[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you think of a more disrespected test? (especially within
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Can you think of a more disrespected test?

(especially within its own industry)
>>
CEH

Fuck the haters, I got it anyways
>>
In this industry, definitely not. If I was interviewing someone for any kind of engineering or even sysadmin position and they put this on their resume, I wouldn't even interview them. It's fine if you're trying to get an entry level job, though.
>>
What should I get instead? I need some certs to get entry level
>>
>>55291512
AWS
>>
>>55291553
Nigga I said entry level
>>
MCSE: Sharepoint
>>
>>55291401
Honest question for someone considering this as a career path.

What makes certain certs more well respected? Is what is taught for A+ cert just never used? Is it outdated? Needlessly complex?
>>
>>55291573
Check it out. If you can shitpost you should be able to handle it.

>>55291589
no, just no.

A properly running SharePoint is a thing of beauty or at least I would assume so since I have never seen on in Enterprise that wasn't mostly broken.

>>55291609
Most people don't give a shit if you can fix a printer from the 80s or detailed knowledge of the difference between north and south bridges on a processor It will get you in the door at 95% of places because it ensures that you can turn on a computer and you can remember things for at least 2 weeks. Besides the lack of current information it is mile wide which most people have a problem with. There is a solid reason most cert paths have this a base. /g/ hates it because it is noob level, but about 10% of the fuckers here could actually pass this test (40% if you gave them two weeks to study)
>>
>>55291675
Could you recommend some that, when seen, prompt a "wow, this guy is an interesting prospect," rather than "ITT tech still exists?"
>>
>>55291723
http://www.isaca.org/certification/cisa-certified-information-systems-auditor/how-to-become-certified/pages/default.aspx is the only "interesting" prospect that I think would guarantee a job.

I don't think companies want interesting. They want IT to be the furthest thing from their mind. If you want in get your windows whatever cert find a job that will give you training/cert money and then pursue what you like. I think even the box stores has a program.

Sorry no easy answers. Another anon might have it.
>>
I feel bad because I'm getting the holy grail: A+, Net+, and Sec+ (also Linux+ because I can put the LPIC and Suse level 1 too on my resume). Hopefully I can get at least $13/hr once I get all four certs.
>>
>>55291675
The A+ certification gets re-vamped every couple of years. Sure the 801-802 has information that dated these days however, the new 901-902 came out recently and asks questions that are more up to date.

My only gripe with the A+ is the cost because, it costs more than the Net+ and Sec+ which makes no sense to me but, whatever.

I learned some useful things while studying for it and it can help you land your first job.

>>55292016

Good luck anon, I'm going for the trifecta as well.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.