[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEXUS 6P USERS BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Nexus_5_(1).jpg (517 KB, 995x784) Image search: [Google]
Nexus_5_(1).jpg
517 KB, 995x784
http://indiatoday.intoday.in/technology/story/2-years-later-google-nexus-5-is-still-fastest-android-phone-why/1/578934.html

A 2 YEAR OLD NEXUS 5 IS FASTER THEN THE LATEST "GREATEST" ANDROID RELEASE KEK
>>
>>55294887
>pootoday
DESIGNATED
>>
>indiatoday.intoday.in

what the fuck is up with that
>>
>>55294887
>bought nexus 5 2 years ago
>running kitkat for the longest time
>clunky
>update to marshmallow
>snappy, brand new

At this rate, this phone will last at least another year and with Android N around the corner, why buy a new phone? Why?
>>
>>55294887
Damn, the author makes some good points, the clock speed is .2ghz faster in the Nexus 5 and the Nexus 6p runs at a bunch of slower cores meaning slower performance. Plus it has to distribute all the processing power between all the cores which makes it worse. Good read OP
>>
>>55294887
Nexus 6P is using the shitty 810 processor. Battery life and performance was abysmal for 2015.
>>
>>55294929
>kitkat
>clunky
The fuck you do with it? Stop installing shitware, mine's been on kk for almost 2 years, reboot every 2 weeks and no need for reinstalls or anything like that.
>>
>>55294929
nexus 5 won't get N.
>>
File: 78727.png (37 KB, 650x550) Image search: [Google]
78727.png
37 KB, 650x550
Probably because its encrypted. Android encryption is a joke
>>
>>55294887
>made a troll thread
>people actually defend this poo in loo
>was hoping /g/ to tear the author a new asshole and explain why his logic of a 2 year old 32 bit processor running on 4 cores at 2.2ghz wouldn't be faster then a newer 64 bit octa core processor running at a slightly slower speed
>>
>>55295112
>Moar cores
>>
File: VS980.jpg (61 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
VS980.jpg
61 KB, 650x650
I have an LG G2 (which is what the Nexus 5 is basically a port of) and it's a better device overall then the Nexus 5 could ever dare hope to be. The camera sensor in the G2 is superior, can do RAW image pulls (the Nexus 5 camera can't, go figure, even though it's based on the G2's hardware), has better performance all around, lasts far longer on a battery charge (I just replaced the original battery in my G2 with a brand new one last month and with CloudyG2 2.2 and the Dorimanx kernel I routinely get 8+ hours of SOT without even thinking about it), better everything.

Yes the Nexus is nice because it has so much community support for it but the fuck do I care. The G2 I have is the Verizon variant (VS980), has wireless charging support (the only G2 that did/does), it's just fucking awesome to this day, seriously.

The Nexus 5 was a decent device but the G2 is everything the Nexus 5 should have been.
>>
>caring about this
>muh phone games run worse
>>>/v/
>>
>>55295065
Nobody but Google knows. People said Nexus 10(the device i'm using to shitpost in this precise moment) wouldn't get Lollipop but it did.
>>
>>55295151
>the Nexus 5 camera can't [do RAW]
>I don't know of Camera2 api
>i don't know third-party apps allow getting RAW off N5 camera.
>>
Hype as fuck. The possibility of an Android phone that runs Android as well as iPhones run iOS is exciting.
>>
>>55295151
I had an lg g2. Was the best phone I ever had until the screen didn't detect in certain areas
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.