[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm using only duck duck go to do searches on my mobile,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: enYiSYM.jpg (67 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
enYiSYM.jpg
67 KB, 1024x681
I'm using only duck duck go to do searches on my mobile, and the browser is set to delete all private data on exit. How does Facebook know which sites I visit? It always suggests me ads based on the sites I visit.
>>
>>55289783
Facebook like buttons on sites.
>>
>>55289826
But I didn't sign in to facebook in the browser! I use the app.
>>
>>55289844
it knows...
>>
>>55289844
check what priviliges you gave to app
>>
>>55289783
>mobile

lol the facebook app pretty much grants itself root access, if it's on there it knows.

Besides facebook will get usage data of your device's behavior from other sites and match it to you.
>>
>>55289844
this doesn't change a damn thing.
>Facebook puts content on certain sites
>you call that content on sites
>you're tracked now
>you call FB once in a while from the same device (your app does that on auto to display events)
>current session tracker matches the call from a mobile device per IP to account
>???
>profit (not yours though)
>>
>>55290194
>Besides facebook will get usage data of your device's behavior from other sites and match it to you.
Also this. There are entire companies for the single purpose of collecting your metadata.
>>
>>55289783
is op upset about lack of semen
>>
>>55289783
Use ublock, umatrix, self destructing cookies, random agent spoofer, better privacy, https everywhere, decentraleyes. Read about about what all of these do.
>>
>>55289783
Sleep tight, puppers.
>>
>>55291541
good luck, citizens.
Sleep tight, puppers.
>>
>>55290194
>pretty much grants itself root access
I'm not a basement dweller. I use all kinds of proprietary software. I still agree with what you've said. Facebook invades your privacy like nothing else. I refuse to touch that thing with a 10 foot pole.
>>
>>55289783
Browser fingerprinting. There's no way to stop it. Google it.
>>
>>55291516
It's kind of moot now that google is doing browser fingerprinting too. None of those do a damn thing to stop that, and no one is willing to develop one for some reason. Probably because it would require a browser patch and extensive website profiling to be effective.
>>
File: P_20160628_140513.jpg (3 MB, 4096x2304) Image search: [Google]
P_20160628_140513.jpg
3 MB, 4096x2304
>>55293156
Random agent spoofer is pretty good at masking fingerprints, probably the best one out there.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.