[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unlocked android
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: nexus.png (189 KB, 649x485) Image search: [Google]
nexus.png
189 KB, 649x485
What phone does /g/ use?

Been using unlocked android for a while and out of the loop on whats around
>>
HTC 10
>>
LG V10, LG G5 with Hi-Fi module, Exynos Samsung devices (not the 'Murican Cuckdragon ones) or anything else with a proper DAC/AMP implementation.
>>
>>55395084
GS7 for that battery life, microSD, and water resistance
>>
>>55395084
Moto X Style
>>
HTC 10. Been using HTC since the Evo.

Right now the top picks are the One+ 3, S7, and the 10.
>>
File: Rin.png (331 KB, 1590x2160) Image search: [Google]
Rin.png
331 KB, 1590x2160
>>55395084
ZTE Warp Elite. I should have waited a little longer to get one, I paid $120 for mine and now it's on sale for $74. fugg
>>
I got a Z5 compact recently but I'm too attached to my 4S so I've been juggling them both.
>>
>>55395084
What the fuck is an "unlocked android"?
>>
>>55395234
>attached to disposable products
>>
BlackBerry Q10
>>
>>55395243
Probably means the sim-tray is unlocked. Prepaid phones like those from Boost or Virgin Mobile have the sim-tray locked to only work with those carriers. They're usually a bad idea since they cost more.
>>
>>55395243
A term invented to counter all the retards buying locked phones through their carriers.
>>
>>55395275
>>55395286
How is that ancient practice of locking phones in to a certain carrier a thing in the states?

Only one (!) single carrier in my country used to do that until 7 years ago, but they stopped.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-07-03-21-43-08.png (330 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-07-03-21-43-08.png
330 KB, 1080x1920
I'm using the stock rooted ROM but with Z5 features like Xperia Home for Z5 and such. Looking to transit to MarshMallow, but since Xperia Z no longer gets android updates... It's gonna take a while to switch kernels from a different model and make it compatible.
>>
Nexus 6
>>
>>55395338
>my country
As you haven't stated where you live, it's probably some Eastern-European shithole. Congratulations, you're officially poor.
>>
>>55395338
>How is that ancient practice of locking phones in to a certain carrier a thing in the states?
It subsidizes phone prices and phone plans for those on a budget. You can get unlimited high speed lte with boost mobile for $55 a month and a 2GB RAM phone for almost $70 for example.

>Only one (!) single carrier in my country used to do that until 7 years ago, but they stopped.
Good for you, enjoy paying up the ass for your phones.
>>
>>55395396
How'd you guess?
>>
>>55395396
Well, where I live, and it is in eastern europe, we have 5 mobile companies that sell locked phones. Glory to Romania the gipsy land
>>
>>55395234
There will never be another phone as SOLID feeling as the 4/S. Absolutely matched industrial design.
>>
Moto X Pure Edition/Style.
SD 808 is a laggy piece of shit.
>>
The only phones out now worth buying are the moto x pure or the nexus 6p.

After this year though the only devices you should consider are nexus phones, since motorola got bought by lenovo and has gone down the shitter.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-30-13-51-58.png (210 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-30-13-51-58.png
210 KB, 1440x2560
LG G4
Phenomenal device, see no need to upgrade any time soon.
>>
Moto G 1st gen. Great bargain and decent phone, but it has been acting up and I want to get something with better specs and screen estate, so I ordered a redmi note 3 pro from goybest. Still waiting for it, though.
>>
zenfone 2 laser
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.