[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can be done with and old Intel Xeon Processor 3.20E GHz,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: s-l300.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
s-l300.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
What can be done with and old Intel Xeon Processor 3.20E GHz, 2M Cache, 64-bit processor?
Should I bother with it?
>>
>>55324973
frame it and then after many years show it to your grandchildren.
>>
run it as a seedbox with funtoo
>>
is it in a full system, or by itself?
it's nothing super special, lower tier of its release batch (best of them was the 3.6E) and okay for a file server, web surfer or the like but not something I would spend the money sourcing a board and other components just to run it, with how cheap netburst chips are nowadays and how undesirable they are to collectors there's no real reason to go with anything less than the best of a particular time

if you've got it in a system already though, use it for whatever, it's fine for most shit that XP can run
>>
>>55325169
>funtoo
>systemd
No thanks.
>>
>>55325218
http://www.funtoo.org/Funtoo_Linux_FAQ
>So we do not support systemd as part of Funtoo

ok man :3
>>
>>55325258
Thank you, Cunningham's Law.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.