[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should be the simplest to argue for two paragraphs: Everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Logicprogramming.jpg (40 KB, 450x382) Image search: [Google]
Logicprogramming.jpg
40 KB, 450x382
What should be the simplest to argue for two paragraphs: Everyone should be required to learn to code or everyone should not be required to learn to code?
>>
Is this for some homework? Then the first. Most teachers want their jobs secure.
>>
I think everyone can benefit from some basic computer literacy courses and this includes basic scripting because a little shell scripting can go a long way.

Not everyone needs to learn to code for the same reason that not everyone becomes a mathematician, not everyone is cut out for it.
The "everyone can code" and "programmer shortage" meme is a scheme put into place by silicon valley who wants to devalue the software development profession into the janitorial work of the 21st century, with pay to match.
>>
>>55271468
Yes, but are there professors out there who still believe they are required for people to learn to code properly?

There shouldn't be a right or wrong answer but perhaps you are right, he may grade the people who choose the latter option harsher. But really no, people should not be required to code. lel
>>
>>55271510
A basic computer literacy course is required at my Uni but it doesn't go beyond teaching office programs. Shell scripting is not required but students are required to be aware of basic terminology and what they do, example Virtual Machines. This doesn't mean the student will ever be required to run a Unix-based OS or anything though.
>>
>>55271452

Arguing that everyone should learn to program would obviously be easier because you can just pretend that it wouldn't cost money or get bastardized by public schools or anything. You can argue the same thing for learning almost anything.

I get the vibe from this thread that you are a real dense motherfucker. If I got this assignment I would be pissed because it is a flagrant waste of time. Your teacher should be gassed.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.