[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
apple recording block techolonogy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 02-1.jpg (63 KB, 543x558) Image search: [Google]
02-1.jpg
63 KB, 543x558
http://pitchfork.com/news/66471-apple-patents-technology-that-could-prevent-you-from-filming-taking-photos-at-concerts/

http://pastebin.com/qL5eFUgL
>>
>>55418694
>apple

Not allowing you to use your own very overpriced phone to record certain things.
pmsl
>>
How long until the RIAA/MPAA/whatever lobbies for this to become mandatory on all phones? How long after that before police start abusing it?
>>
SHILLS BTFO

HOW DID WE LET THIS HAPPEN
>>
>>55418694
It's this thread again.

We've discussed this before, not to mention the patent is old as shit now. So all in all, old fucking news.

The moment this gets actually done, it won't stop at concerts or apple devices, you can bet your sweet ass it's going to be used in airports, police stations and who knows where else for any smartphone.

Can also be exploited and abused to oblivion.
>use a hat or some sort
>rig it with 4 IR leds to cover a 360 radius
>replicate the signal that blocks the camera
>go to public parties and no one can use the camera

Then there will be that one terrorist incident in which there will be survivors claiming that they could not take photographic proofs because of this whole ordeal.
>>
>what are patent trolls
>companies always make everything they patent
>>
NOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>55418694
>iPhone in diagram is 3GS at its newest
As much I hate Apple I don't think this is something to be concerned about. If anything this will just drive more people away from the fruit and towards Android and Windows phones. Any company that advertises good cameras but implements a feature like that would basically be cutting their own nuts off with a dull knife.
>>
File: snug smug.jpg (129 KB, 1275x715) Image search: [Google]
snug smug.jpg
129 KB, 1275x715
>>55418694
Oh no whatever will we do with our iPhones that we do have?
>>
>>55418694
Ok but seriously only morons pull out their phones in the middle of a fucking concert. I know of artists that will tell their crowd to put their phones away and enjoy the show. The fact that the technology could exist to disable recording is pretty daunting though.
>>
>>55423085
Idk man, these Applel cucks are very fucking loyal to their overpriced bricks. Anything other than an iPhone to them is old technology.
>>
>>55418694
>Applel faggots WILL defend this
Should have bought an android famicom, it doesn't have this problem.
>>
>>55424463
>implying its already in effect
>>
>>55418694
This patent is from like 2011. I bet it'll end up like the no headphone jack iphone meme.
>>
>>55418694
kek, that's very apple
>>
>>55418694
And rampant jailbreaking ensues afterwards ..
>>
who goes to a concert at 10:16 AM ?
>>
>>55419489
The day it's released. For both.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.