[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need advice for new android tablet with PLASTIC case material
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: nexus7new.jpg (69 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
nexus7new.jpg
69 KB, 600x500
I almost instantly get an allergic reaction whenever I touch my mother's IPAD...even with the protective case on.

I purchased a samsung galaxy TAB e and as soon as I held it in my hands, I got a rash.

I'd like to replace my nexus 7 with something larger. Around 9~10 inch. I never had any allergic problems with my nexus 7 and I was wondering if there were other android tablets out there not made with metal casings.

Thanks
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>Ipad and galaxy tab gives you reaction
>nexus 7 doesn't
maybe you are just allergic for shitty tablets?
>>
>>55426097
>nexus 7
>not a piece of shit
>>
You have a metal allergy, Apple uses cheap aluminum alloys with nickel in them, thats why you break out.
>>
Get a leather protective case so you're not touching the metal
>>
>>55426104
Fuck off, the nexus 7 was fantastic during it's time

>>55426054
OP, just get the galaxy Tab S. Just ordered the 8.4 version off Amazon for around $200, but you can get the 10 incher for $100 if that's what you're into.
>>
>>55426150
It wouldn't matter, the metal rubbing against something and then you touching that thing is enough to get a rash.

I am allergic to magnesium, certain deodorants make my skin fall off and I get blisters if I touch anything with any amount of magnesium in it.
>>
>>55426054
Maybe nickel allergy? I know a teacher who had one, looked pretty fucking horrible.

I'd say buy a surface.
>>
>>55426214
Kek, it's like you were born a bitch
>>
>>55426273
Almost nothing is a magnesium alloy so its not that bad.
>>
Just get the cheapest chink tablet you can find
There is no reason to spend big bucks on an android tablet
>>
>>55426054

Arent the Sony tablets made out of glass and plastic? I would try one of those.

Another idea would be to go to a local electronics retailer and see if the display models give you a rash.
>>
>>55426321
>just touch all of them and see which one doesn't kill you
>>
>>55426321

Sony tablets are overpriced desu
>>
>>55426341
Isnt that how Doctors test allergies? Put a small quantity on your skin and see how it reacts?

>>55426381
Yes but it is worth it if all other tablets burn your skin
>>
File: 1364144551373.jpg (17 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1364144551373.jpg
17 KB, 240x240
>>55426199
>the nexus 7 was fantastic during it's time
mine still is, nothing to complain about. It runs silky smooth and gets monthly updates.
>>
>>55426457
this desu. running latest marshmallow. only bad thing is lack of SD storage.
>>
>>55426054
unfortunately you are a genetic failure, an evolutionary step in the wrong direction if you will.

you better just grab a gun and end it now
>>
>>55426496
We are all genetic failures, thats why we are posting on here
>>
>>55426567
You could be scrounging firewood and tending goats all day, count yourself lucky.
>>
>>55426604
dunno this guy's life seems pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEUGOyjewD4
>>
>>55426648

>>>/Reddit/
>>
File: nexus 6 iphone 4s size.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
nexus 6 iphone 4s size.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>55426104
>nexus devices are pieces of shit

I definitely prefer my Nexus 6 to any iOS device I've ever used, as someone who actually writes programs occasionally and doesn't like living in a state-controlled economy (a la "App Store"). The size took getting used to, but it's great now.

Don't know why I even bother replying, /g/ is just Consumer Electronics turf wars & shilling nowadays.
>>
>>55426648
I watched that whole video, that was actually pretty neat. Climate here is way too cold for that shit though.
>>
>>55426214
Metal can't go through fucking leather, just keep it in the case and wear gloves during the rare occasions when you need to take it out of the case
>>
>>55427220
Leather rubs microscopic bits of metal off of the outer casing and the bits can cause a reaction.
>>
>>55427312
No because the device sits in a plastic cradle which is glued to the leather
>>
>>55427359
:3
>>
>>55426054
Just get an Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet and get a Case for it on Amazon. Won't cost ya more than $220 in total.
>>
>>55429126
not OP but fucking shit it's OOS until 3 weeks from now
>>
>>55426137
so stop eating foods that contain high amounts of nickel, problem solved

t. allergic rMBP owner
>>
>>55427145
They're good, but the build quality isn't the greatest if you plan on using it for a few years, even if you take fairly good care of the thing.

Also the whole different company making them every year doesn't help
>>
>>55426054
>I almost instantly get an allergic reaction whenever I touch my mother's IPAD...even with the protective case on.

first documented case of symptomatic homophobia
>>
>>55429426
My Nexus 6 is still intact after two years; no problems hardware-wise to report.

Moving companys is a problem, but at least they hopped from Motorola when lenovo bought it (I have zero respect for those guys right now).
>>
>>55426199
>touchwizz
>>
>>55426054
you just need to off yourself.
>>
lg g pad x 8.0

8" but it's pretty fucking based right now for a new tablet

android 6.0.1
usb port
micro sd slot expandable up to 128GB

if you buy it you'll get tutu money back on a $240 visa or whatever. pretty much a free tablet, grab it while you can

i can't wait 'till xda exploits and roots this thing. bootloader is unlockable and some it's already unlocked
>>
>>55429892
>"companys"
kill yourself
>>
>>55430989
companies.*
Happy?
Of course not. You never are. You should just end it all.
>>
>>55430672
So it's literally the shield but more expensive and more shit
>>
why not just put cyanogenmod on it
>>
Unlucky for you now devices are mostly metal because of muh premium feels. Samsung still makes decent non metal tablets though like the Galaxy s2. I heard LG G Pad X is pretty decent as well. Samsung and LG tablets have better battery life in general.
>>
File: prMCJm4[1].jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
prMCJm4[1].jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>>55434046
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.