[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LinusTechTips Haters BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: fuggg.png (180 KB, 340x286) Image search: [Google]
fuggg.png
180 KB, 340x286
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t73wXF8IF-8
>>
To play devil's advocate he could just have made that all up. Do I think he did? No. But really his channel is not directed towards the average /g/ user so why are you even posting this here?
>>
>>55353215
I posted this here because anytime there's a thread where Linus is mentioned, it's nothing but kids assuming all of his videos and reviews are paid sponsors. Don't worry, this thread'll 404 in no time, I'm sure.
>>
>>55353241
I thought Logan was the shill?
>>
>>55353287
Logan doesn't even have his very own /g/ copypasta
>>
>>55353241
>A shill says he's not a shill and we're supposed to believe him

Yeah OK Linus, whatever you say.
>>
>>55353331
Did you even watch the video, or are you blowing hot air out your colon?
>>
>>55353348
>colon

fuck off Linus you faggot
>>
>>55353368
Quit acting like such a sphincter you butt-bandit
>>
File: 1467345148968.gif (2 MB, 213x160) Image search: [Google]
1467345148968.gif
2 MB, 213x160
>>55353148
Linus is such a fucking meme its unfunny.
>Watching anything remotely popular on YT in 2016
>>
File: ImFeelinSuicide.jpg (14 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
ImFeelinSuicide.jpg
14 KB, 228x228
>>55353417

>Watching only obscure shit on YT in CURRENT YEAR and thinking it makes you kewl
>>
He says it so it must be true. Isn't it the nature of a tech reviewer to be biased in some way? I mean his entire career involves being in the pocket of big tech corporations. He can influence thousands of people to buy their products, and clearly does.

Basically this video boils down to him saying that the videos that don't have sponsorships are honest, and everything else is bullshit, which comprises the majority of his videos.
>>
>>55353451
Why must you be biased to be a tech reviewer? I've watched Linus give honest opinions that don't suck their big fat corporate cock, in the very videos that are being sponsored.
Sounds to me like you have your own bias.
>>
>>55353451
What if he influences people to make the best choice?
>>
>>55353546
Nononono, don't put any nuance into the argument, he won't be able to handle it
>>
>>55353445
this
>>
>>55353304
And Linus does? Please share it with the thread for you have peaked our interest.
>>
>>55353718
If I could find my screenshots I would. There's a guy on /g/ that posts it in every thread, with the same pic of Linus and his wife. It goes on about his background in business, being a swim teacher, and how apparently a housekeeper makes more in a month than Linus does.
>>
>>55353756
It also ends with, "LinusShillTips is /biz/" or some shit.
>>
>>55353148
>youtube

fucking normies
>>
File: linus.gif (876 KB, 952x6809) Image search: [Google]
linus.gif
876 KB, 952x6809
>>55353756
>>55353777
Have you tried searching the archive at all
>>
>>55353835
No, I'm a bit lazy if I must admit.
>>
>>55353835
But thanks m8
>>
>>55353829
>post 2012 4chan
>fucking normies
>>
>>55353148
Sure you arent an actual paid shill

Sure you can survive without the hardware companies money.
Contractually you dont have to color your reviews

But at the same time you know its in your best interest to never fully shit on any product.
You shit on a product, you lose your free hardware. You have set a precedent you shit on companies, so you get less free hardware and less sponsorships

Its still a fucking game you play
>>
>>55354001
You faggots think he can't make his own money and survives off his wife, yet you think he has enough money to send me as a paid shill? When will /g/ ever learn?
>>
>>55354001
It's almost like it's possible to criticize a product for its flaws without completely shitting on it in the manner /g/ loves to do over even the smallest flaws in any product...
>>
>>55354054
This is exactly why the whole video is bunk.

You may not be contractually obligated to, but its in his best interest to skirt over shit to not alienate.
Thats the exact opposite of what he projects in his video.

Obviously you dont want your house of cards to fall down, but dont try to pull the wool over peoples eyes.
>>
>>55354083
Did you even read what I wrote? My point was that of course he doesn't need to shit on products. Most of the stuff he reviews is tech from reputable companies, which means most of the products he reviews ARE GOOD PRODUCTS, but products with one or two small flaws that he absolutely CAN point out without going "ERMAGERD IT'S SHIT COMPANY X IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT." Because only retards review products that way. He doesn't have to skirt over anything or pull the wool over anyone's eyes.
>>
>>55354185
You can't argue logically with children, anon.
>>
>Me on the last, big, centered commentary
>>
>>55354054
This
Look at the 970 review.

Not only did he convince people to buy a card that a huge glaring problem, he made the company that donated that card to him free very happy.

Rub my back, ill rub yours. Remember kids, if I review it, then it means its a Grade A product!
Linus doesnt even accept products from low end companies
>>
>>55353148
$3,500 has been deposited into your nVidia experience account.
>>
>>55354276
Everyone was praising the GTX 970 at launch, and some people still do. It was posting good benchmarks and I have plenty of friends who bought them and like them.
Again, only retards go "ERMAGERD 3.5GB NVIDIA IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT."
>>
IT'S OVER
NVIDIA IS FINISHED
>>
>>55354336
Check the video. 0% of money earned by LMG is contributed by nvidia.
>>
>>55354343

Only sensible people that don't have addictive consumerist mentalities like the drones who have to replace their GPU every 9 months.

3.5 is a big deal also. Games @ 1080p are already using more than 4 gigs of ram, and everyones favorite, gta5 does, and that game came out almost 4 years ago. So yeah, people that bought 3.5 gig cards got jipped.
>>
>>55353520
>Why must you be biased to be a tech reviewer?
Because high end tech is really expensive and you're gonna have to rely on sponsors to keep afloat
>>
>>55354719
They did, definitely. I specifically waited for Pascal and the 1070 rather than getting a 970 because of 3.5GB, but the point is just because they released a video on the 970 and were pleased with it when literally everyone else was too, doesn't mean they were shilling. Hell it wasn't until one guy did a synthetic memory benchmark that everyone started shitting themselves over it if I recall. At the time very few games hit that limit, only now are they doing it on the regular.
>>
>>55354739

But you don't have to be biased. You're doing a review for a reason. It's called a review for a reason. You're reviewing the product, and revealing the pros and cons of it throughout the video. And they really don't have to worry about sponsors. They've declined plenty of sponsorships already, so there isn't a shortage of companies who want their products reviewed and promoted.
>>
>>55353451
What he's saying is that review videos don't have sponsorships, and the videos that have sponsorships aren't reviews.

For example if he does a PC build and slaps in 8 sticks of Corsair Dominator Platinum, it's not him going "CORSAIR DOMINATOR IS THE BEST RAM AND THAT'S WHY WE'RE USING IT" it's because Corsair gave him shitloads of Dominator Platinum RAM so that's what's on hand.
>>
>>55354802
I don't see why this is so difficult for people to understand.
>>
>>55354388
$1 has been deposited in to your account pajeet.
>>
>>55355202

>dollars instead of rupees

You can't even shitpost right.
>>
>>55355243
We just want you to feel more modernized pajeet. If you prefer rupees, we can pay you in that. Or perhaps you want buttcoins?
>>
>>55355291

>not suggesting ponycoin like a real bro
>>
>>55354802
literally this
>>
File: 1461946786387.png (545 KB, 611x1103) Image search: [Google]
1461946786387.png
545 KB, 611x1103
Why do people hate Linus anyway? I never took him for a techie, he seems more like the host that presents the info to the audience
His videos are a bit biased but so is anything, just take the info and make your own judgement on the product
I like his case reviews (not as good as Canucks but good enough)
>>
>>55354802
Which is a fucking stupid way to pretend that he's not shilling it.

What the fuck do you think is going to happen when thousands of people who watch Linus see him put that in his machine? Buy Kensington RAM? Fuck no - pretending this isn't even WORSE than standard shilling - because of its subtlety - is ignoring the elephant in the room.

He's owned by nVidia and is too much of a pussy to admit it. He can fuck right off and so can you with your "sponsor non-review" meme.
>>
>>55355422

Why are you so angry? Could it be that you're trying to force a narrative and nobody is buying it? Try harder, gayboi.

>owned by nVidia
How's it feel to be a memelord?
>>
>>55355473
>I have no argument so I'm going to call you a memelord
>>
File: StraightFromtheForum.png (172 KB, 909x623) Image search: [Google]
StraightFromtheForum.png
172 KB, 909x623
>>55355422
I can't read too well. Do any of these say nVidia??????
So you are being a memelord???????
>>
>>55355522
>expecting (((Linus))) to not lie about being a (((Jew)))

Are you even trying anymore?
>>
>>55355498

It seems you're trying. An awful lot, actually.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.