[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's still $1000 lol
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Sony-Digital-Paper.jpg (82 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
Sony-Digital-Paper.jpg
82 KB, 1500x1000
>it's still $1000

lol
>>
>>55355401
It's $700 now.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1179696-REG/sony_dpts1_digital_paper_system.html
>>
>>55355408

still $500 too expensive
>>
File: sadfrog2.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog2.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
>mfw those things did not become mainstream, and I still have to print out all papers I need to WORK with, since tablets are shit and too small and this fucking thing is too expensive and will probably become an abandoned paperwheigt in a few years time thanks to closed OS
>>
>>55355693
> tablets too small
> won't get a 9.7" or 12.9" iPad Pro with Pencil to do document work
> dead trees

keep killing them trees anon
>>
>>55355764
>> won't get a 9.7"
What part of too small didn't you get?
and
>12.9" iPad Pro with Pencil to do document work
is indeed an interesting option, but its even fucking more expensive than the sony thing and there are no apps that emulate the workflow you have on paper.

besides:
>keep killing them trees anon
unless the thing virtually works forever, I probably can not cut down the amount of trees that are the same as the environmental impact of a throwaway electronic device. I would want this, to keep track of my papers and notes. I have a shitload of stuff and ideas scribbled on various papers, but no way to tag and search them, besides the "good" old
>hm, I think I read about this in Dickbutt & Asswipe 2012, and I have marked the relevant parts. Fuck, in which stack is that paper? one of the stacks on my desk? Or was it in some drawer? Or maybe still at home?
>>
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/kobo-aura-one-news/

>Kobo lives! 7.8-inch ebook reader from forgotten company spotted in FCC listing

Ouch.

The Verge headline:

>Kobo still exists and is releasing another e-reader

Is Kobo that dead, buried, and forgotten in the US?

Anyway, they're coming out with a 7.8 incher apparently.
>>
>>55356611
Kobo, the hero we need!

>Is Kobo that dead, buried, and forgotten in the US?
They pretty much withdrew from the US sometime after Borders went under. For a while they still had a distribution deal with Target, but that soon broke off too. Don't remember if it was Target, or if they ended it themselves.
>>
>>55356611
Ill give ur mum a 7.8 incher
>>
>>55358665
Seems like most of /g/ has a Kobo. Ordering from abroad?
>>
>>55358844
I think Kobo's site sells them. Or Ebay.
>>
>>55358844
http://gl.kobobooks.com/pages/retailers

"Independent Booksellers"
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.