31 KB, 877x380) Image search: [Google]
1323975007393.jpg
31 KB, 877x380
I 'unfucked' my windows 10 enterprise using this script:

https://github.com/dfkt/win10-unfuck/blob/master/4chan-g-scripts-UNTESTED/Debloat-Windows10.ps1

The thing is, I really need to install an update now (the one that upgrades the win version to 1511) in order to install video drivers. Is there any way to disable the script so I can update or how do I install this update?

I'd really prefer botnetting my windows again over having to backup everything and performing a clean install.
>>
>>55443389
I don't understand, if all of you on /g/ know that W10 is shit why use it?

Do you do graphical work, Autocad, shit like that?
>>
>>55443414
I do actually. I use Autocad quite a lot since I'm studying Architecture.
>>
File: enjoyLife.webm (2 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
enjoyLife.webm
2 MB, 640x640
I have mkv file with multi audio, on #0 its native and on #1 with lector.

Now my tv player plays #0 and there is no option to change it.

Is it possible to swam few bits in a movie fail so #1 would be visible for a player as #0

?
>>
Redmi Note 4 when?!
>>
>>55438074
only if you want to support the developers
>>
I have Windows 8.1 and want to delete everything on my computer. If I reformat, will it automatically give me Windows 10 without my permission?
>>
>>55438135
A small Albertan town called "Olds" started up a community driven fibre internet. You may want to look into it.
>>
>>55443477
If you format your disks your computer will be blank. If you reinstall windows 8 from a recovery or install disk, you will have windows 8
>>
>>55437745
OP please stop posting this unfunny guy.
I miss the nice webms. ;_;
>>
>>55443431
something like
ffmpeg -i file.mkv -map 0:0 -map 0:2 -map 0:1 -c copy file2.mkv

should work
>>
>>55439103
probably get a different router.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-06-13-44-21.png (225 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-06-13-44-21.png
225 KB, 1440x2560
Hey guys, recently I got a Microsd card for my phone and it acknowledges that I have a the card in the phone by saying pic related but it won't let me format it and it Isn't detected in the my files app under local storage. Also, my computer won't pick it up either
>>
>>55441687
Just took it apart to see if it was seated right
it's making good, flush contact
put it back together and now it's idling at 65

the fuck is going on
>>
do you know an open-source message board framework that works without javascript? doesn't need to support images like 4chan, just messages.
>>
/g/, I feel like a fucking moron right now. No matter what I do, I can't get DirectX 9.0c to install on Windows 10. It appears that the install completes just fine, but anything that requires it (really just talking about emulators here because that's what I'm trying to accomplish - Nestopia and PCSX2 are the main offenders atm) will still give me the same errors that it's not installed or not valid. I'm genuinely at a loss here, and no amount of googling helps. Everywhere I turn just directs me to the Microsoft download page of the June 2010 update for DirectX. If I see that dude on his shitty Windows tablet one more time I'm going to scream. Please help.
>>
yea hi, wtf is openstack?
>>
>>55443389
>>55443389

Pls help /g/
>>
>>55443782
windows 10 already has every directx9 version.

you could try https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35
which will install all versions of directx9.
>>
Do people create imageboards? like 4chan, 2chan, hotwheels chan?
Is there a base source?
>>
>>55443890
I'm at a loss then, but I'll try that and report back.
>>
File: 1442530484683.png (818 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1442530484683.png
818 KB, 1000x1500
If I already have a W10 installation, can I also do a W7 installation on another partition just like a GNU/Linux distro?
>>
Is there a way to get more info on why my desktop shuts down with no warning in Windows?
I don't BSOD, I removed my OC, my temps are fine, and Event Viewer doesn't have any useful information logged.
>>
>>55443890
>>55443943
It says that there's already a newer version installed. When I try to open PCSX2, it says I need to update some libraries and links me to the June 2010 update, which I've installed countless times. Nestopia does the same thing.
>>
File: 1459521093787.jpg (75 KB, 1367x862) Image search: [Google]
1459521093787.jpg
75 KB, 1367x862
Which of these two builds should I make?

>left
Wattage: 242
Price: $625 (base total $628 before discount and rebate)

>right
Wattage: 340
Price: $671 (base total $718 before discounts and rebate)
>>
>>55444121
What's your budget?
>>
>>55440167
DVI-D only
DVI > VGA cables/adapters won't work (they won't fit, nor wouldn't they function, as DVI-D lacks VGA pins)
>>
What's the shortcut to get to the configs on Firefox? I installed a minimalist style and now I can't get there to remove the leftover bookmark bar. I looked at the shortcut list and I didn't see something along the lines of menu/preferences.
>>
Did anyone else have any problems when building a PC for the first time?

I just realized just how dumb I really am.

Didn't use motherboard standoffs when putting mobo in first time, and screwed it on real tight.

Realized my mistake, took it off. 1 standoff missing. Try to do it without them, but Im missing the standoff fastening tool so I can't couldn't properly insert the standoffs and my mobo screw got stuck to a loose standoff screw and now I can't remove it.

GPU got stuck in the slot. Due to trying to put the GPU in and screwing it in while the standoffs weren't present, I think i broke something and it won't come out like before.

Fuck, I just feel like killing myself, I am so useless. Just gonna drop everything I bought off at a PC service and hope they can salvage this. I should quit this place, no idea what an idiot like me is even doing here.

Anyway, thanks for reading my blog.
>>
Should I just give up and fall into the actually using linux meme?
>>
>>55444239
about:preferences
>>
Are Dell laptops easy enough to take apart to clean the dust out?
It's summer and mine is getting hotter than usual and it hasn't had a proper clean for about 3 years (I got it cleaned out professionally last time because it was still pretty new)
>>
>>55444244
GPU is probably locked. Hit the button on the back of the slot.
Worst fucking invention ever.
>>
>>55444244
Did you not watch any tutorials prior?
>>55444263
Depends on what you need and want out of your computer. Windows and OS X are one size fits most and Linux can be tailor fit if you make the investment.
>>
I've only used Visual Basic but I want to expand on my programming, what language should I go to?

I'd like to try my hand at making apps.
>>
>>55444296
1. Open jewtube
2. type >[laptop model] dissasembly
3. profit
>>
>>55444289
thanks man, though the style removed the address bar too (which I may fix). I found out that alt t makes the File/Edit/etc menu pop out though!
>>
>>55444322
apps for what?
look at swift for apple, android java for android, c# for windows
>>
>>55444166
Well, they're both in my price range, though the second is a bit more expensive.

If I got the latter, would I have to worry about the GPU/CPU bottle-necking?
>>
>>55444309
If you mean the button on the right side of the slot (the one that is the same for the RAM slots) then it doesn't work. It's solid stuck in the down position.
>>55444317
I was watching them while I was making it.

Only PC I ever owned before was a prebuilt, and I had no idea that the mobo requires special fucking stilts. The instructions for my case (define r4) are vague at best, and I thought they were some screws for a different motherboard. Either way it doesn't matter, I''m not touching it and just gonna let it be done by someone who knows what he's doing.
>>
>>55444358
It's really not hard.
>>
>>55444339
Wow thanks. Cant believe this laptop actually got bought enough that more than one person made a video. (Vostro 3300)
>>
>>55444342
Since I use mainly Apple phones and tablets, I guess iOS.

I've got Xcode on my Mac but it looks like a cluster fuck compared to visual basic, is swift+xcode easy to learn or?
>>
>>55444392
are you confusing visual basic with a program?
>>
anyone been getting a lot more spam in their gmail than usual? I mean it is getting filtered, I just get more than I used to. Like 100 fucking spam a day compared to getting that many in a month.
>>
>>55444422
I used Visual Basic as in the program on Windows?
>>
>>55444430
I have never gotten a single spam mail on my gmail account. I get a few every month on my catchall address on my mail server though.
>>
>>55444459
the one from 1998?
what.
>>
File: 1467760108803.jpg (383 KB, 2592x1552) Image search: [Google]
1467760108803.jpg
383 KB, 2592x1552
ps2 or usb keybord? im bout to buy one, help me choose /g/
>>
>>55444488
No I've used 2005, 2006 and 2008.
>>
is netbeans with tmc the same thing as netbeans?
like, if I plan to program in the future after Im done with the basics, do I keep with tmc or get something else?
>>
>>55444522
if $CURRENT_YEAR ≥ 2000 then USB
>>
>>55444522
ps/2 for NKRO
>>
>>55444522
us fucking b jesus fucking christ
>>
Just built a new pc and get maybe 10mb/s max on speed test even through ethernet. But I get around 70mb/s on my macbook any help plz :)
>>
>>55443689
Fixed

Fucking hell what a ball ache.

One of the spring screws had collapsed and wasn't pressing the heatsink against the chip.
Luckily I had some spare from years ago.
>>
Are there any all-in-one pre-built PCs that aren't complete dogshit? If so, examples? Attempting to get one for my sister.
>>
I tried to install new RAM in my desktop. Wouldn't post. Put the old RAM back in. Wouldn't post. Took out the motherboard battery uninstalled/unplugged everything, waited ~20 minutes and put it back together. Wouldn't post. Did the same thing but left it overnight. Wouldn't post. Did the same thing waiting random increments before putting it back together. Eventually posted on the xth try.

What could have got it to start working again? I'm scared to try the new RAM again. Should I?
>>
>>55445213
>good
>cheap
>prebuilt
Pick two
>>
>>55441713
>XP Home
>2001
you really should consider downloading an xp professional sp2/sp3 iso instead
most remotely recent software will require at least sp2 to be installed
>>
File: tmp_5293-images(2)528363541.jpg (6 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5293-images(2)528363541.jpg
6 KB, 240x210
Can anyone recomend a 10"ish laptop? Want one that can do sosome light photoshoping and web browsing without being slow as fuck. Used is fine. Cheaper the better.

Pic related, my last one that died.
>>
>>55445186
install gentoo
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.