[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So .pdf's are notoriously vulnerable... and I get all my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
So .pdf's are notoriously vulnerable... and I get all my text books from a certain Russian search engine. Is there anything I can do to secure or sanitize these files besides scanning with MBAM/ MSE?
>>
>>55327905
delete system32
>>
>>55327905
>So .pdf's are notoriously vulnerable
huh?
>>
gnu cat added pdf support
>>
Prevent them from running scripts
>>
I thought this summer shit was a meme. What in the actual fuck.
>>
>>55327954
It asked for administrator credentials which I do not have.
>>
>watching the book instead of the movie

LOL same info half the time noob
>>
>>55327980
No it didn't?
>>
>>55327905

Your only real choice to make sure you're not carrying anything nasty on your drives is to download a local copy inside a virtual machine, inside a sandbox environment. Then, move the file from that to a USB, go to a printer and print the entirety of the document and then scan it back into a new PDF.

And you're done.
>>
>>55328013
You. I like you.
>>
>>55327993
this. also use some software to prevent the process and its child processes to connect to the network
>>
Is converting the pdf to another document a way to trim anything potentially unwanted?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.