[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Carlton loses it.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Carlton loses it.gif
2 MB, 320x240
I understand many of you will be seeing this and thinking omds what a n00B.

I've always been interested in coding etc but the sheer number of 'tutorial videos' and 'free helpbooks' just baffled me.

Anyone have a genuine good starting point? A way to learn java and C++ etc
>>
bump??
>>
>>55321409
Since you're too lazy to start reading the 'free helpbooks ' and watching the 'tutorial videos', find out when and where a Java or c++ class starts at your local college for the fall semester. Then just sit in that class and learn since the professor has everything planned out for you. Unless the professor or TA's check to make sure everyone there is supposed to be there, you basically get to take the class for free.
>>
>>55322025
This, honestly.

>Inb4 OP is too lazy to sit in a class and absorb information

Good luck building anything on your own.
>>
>>55321409
Read Kernighan and Ritchie's The C Language, build a simple game with SDL. Read "Thinking in C++", build a simple game with SDL and C++. Read "Thinking in Java" and the official Spring tutorials, build a simple blog with Java, Spring, Hibernate and PostgreSQL. Congratulations, now you know as much as a 15 year old script kiddie.
>>
>>55322025
>>55322117

I'm not a college student or live in USA. I work full time and want to learn coding in order to enhance my CV. I've looked at many youtube videos but find that it's not really helping me.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.