[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I get this game to run in Wine? My gf ordered a game she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
How do I get this game to run in Wine? My gf ordered a game she used to have as a kid and really wants to play this one but it black screens on windows 10 and open's in wine but gives a render failure
>>
>>55410118
How do I fix this??
>>
Try installing one of the directx9 DLLs in winetricks or playonlinux. Or in playonlinux maybe use an older version of wine until you find the right wine version. Or make a VM of windows xp or windows 2000 or 98 or whatever, enable 3D acceleration and try the game there.
>>
>elementaryOS
Dropped.
>>
>>55410374
She wanted something simple. It's the first time she's ever had a dual boot PC and she's never used Linux
>>
>>55410118
>>55410130
Post pics of GF and you'll get help
>>
>>55410118
It's simple: Install Gentoo.
>>
>>55410393
She's 17, no can do
>>
i thought one reason why windows became so fucking bloated and still has bugs from windows nt4.0 is that they can brag about still supporting all that legacy shit ? but i guess it's just an excuse for why they can't manage to write any useable new code ..

anyway,
>>55410118
just setup a windows whatever vm and pass it a gpu.
wine became pretty much obsolete with iommu
>>
>>55410118
OP listen to >>55410401
He's got the best long term solution to most your computing issues. Tech support out.
>>
>>55410118
Fuck you
>>
use qemu nigger
>>
>>55410517
Why the hostility?
>>
I think I'm just going to open a new partition and install a lightweight windows xp
>>
>>55410118
install Deer Hunter
>>
>>55410552
sad to see this, way to prove:
/g/ is useless
linux sucks
>>
>>55410552
just set up a fucking VM and assign it ~4gb ram, 2 cores and a gpu.. fuck dual booting, it's not 2004
>>
Run it in a VM with the version of Windows its made for.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.