[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2 Slot Spacing SLI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 635x673) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 635x673
I recently purchased 2 GTX 1080's and I need to know which slot spacing SLI bridge I need that would best accommodate this motherboard: Asus X99 A - II (see pic)

This is the diagram they provided for slot spacing, and I'm more or less clueless. (at bottom of page)

http://www.evga.com/products/Product.aspx?pn=100-2W-0027-LR

Thanks in advanced for those who respond.
>>
>Not your personal tech support
>>
>>55269848
where should i go?
>>
>>55269848
> Couldn't find the info, better be sarcastic.
>>
>>55269868
no i'm genuinely asking. i'll let the thread die, i just want to find out
>>
bad news for you son i just got an asus mobo that came doa

heh hope you're not holding yout breath
>>
>>55269833
Don't you get the SLI bridge of appropriate size bundled with the motherboard?
>>
>>55269886
I'm getting the new HB sli bridge. Double bandwitch etc, has to be purchased seperatelt unfortunately
>>
>>55269886
> this
>>
File: NVIDIA-SLI-HB-PASCAL.png (25 KB, 852x465) Image search: [Google]
NVIDIA-SLI-HB-PASCAL.png
25 KB, 852x465
>>
>>55270246
what is this
>>
you need to find out if the motherboard lets you put the second card in any of the slots or just the top one.
>>
>>55270308
demensions of the distance between the sli slots

if your on a normal atx case and 4 slots used in the back based on your boards slot place ment then use the 2 slot.

5 slots use the 3 slot bridge
6 slots used use the 4 slot bridge
>>
File: Lain reads the fucking manual.png (188 KB, 456x345) Image search: [Google]
Lain reads the fucking manual.png
188 KB, 456x345
>>55269833
>second diagram from the bottom explains it
>>
good goy
>>
>>55270246
If i'm doing this with 2 RX490s does AMD have different CF bridges?
>>
>>55271046
They don't use crossfire bridges with current gen AMD GPUs.

They communicate over the PCI bus
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.