[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how come no one talks about this? windows 10 is riddled with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.png (7 KB, 560x374) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7 KB, 560x374
how come no one talks about this? windows 10 is riddled with redundant remnants of previous operating systems
>>
>>55435605
the startup manager in task manager is fucking garbage
i use msconfig to boot in safe mode.
>>
File: 1463452367609.jpg (133 KB, 800x1143) Image search: [Google]
1463452367609.jpg
133 KB, 800x1143
who honestly gives a fuck though
>>
>>55435605
>using windows
>>
Everyone is too busy arguing about privacy, and trying to figure out what to do when they're reliant on Microsoft's platform to use software they need to do work, play games, whatever.

I know I certainly don't even want to dual boot at this point. If Microsoft isn't a sinking ship, they're on a course headed for some bad waters. Or maybe they're just another point in a greater storm, I don't know.

Regardless, I don't even bother trying to make my software work with visual studio anymore. If code that ought to be portable isn't, then too bad. Their compiler was caught injecting calls to telemetry functions in binaries.
>>
>>55435630
yeah its rubbish but windows 10 is coined as a completely redesigned OS

>>55435635
i care. its useless bloat having like 3 things that do the same thing, but 2 of them tell you to use 1 to do it instead. even when you disable all the telemetry youre faced with a large amount of redundant crap
>>
Imagine this:
>Install new version of Windows
>Want to remove startup item
>"Oh, I remember! I just type msconfig into the start menu."
>See this
>"Guess they moved it."
>>
>>55435667
Imagine all the waste involved in telemetry. That's what gets me the most, compromised performance for their obnoxious shit. At least something like Google only passively builds a complex psychological profile on a given user, it doesn't outright blatantly waste.
>>
Because it's a 32-year-old operating system and tens of thousands of code monkeys have gotten their grubby little hands on it over the years. There are vestigial organs left behind.
>>
>Use Windows 7
>Need to go safe mode
>Just push button while booting and select it

>Use Windows 7
>Need to go safe mode
>Boot into Windows then tell msconfig you want to boot to Safe Mode and reboot

Why, exactly was this done?
>>
Just use your brain-power to learn GNU/Linux and then you won't have to deal with that stupid inoperable system. I decided that I was done with Windows recently (well maybe I'll install it in a VM) because it's literally hard to use now. I guess for most things it works fine, but so does Ubuntu damn it. Trying to actually use Windows for anything that I like to do is actually harder than using Windows. The ONLY thing good about Windows is the software that it can run, which for me means games.

Hell, even GIMP is kinda preferable to PS which I have to pirate, crack and legit relearn now because everything has changed. Yeah, systemd is shitty and IDK what it is/does, but that doesn't seem as bad as literally not being able to use the GUI to do simple shit. XP was nice and it worked, but MS should have dumped DOS and built a POSIX-compliant system on top of the windows kernel a long ass time ago. They'll be playing catch-up for years at this point trying to stop devs from jumping ship.
>>
>>55435605
Fucking Microsoft can't unify their control panels or config editors without the user resorting to making a god mode folder.
>>
>>55435767
>even GIMP is kinda preferable to PS
No. You'd think they would have managed a viable UI and featureset by now, but they haven't. Everything about GIMP is inefficient and as a whole the program just gets in your way.

Fine to use for simple things, obnoxious otherwise.
>>
>>55435725
I think you meant 10 in the last one.

But yes, they fucked here. Sure, you can get there from login screen and in OS in both by holding shift and clicking restart.

Can't get to either? Pray to god it does something that triggers a failed boot and it should get to choose it eventually. If not, just cut the power during boot and it should get you there.

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>55435894
I would probably agree, but I don't use PS like I used to. I have no need for it, but I respect if you do. GIMP works for the few things I need it for, like making my maymays.
>>
>>55435630

Not using W10 but from what I see in that pic msconfig is telling him to use task manager instead.
>>
>>55436082
>saying "maymay"
kill yourself
>>
because that is handy.
>>
>>55435767
Ubuntu is shit. I like Mint, there is shit that just doesn't work in Linux. A PC is only as good as the software it can run.

Gimp is bagged ass, and you trying to defend it just proves you are trolling.
>>
I just went back to Windows 7 Enterprise after using Windows 10 Enterprise for a few months.

My verdict: Windows 10 is garbage. Slows down easily, internet speed is slightly slower, random lag. So many bugs with various software/games.

Just utter shit.
>>
>>55436913
Where do you download updates for Windows 10 enterprise?
>>
>>55436922
Never did, only used newest iso from kickass. Fellows name is generation2, great guy
>>
>>55435605
Have a look at the Group Policy editor - all the folders have some nasty black background around them. There was no quality control in this OS and it clearly shows.
>>
Because only Apple has an artisinal approach to computing. Beautiful from the inside out. From the software to the hardware.

MS is like a bland IBM these days. Random packs of newly imported street shitters working on random parts of the OS. No consistency whatsoever.
>>
Only OS's I use are gnu/linux or bsd.
Never use windows, mostly because I can't really see a good reason to.
>Office work
Libreoffice
>Games
If you can't play it with Wine, use a virtual box. Otherwise, I just play mahjong and chess online, along with xontic and wolfenstein et.

This thread is pretty pointless.
Windows is garbage because it's developed by Microsoft, a company who hasn't taken a step forward in the past 10+ years and spies on people. No ethics either.
>>
>>55435605
>Hey, Rajeet, remember the msconfig startup window?
>Yes why?
>Just fucking moved it to task manager and make it so even a retarded toddler with down syndrome can use it, who gives a shit about the tech literates?
>Yes sir!
>>
>>55435656
>Their compiler was caught injecting calls to telemetry functions in binaries.
Source? That's some crazy shady shit.
>>
>>55436913
thiiiiiiiiiiis
>>
>>55437429
OSX is riddled with ancient bugs that they apparently will never bother to fix. Plus it has been getting more unstable over the years.

You're a victim.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.