[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speaker Cables
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_0103.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Help me /g/ I'm a fucking moron. How do I connect these speakers my dad gave me to my desktop? Do I need to buy a connector cable or something? Is this ideal?
>>
>>55259162
Get speakers from this millennia.
>>
youll need something to something converter.
>>
>>55259162
you need an amp
>>
You need an amp to use those speakers. The amp will connect to your desktop. You might have to cut the green thing off to connect the wire to the amp.

You know what though, that speak really just isn't worth it. You're underage, so take a bus to walmart and buy the $15 speakers with a 3.5mm plug and you'll be much better off.
>>
>>55259216
some things are worth more than contemporary cheap logitech products. his dad gave them to him. he may be dead or he might just value them and thought his spn deserved them etc.
>>
>>55259216
Thanks mate, will do this

>>55259258
Technically I stole them from him, so nah
>>
Buy an amp. The lepai 2020 is good and relatively cheap. Everyone on /g/ used to have them before the people with speakers turned into elitist audiophiles.

Cut the green thing off.

Seperate the wires.

Put wires into the clamp on the back of the amp.

And you're good to go. Thats how easy it is.
>>
File: sss.png (833 KB, 890x510) Image search: [Google]
sss.png
833 KB, 890x510
>>55259185

never!
>>
File: 1456114982477.jpg (44 KB, 486x546) Image search: [Google]
1456114982477.jpg
44 KB, 486x546
>>55259791
>>
>>55260035
you mean before people got taste
>>
>>55259162
What actually is this connector, though?
>>
>>55260182
Comfy as fuck, I'm jelly.
>>
>>55262396
some proprietary bullshit.

it probably plugged into a subwoofer or something. its just an speaker cable though, hot and cold wire.
>>
>>55259162
>proprietary technology
>to mate copper wire transmitting analog audio signals

cut the wire and attach a non-retarded audio connector.
>>
pc speaker sets use proprietary stuff like that a lot, it prevents retards from plugging the satelite speaker into the pc, when the sat. is supposed to plug into the woofer, which plugs into the pc. Its just to retard proof a multi speaker set
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.