[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm planning on upgrading to windows 10, is there a guide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Ass Flinch.gif (118 KB, 314x500) Image search: [Google]
Ass Flinch.gif
118 KB, 314x500
I'm planning on upgrading to windows 10, is there a guide to "fix" it. As in disable the bullshit that comes entail? Also, is classic shell suggested for 10 or is the start bar enough of an improvement over 8?
>>
>Upgrade
>To an OS that needs to be fixed out of the box
>>
>>55409954

so does 8.1 but it's definitely better than 7
>>
O&O Shutup10 takes care of pretty much everything.

The start menu is definitely an improvement, I didn't see the need to install anything to replace it.
>>
>>55409972
>>Doesn't notice the contradiction
>>
>>55410012

If I was implying it wasn't worth it, which I'm not. Go shitpost somewhere else

>>55409982
thanks m8 looks good.
>>
>>55409954
arch linux
>>
>>55409930
https://github.com/Nummer/Destroy-Windows-10-Spying
http://startisback.com/#download-tab
Thank me later
>>
>>55409930
https://www.safer-networking.org/spybot-anti-beacon/
>>
>>55409930
Why are you upgrading? Just to test your games on it? They will likely preform worse. Switched to 10 from 7 and my FPS was cut in half. Back on 10 now.
>>
You can't fix windows 10. What you can do, is alter some settings so that you aren't giving them THAT much information. However, majority of the control is still out of your hands regardless of windows version. All these windows 10 solutions like shutup10 are really just bandaids, they don't ACTUALLY fix the root problem, nor do they protect you, you're simply not leaking as much as your mom after getting railed 2bh

What you SHOULD do is stay on windows 7 (or go back to it instead of using windows 8 like an idiot), dual boot some linux distro of your choice, then download never10 from steve gibson the genius, and then enjoy the good fucking life bro.

Until those fucking indians stop fucking around, there's no need to "upgrade" to an OS that is still very much in beta with no options of actual control.
>>
>>55410810
you've convinced me desu
>>
>>55410788

u wot? windows 8/10 perform miles better in gaming because of the newer WDDM. I get like 30 more fps in BF4 on 8 compared to 7, sounds like a personal problem
>>
I'm on the long term release. No bullshit
>>
>>55410810
>he thinks the tracking is worse than 7
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.