[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone on /g/ know a good mame or other emulator based front
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: aWOKnm2_700b.jpg (60 KB, 567x744) Image search: [Google]
aWOKnm2_700b.jpg
60 KB, 567x744
anyone on /g/ know a good mame or other emulator based front end or linux based OS that's pretty fool proof and supports both mame and console emulation? i've been playing arcade games with my niece on my laptop for the past couple of months when i baby sit her. she's 9 and her parents are computer retarded. they both use their phones and an xbox one neither of them has to my knowledge ever even owned a pc. i've used a few and i put puppy arcade on flash drives all the time for friends after they see mine but i feel like a 9 year old would wind up somewhere in puppy arcade they don't know how to get out of or mess with files they shouldn't,
>>
oh i forgot to mention. i have an old broken laptop i was thinking of fixing loading some games on and giving to her.
>>
>>55383702
http://www.lakka.tv/
>>
>>55383716
this
>>
>>55383716
>http://www.lakka.tv/
that actually looks really promising. anyone know if i could password protect the options menu?
>>
>>55383763
Hmm... you could make the config files read-only and also set the settings flag that prevents the config files being written on exit.

If they mess anything up, you could have them reboot.
>>
File: brilliant.gif (321 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
brilliant.gif
321 KB, 1024x768
>>55383793
thats a good point. if its linux based im sure through some forum hopping and googling i could get it figured out. thanks /g/ this is going to be fun. i also kinda love this solution because i can ask them *have you tried turning it off and back on again* and mean it
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.