[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made an anonymous git hosting site! There's no regist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: akari2.jpg (58 KB, 514x524) Image search: [Google]
akari2.jpg
58 KB, 514x524
I made an anonymous git hosting site!
There's no registration, so you can push to any repo without limits.
Think of it like ephemeral git hosting, like 4chan, but for git.

The repos get pruned after 24 hours of inactivity, and I saved myself the hassle of moderating by rejecting any commits containing binary data.
Tell me how it works, and try to break it so I can fix it pls.

http://tempgit.mooo.com/
>>
>>55327138
>The repos get pruned after 24 hours of inactivity,

sounds useless
>>
>>55327138
Why?
>>
>>55327153
I can make it longer.

The point is, people on /g/ are less willing to collaborate on anything because they're lazy and half of them are too autistic to use github.

This way, there's no barrier to entry!
You can make quick throwaway repos and start writing code immediately.
>>
>>55327214
Yeah, the barrier to making huge software projects is git. Thanks for clearing that up, fucking retard.
>>
>>55327214
Why not make it a week?
>>
>>55327214
How does Git work?

I've been looking to release some scripts I made just to establish that they're licensed by me under MIT but I'm not sure where to go.
>>
thanks for free cp storage
>>
>>55327577
he rejects binary data
>>
How about making it 24h of no activity?
>>
>>55328582
DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
>>
>>55327138
Eat shit and die.
>>
File: 1463022451821.png (65 KB, 265x253) Image search: [Google]
1463022451821.png
65 KB, 265x253
>so you can push to any repo without limits
This might be an issue.
>>
>>55327482
I'll make the logo.
>>
>>55327138
This is a great idea for hackatons!
>>
>>55328795
Making a logo sounds like quite a big project. We should start a Project L for making the logo.

I'll make the logo for Project L

>>55328853
this, actually
>>
At least you did something.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 325x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 325x321
>>55327138
Can I make repo for smug anime faces?
>>
>>55328853
Yeah... I also like this for projects that I want to mess around with, but I dont want cluttering up my main git repo.

Also might be useful for lazy coders who need something to force them to make frequent commits.
>>
Yes, please upload your code to this anonymous site so I can claim I coded it myself and use it in my portfolio to get a job.
>>
AKARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNN~~
>>
File: renge.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
renge.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>55330035
literally who?
>>
>>55330075
oh u
>>
>>55329067
To be fair, you can do this to any open source code, nobody will call you out on it.
>>
I had this idea like 2 years ago. I was going to call it 4git, as in "4git about it".

But I realized it was a shitty idea and never made it.

The limitation on the repo name is retarded, but at least put a
maxlength
attribute on the
<input>
tags so I don't have to redo that godawful captcha (which you should also get rid of)

Also cgit or instaweb or whatever the fuck is fine for prototyping but literally no one ever liked that shit, either make a custom design or copy github (shit they even have this for you to use: http://primercss.io/)

Also you should accept that http://repo.or.cz/ got there first and is literally the perfect incarnation of this idea.

Good luck!!! ;D
>>
>>55327556
git init
git add
git commit
git push

>>55327214
>too autistic for github
but that's what gitlab is for

>>55328559
>what is base64
>>
>>55327138
so... are there any protections against forced push? are the reflogs at least protected?
>>
>>55327138
Thanks Akarin
>>
>>55332778
>are there any protections against forced push?
Not really.
The system even force pushes a hard git reset to get rid of unwanted commits.
>>
>>55331991
>what is base64

It's not binary. Binary is base2
>>
>>55331991
>why are there so many 50MB text files?
>>
>>55327556
there are a few ways to do it like using the github app, but chances are you just want to do what >>55331991 says. a maybe more straightforward way would be

- go to github (assuming github) and make a public repo. when you've gone through the process, find the link for cloning and copy it.

go into your terminal and say
`git clone <url> [path]` where path is some optional folder name. if your repository is named "useful-shit" and you don't specify a path field, it'll make a folder called "useful-shit". it honestly doesn't matter. you can rename it later if you want and it doesn't cause any problems (unless you're doing something really funky).

move your shit into that folder. yes, there's a better way, but it involves adding a remote and branch and shit and honestly it just feels a little more involved to me.

type `git add .` to add everything in the current directory (here's a fun note: don't commit something with passwords or other sensitive shit; read more about "gitignore" if you're worried, and you should be).

type `git commit -am "<some useful message for the future; or, just 'init'>"`

type `git push origin master`

in the above case it's somewhat useful to think about what these mean, but if you're just starting out you'll probably only use the origin and probably only use the master branch.

but i can't emphasize enough that you're really only tapping into git at an incredibly superficial level if you just stay here. it's fine to stay there if that's all you want to take on cognitively, but i *promise* it's worth learning more about how to really use git to its greater limits.
>>
>>55327556
>there are people on this board who don't know how to use version control
>>
File: question cats.png (693 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
question cats.png
693 KB, 1280x720
What's wrong with neetco.de?
>>
>>55327138
You need a better logo
>>
>>55333093
requires registration
offers no guarantees of persistence because it's hosted by one guy in some rental VPS which they'll just stop paying when they get bored

>>55333110
What do you have in mind?
>>
>>55332985
1) nobody knows at birth

2) there are lots of faggots on /g/ who don't know how to code (and some who don't even want to learn) - how would you expect those people to know how version control works?

3) we all have to start somewhere. my hunch is if we looked at your bitbucket/gitlab/github profile you would predominantly use the master branch and not really have demonstrated any competence at collaborative work, which is a whole dimension of version control that you mostly learn from doing.

tl;dr: don't be a dickbag.
>>
>>55333183
>i know how to use git checkout!!
>i'm better than you!!!

holy shit, settle down
>>
>>55333093
>neetco.de is kill

haha
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.