[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A tech start up in California is soliciting me to be a systems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 20140826_084308.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20140826_084308.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
A tech start up in California is soliciting me to be a systems engineer for them.

Tell me why I'm an idiot for considering it.
>>
>>55312284

why are you asking a bunch of homeless to convince you not to take a job?
>>
>>55312284
you will have to use a macbook
>>
Will they be paying you well?

If so, what's the problem?
>>
are you happy with your current job? (do you have one?)
>>
>>55312284
if you are young and no one relies on you, do it, it may grow like crazy and it'll give you a chance to get into upper management quickly.
>>
>>55312410
>being this much of a cuck
Startups always hire upper management from outside whenever they take off. They never promote their own employees.
>>
>>55312398

I don't know what the pay is yet, the workload and situation is still being detailed.

>>55312403
I do have a job as as a systems administrator for a smallish, 38 store, retail company. It kind of sucks.

>>55312410
I'm really young, so I'm a bit concerned I'll be taken advantage of where I don't have the excuse of being married or having kids.
>>
Do you already have a stable job that provides you with a reliable and livable income?
Is what they are offering drastically out of touch with what someone of your skills and experience should be making? (For good or bad)
>>
>>55312432
The job I have right now may not be stable but it provides like triple what my living expenses are. I'm putting away >2k a month into savings.

The compensation package has yet to be discussed. I'll definitely hard negotiate it though given that I'm being solicited upon and working in another country I'd be benefiting from the exchange rate and take additional cash in lieu of traditional healthcare, etc benefits.
>>
>>55312464
Working for a company in another country*

It's likely I would be remote.
>>
youre 20 years late
>>
>>55312417
This is patently untrue.

>>55312429
married men work more, no one will expect more from you.
>>
are startup jobs not /g/ approved?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.