[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>finally get Android 6.0 Marshmallow update after 1 year >app_permissions_fuck_yes.webm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 46.jpg (216 KB, 569x571) Image search: [Google]
46.jpg
216 KB, 569x571
>finally get Android 6.0 Marshmallow update after 1 year
>app_permissions_fuck_yes.webm
>apps doesn't launch even if i deny just 1 permission out of 5

Well fucking memed Google. Apps on iOS actually respects denied permissions and continues to work. On Android, they either insta quit without error message or they just force quit.

I'm sorry but why the fuck does Samsung's own Gallery app need access to my location, calendar and contacts to even work? It refuses to launch if i deny just one fucking permission...
>>
>>55408506
Hopefully they'll fix that with Android 7
>>
>tfw you don't even care about your freedoms anymore
>>
>Samsung
Found your problem
>>
Wait, how fucked is vanilla android? I've used CM for a few years and have yet to have problems with any apps working and I have all permissions denied by default. I don't have GApps though, but no issues other than having to occasionally allow something that is legitimately needed like contacts in phone.
>>
>>55408506
Probably because app devs are lazy and like spaghetti code
>>
Your only option is to switch to currymod. Even most of its derivatives on XDA have dropped privacy guard with the advent of MM
>>
>>55408506
>Samsung
Get a real Android phone like a Nexus. iPhones work so well because Apple makes the software to go along with the hardware. The same applies to Nexus, except with Google and Android. Samsung throws so many bloat and crap over the OS and as a result you get a shitty user experience.
>>
I thought there was supposed to be a fix for this that worked by giving applications dummy data. e.g., if an app asks to see your contacts list and you deny it, the OS tells it it has permission, and then just returns an empty contacts list when asked.

but idk though, I'm in this guy's situation: >>55408573
fuck gapps
>>
>>55408506
>samsung
Also, I have a shitty 50$ phone with android 5.1 and it has its own permission like manager since it's 95% stock android. Everything works fine when I deny permissions such as read my sms, location, contacts etc. Blame samsung for their shitty code.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.