[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Living Room PC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: dogcakes.jpg (28 KB, 650x296) Image search: [Google]
dogcakes.jpg
28 KB, 650x296
Looking to get a PC for the living room;
- used for movies/tv, torrents, web browsing
- small and quiet
- wifi

was looking to build a Mini-ITX for around $600 AUD....

I've just noticed there are some very small pre-built media center PC's. Are these any good? If so, can you recommend one?
>>
>>55266283

Literally steam link and Android TV + plex
>>
>>55266857
I don't have a computer in the house, it's for my holiday house.

Currently looking into Gigabyte Brix. Anyone got experience with using one as a Media Center?

http://cplonline.com.au/gigabyte-brix-gb-bxi7-5500-intel-core-i7-2-4ghz-3-0ghz-ddr3-barebones-pc.html?utm_source=shopbot&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=direct_link
>>
Build a mini itx anon, it's very fun.
Use some basic components and a good enough card for 4k streaming (Radeon r7 370) and you are set.
>>
>>55267034
I've built one before (and it was a pain in the ass).

Ideally i'd like something as small as possible.

I have no plans to put a GPU into it.
>>
Also, a big problem I'm having with Mini ITX is including WiFi...

The cheapest AMD mobo i can find that has wifi is $250... and the cheapest Intel one is $175.

Usually i'd just add a PCI-E wireless adapter... but i'm not sure that will fit into the small case i want.
>>
>>55267078
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MWbkcf/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz170nwifi
Great motherboard.

Also got the previous one GA-Z97N-WIFI. is being used in a nas.
>>
Nigger, with that amount of you can better set up a decent server and a toaster as a client.
>>
these chodes saying "build ur own bro" are the kind of dorks that still live with their parents or don't mind having a jet engine blowing in their living room. fuck that.

i have an older version of this

http://www dawt newegg dawt com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856158038

and it's been running like a champ for 3-4 years. even if the internal hdd isn't massive, there are plenty of usb3 ports and the wifi is fast enough to stream high bitrate 1080p from my nas.

super tiny, super quiet, no fuss. next time i upgrade my htpc, i will definitely go with another asrock mini-pc.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.