[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong? They've been hyping it since 2012 and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 4k.png (291 KB, 4473x1354) Image search: [Google]
4k.png
291 KB, 4473x1354
What went wrong?

They've been hyping it since 2012 and there's still content for it 4 years later.
>>
meme resolution
>>
>>55402034
It's just not necessary for most people. The move to HD from SD was obvious even to a grandma. Anything above 1080p (hell, arguably even 720p) is well into the realm of diminishing returns in how many people are going to care, or even notice for that matter.
>>
it works well for computer monitors and people sitting around 2-3 ft away from the screen.

If you are sitting 8ft + away you will need to have a huge screen 80+ inches minimum to benefit from 4K. Most people just don't have the room for that huge of a TV.

The only thing all of this has done for me is making 1080P televisions cheaper.
>>
>thousands of dollars to render realtime stuff at 4k at 60hz
>no 4k content from media folks
HEVC was too slow to market, which in turn pushed back 4k BD's and streaming.
>>55402242
>friend's dad bought him a 65 inch kuro elite for college
>he sets it up 25 ft from where he sits
I seriously want to strangle these people. Also
>Friends dad has an idea of what he's doing
>throws super bowl party every year
>inevitably one of the guests goes "why are we sitting so close to the screen"
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.