[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help booting up Windows 7. I just built my (first) PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: windows.jpg (40 KB, 647x450) Image search: [Google]
windows.jpg
40 KB, 647x450
I need help booting up Windows 7. I just built my (first) PC and started booting up windows from an USB-drive. I think I made the ISO-images etc. correctly, because the PC starts windows when I turn on the power. But after I input the language etc. it starts whining something about missing device drivers. I tried different USB ports and even tried to make the bootable USB drive again.
>>
>>55361277
Doubles get. And I just tried putting the sata cable from the SSD to "OS drive" port on the mobo, still the same thing.
>>
how about you supply him these missing drivers
>>
>>55361277
nobody does it like that, ever. use a linux distro live usb, boot off that, then you'll be able to get a windows iso off the internet (put in your product key) and dualboot, then just delete the partion for the linux distro through windows. bam.
>>
>>55361277
If your using any relatively new components its likely you're running UEFI not BIOS and that requires a special installation. Also, only use USB 2.0 ports for installing.
>>
>>55361341
Which are the USB 2.0 ports? I have ports that say USB 3.0, some of them say SS and this weird logo on them, and some of them has nothing. I used the "nothing"-ones.

And I think it said UEFI and BIOS install, when I made the USB drive. And emo is asus z170 and it has BIOS, atleast it says so on the screen.
>>55361314
I dont understand, seems way too complicated
>>
Bumping. I want to play
>>
File: 02322348.jpg (36 KB, 432x412) Image search: [Google]
02322348.jpg
36 KB, 432x412
Bumping bumping
>>
>>55361435
Skylake dosent really support windows 7. Also make a fucking uefi/gpt install.
>>
>>55361863
My prosesssor? its intel skylake, holy fuck.
What is uefi/gpt install
>>
FUCK!! I heard that Asus z170 and win 7 has some compatibility issues... FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Does Windows 7 even support UEFI booting? I'm sure it's only BIOS it supports. Make sure your motherboards supports legacy BIOS.
>>
>>55361863
yes it does

>>55362811
yes
>>
If it's Skylake chipset you have to get the specialized installer from your Mobo manufacturer. Skylake doesn't support EHCI handoff.
>>
>>55361277
Try burning it onto a dvd and installing it that way, it could work.
>>
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

this is literally pinned to the frontpage, you dumbass porch-monkey...

now gtfo to tom's hardware, where technically inept faggots like you belong
>>
If it asks for drivers after the "Install now" button you need SATA/RAID/AHCI Drivers. Go to ur manufacturers home page and download SATA/RAID/AHCI drivers, put them on a USB and point the Windows install to them.
>>
>>55362840
This is the reason. I used MSI Windows 7 Smart Tool. It doesn't matter if your motherboard is from a different manufacturer.

https://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/TechFAQdetail.aspx?formid=3350
>>
>>55362110
I had this problem after upgrading to an i5 6600k and z170 mobo, USB devices wouldn't work, only my ps/2 keyboard would work. Couldn't install mobo drivers without mouse. Just reinstalled windows and everything worked fine.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.