[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Art programs to recommend?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 610x340_Intuos.jpg (19 KB, 610x340) Image search: [Google]
610x340_Intuos.jpg
19 KB, 610x340
So I've been using pic related for a while now and the software is starting to get kinda old imo. Would anyone know of other software options besides ArtRage Studio and Sketchbook Express?
>>
Krita or FireAlpaca
>>
>>55426993
I've been having fun with Black Ink.
Unfortunately lately they've been slacking a bit with updates, but as you can read on both their website and steam page they're working on a big feature and they didn't want to release it until it's fully ready.
http://forum.bleank.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1572
>>
gentoo
>>
>>55426993

photoshop, you idiot
>>
CLIP STUDIO PAINT, it's what the nips use to draw their cartoon images.
>>
>>55426993

Krita
>>
>>55427075
Black Ink is really experimental but you can create some awesome work with it, it just requires a lot of brush configuration.

>>55427056
FireAlpaca is best alternative to SAI if that's what you look for exactly.

Krita is the ultimate overall best across everything and a undisputable free upgrade to Photoshop. I'd recommend this above anything else for general use.

>>55427643
Only if you want anime.

And now some personal ones which weren't listed:
Artrage is good for painting, if that's what you seek - realistic painting but you also need a beefy computer to actually even run it properly. Also has a one time payment.
Autodesk Sketchbook is very good for technical stuff, awesome perspective tools, really awesome tools that overall act the best across what I used, although less powered than Krita. Monthly payment.
MyPaint is /great/ for sketches as it has a infinite canvas. I would not recommend it for anything serious but it's very lightweight and the infinite canvas is pretty awesome to vent draw.

If you have any friends that have tablets tell them to get, and get for yourself, Drawpile. It's a great free program where you can draw together, not anything serious but it can be good for pixel drawing if you are into that with your friends.

Overall, across experience over those and somee other which are just full crap - I'd definitely recommend a combination of Krita (serious drawing), Mypaint (sketches, venting) and Drawpile (for fun with friends, not mandatory). If you like painting a lot, Artrage is a must.

You'd think Autodesk Sketchbook would outmatch MyPaint over sketching but in reality Sketchbook tries to take itself further beyond, towards design and everything, as opposed to the random sketches you'd have on a notebook on a work break or anything similar.
>>
File: 1427681355012.png (278 KB, 368x404) Image search: [Google]
1427681355012.png
278 KB, 368x404
is medibang good? a lot of friends are recommending me the app
>>
>>55429391
It's pretty good, but there are other programs out there that offer more than what medibang offers.
>>
Just go for photoshop. Every professional uses it and there is so much support around it.

Unless you want to do linework, the jap programs like clip studio paint are better.
>>
>>55426993
Clip Studio Paint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHyXN0eJ8wM
>>
>>55429009
>Only if you want anime.

Meme. See >>55430297.
>>
>>55426993
Here I use a combo of Krita (free)/Medibang (fire alpaca) which is also free and Manga Studio (20 bucks when in sale)

It's more than enough for serious work.

Throw in an obligatory pirate Photoshop for fun but if you know what you are doing with the three above you will rarely need it.
>>
I've been using Krita and it's pretty cool

Does anyone know any good animation/editing softwares? I just want to make trippy cartoon-y shit like that show Off the Air
>>
I'm a Krita faggot
It's good stuff, it has great features I haven't even scratched the surface of.
>>
>>55430410
tvpaint
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.