[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Linux mint No, the word you're looking for is cinnabuntu.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 6k7HINv.jpg (154 KB, 705x1041) Image search: [Google]
6k7HINv.jpg
154 KB, 705x1041
>Linux mint
No, the word you're looking for is cinnabuntu.
>>
>>55388797
It's not official yet
>>
>>55388797
Why does mint even exist?
>>
>>55388797
Id operate the shit out of her system if you know what I'm saying
>>
>>55389036
because it just werks, unlike other shit distros

not everyone has the time and motivation to configure his computer 24/7
>>
>>55389036
Why do you even exist?
>>
>>55389070
Nigga that's Ubuntu.
>>
>>55389085
LOL you must be new
>>
>>55389036
It's a fixed version of Ubuntu.
>>
>>55389094
>>55389097
>fixed version of Ubuntu
>still have to manually mount your USB flash drive through command line

Lol, mint 17.3 was fucking shit, so glad I went back to Ubuntu
>>
>>55389051
What do you mean?
>>
>>55389097
>>55389094
>fixed version of a distro that has a reputation for "just werks"
Mintfags are absolutely delusional
>>
>>55389155
I mean, I would put a sharpie in her pooper
>>
>>55389141
>manually mount your USB flash drive through command line
You act like you didn't fuck up yourself
>>
>>55389189
>plug in usb
>error mounting
IT MUST BE USER ERROR
>>
>>55389266
Yeah it is, you fucked up your fstab or some shit. Your problem is just not true for the other thousands of users out there
>>
/g/ have best taste in women
>>
>>55388797
>install Ubuntu
>literally just works, no need to do extra work to get things running

>install mint
>doesn't recognize printer
>Wi-Fi disconnects every 10 minutes
>touchpad got fucked, moved faster horizontal than it did vertical

Mint doesn't even deserve to exist.
>>
>>55389097
>>55389094
>mintfags this delusional
>>
>>55389333
Why so many mint shills on /g/?
I tried 17.3 and it was fucking shit
>>
File: virtual_kek.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
virtual_kek.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>55389171
i switched to mint after xp was abandoned and no problems whatsoever yet. i have no knowledge of computers and have no idea how to use the commandline thingy, i just copy paste sudo whatever from my google searches if i want to install a program. if i want to play games steam does everything automatically so yeah. mint is probably the best distro for people who want apple convinience for cheap.
>>55389333
>>55390089
>>55390674
>>55389036
>>
I would just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Mint, is in fact, Ubuntu/Cinnamon, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Ubuntu plus Cinnamon. Mint is not a GNU/Linux distro unto itself, but rather adds another free component to a fully functioning GNU/Linux system made useful by the software normally shipped with a Ubuntu distro comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the Ubuntu distro every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Ubuntu which is widely used today is often called "Mint", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Ubuntu distro, developed by Canonical.

There really is a Mint, and these people are using it, but it just adds a part of the system they use. Mint comes with the Cinnamon desktop environment: the program in the system that helps the user work with the computer in an intuitive manner. The desktop environment is an essential part of a graphical operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Mint with Cinnamon was developed after a group of users was unhappy with the direction Ubuntu was heading with the introduction of Unity: the whole system is basically Ubuntu with Cinnamon added, or Ubuntu/Cinnamon.
>>
Is there any real difference between Cinnamon and Mate?
>>
>>55388797
Nobody wants shit Brown things with African names. This obviously includes africans
>>
>>55389036
Does it finally let you update in place properly? Or is a clean install still the safest way to update Mint.
>>
>>55389051
So you would eat her shit?
>>
>>55389085
There is an Ubuntu Mate but not an official Ubuntu Cinnamon.

Believe it or not there's a difference between Ubuntu Mate an Mint Mate. Mint Mate has its own little Mint touches, like the proprietary driver installer. Ubuntu Mate is a nice attempt, but I experienced stability problems with it and other issues.
>>
>>55391294
>i switched to mint after xp was abandoned and no problems whatsoever yet.
you are using ubuntu.
>>
>>55392231
Muh sides
>>
>>55394189
It's not rocket science.

cd /etc/apt/sources.list.d
sudo pluma *.list
CTRL+H find and replace rosa with sarah for each file
Save & quit
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.