[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ the rest of the internet forums can't figure it out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 1466683041493.jpg (136 KB, 940x1253) Image search: [Google]
1466683041493.jpg
136 KB, 940x1253
/g/ the rest of the internet forums can't figure it out all I have left are you meme spouting script kiddies and the few people who actually know what the fuck they are talking about here.

I had to send my VGA card to gigabyte for a RMA, so I thought no big deal I will just use my IGP in the meantime, but I'm having issues with it. The card I had installed was a 980 ti if that is important the first time I booted with the Intel HD 4600 I had to changey bios settings because I have previously disabled it. So I re enabled it and turned the shared ram allowance to the max. Booted into Windows uninstalled my nvidia drivers and installed the latest Intel drivers for my 4600 IGP. That is when I started noticing that I had problems. I have a 4k TV hooked up since my main monitor only accepts display port so I had to suffer lag to turn down my resolution (took about ten minutes.) After dropping the resolution I am still having random lag spikes and can't get the desktop to function correctly. I tried loading a few graphics intensive applications and it does not suffer the same slowdown as the windows 10 desktop does and have tried everything I can to fix it but it just won't work correctly. Any ideas on how to fix it?
>>
>>55288582
>Inb4 install gentoo
>>
>>55288582
>at least drivers work on windows lol!
>>
>>55288582
>windows 10
>>
>>55288617
Shoo memester it probably isn't a driver problem
>>
>>55288634
I use Windows because I work with AutoCAD making 3d building blueprints. Linux doesnt run AutoCAD reliably.
>>
Install [spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler][spoiler]Gentoo[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
>>
>>55290367
Godamnit fuck you meme spouting faggots well at least the thread made me laugh.
>>
Make sure you don't have a 20 megabyte jpg set as the wallpaper.
>>
File: well did you.jpg (188 KB, 800x642) Image search: [Google]
well did you.jpg
188 KB, 800x642
Did you try turning it off then on again?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.