[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic unrelated. This is just a question, it isn't really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-06-25-23-34-12.png (936 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-25-23-34-12.png
936 KB, 1080x1920
Pic unrelated.

This is just a question, it isn't really a reflection of what I want to do but I'm just curious: how would you hack or mod a mobile app? I hear people constantly talking about hackers in Clash of Clans or other play to win games to get an edge on the other players but when I look up methods to do so all I find are malware downloads for fake hacking tools.

Does it involve modifying the APK in some way?
>>
It may. Alternatively you could write a program which runs alongside the app, capturing the data which it's about to send to a server and modifying it first. This way the app thinks you're following the "rules" but the server reacts to the data it receives, which may make it misbehave. This is effectively what one guy did with Dominoes to make the server believe that his payment was authenticated despite never actually going through.

Bonus points if you can see the very easy way to outsmart such a hack.
>>
>>55262218
Clash of Clans is server based changing the apk won't do shit.
>>
>>55262281

Interesting. So would writing this program be pretty complex, or would it be simple if you had fairly decent knowledge of programming language?
>>
>>55262218
>touchwizz
>>
>>55262335
It would be simple to write, but moderately difficult to reach the level of competence where one would know what to write.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.